Sick of Blizz Lies about hearing feedback

General Discussion
Prev 1 55 56 57 65 Next
Wow, this thread is still on the front page?
Coming from playing on Uther, and leveling from Vanilla zones through Northrend (and heading to Cata) zones on Moon Guard.

Sorry haven't experienced any of these issues. Gathering profs going at steady pace. Still no real competition for quest kills. I never get these "massive frame rate drops" I just read about.

I guess suddenly I'm the 1% that doesn't have a problem with CRZ.

Or is it I'm the 99%?

You're the 1%

What % are you Mr. 50 Characters?
11/18/2012 08:15 AMPosted by Meiyun

I'm going to point out that people who have leveled 50 characters are probably very few and far in between as well, so why exactly is your experience more important?

It's not a pvp game. It's a pve game with pvp components. What part of that do you simply not understand?

The part where your play experience is somehow more valid than theirs.

And reposted because trolls are too lazy to go back and read anything.

Clearly you haven't read anything.

Bug: Two passenger mounts eject passengers at zone borders. No FIX ETA if it is fixable
Bug: Freezing while changing zones
Bug: Drastic framerate drops on non-native servers
Bug: Time zone changes of up to 3 hours +/1 (Not a bug to them, but sure as hell is a bug to us)
Bug: (due to above problem) Day to night to day to night to day changes when zoning.
Bug: lag shifting from one named region within a zone to another named region

Broken: Stranglethorn fishing tournament - removed from game because of exploitation
Semi-broken: Darkmoon Faire Portal - DMF starts at 12 on your server, but the portal is two hours behind, so you can't get in until 2 am. That's WRONG.

Bad design: You can't report and ignore people from other realms. You can't do anything to them ... and they know it. People with bad names, bad guild names, filthy chat in general channels ... you can't do a damned thing.
Bad design: Timed events, like DMF and Fishing tournaments and Tapping the Brewfest Keg ... all destroyed because you never know what timezone you're going to be in.

1) Fly on separate mounts, use flight masters? I could see this being marginally annoying, but nowhere near game breaking.

2) I think they're taking that one seriously. What more do you want?

3) ^

4) Personally, I see 2 ways to solve this: Universal server times, or making it so that CRZ servers only link with other servers in the same time zone. I favor the former.

5) Aside from the things I mentioned, why does a simple day/night shift bother anyone? Did you play too much Castlevania: Simon's Quest so that a day/night transition in a video game gives you an aneurysm? Are there some new mobs or quests or what have you that only spawn during the day or night that I'm unaware of? I honestly have to say that I've never paid much attention to whether it's day or night in the game.

6) 2 & 3.

7) They should have let it be exploited instead?

8) Ok, but.. come on. Really seems like you're just looking for every little error you can possibly find. Do you really stand at the portal waiting for the Faire to open every month?

9) Don't read chat? Filthy chat? Does CRZ break the language filters?

10) Does need to be solved.. see suggestion about universal game time or same-time merges.
11/13/2012 10:35 AMPosted by Daxxarri
I have one question: Where's the proof?

The OP has a point.. They did specifically say that they felt it was too much for players to feel that they had to grind reputations for head and shoulder enchants and then they turn around and put the enchants for other slots behind reputations.

Not really. They're different things. The enchantments were absolutely, without-question mandatory, because there was no other way to obtain those particular power increases no matter what else you did in the game.

The current dailies might feel that mandatory to some particularly progression focused players, but it is entirely possible to skip them, and the gear they provide, pretty much entirely and still arrive at the same level of character potency.

No doubt someone will mention profession recipes. Profession recipes have virtually always required some hoop jumping - ranging from RNG raid drops to rep grinds; the best recipes have always required a little something extra.

I have one question: Where's the proof?

I'm not interested in citing the entire massive list directly, but World of Warcraft has a long history of adjustments in response to player feedback. A couple simple recent examples would be raising the Arena and Rated Battleground base point caps or the upcoming changes to the way that Pandaria faction reputation is gained by alternate characters on an account.

When something you feel strongly about hasn't been changed, that doesn't mean that we've dismissed feedback. In fact, sometimes we really like a suggestion, but implementing it doesn't quite fit into the schedule yet, or there are technical or design reasons why it doesn't fit into the game yet. Sometimes, we want to wait til we can implement a more elegant solution. And, of course, sometimes we simply disagree that a particular change is the right course for the game. Nonetheless, in none of these cases is feedback dismissed - it was still taken into account during the decision making process.

Then how come you guys dont respond to all the Shaman feedback?!?!!
11/18/2012 12:50 AMPosted by Locknshock
Also, the technology for Grouping with Friends exists, but that isnt what people are complaining about. Shipping people around just because a zone doesnt have its quota of players is just about the dumbest thing that has ever been implemented in this game, and actually has the Opposite result of what Blizz was trying to achieve.

No, it's the exact result they're trying to achieve.

This game was designed around the idea of running into people, and grouping to do quests, and actually being a community of players. It was never intended that you'd be literally the only person in the entire zone.

The fact that this was happening all the time led to getting rid of all the group quests, changing elite mobs into normal mobs, etc.

There are options out there for the people who would rather not deal with cross realm zones, but for the rest of us, cross realm zones are the answer for us. There's not only one opinion of this game. While you might enjoy not seeing all those people around, other people do.

We just got so used to the idea of if you want to go kill a rare, or go farm a few thousand ore or herbs, you just go do it... Now the game returned to it's original design in zone population. The life you're seeing in the zones is what the game was designed to be.

This is why so much feedback gets "ignored"... It's based on insane misunderstandings of what things are for... Like CRZ, was only to populate zones, not some magic fix to anything, just to make people actually be there so the option to group and make friends with people that you run into questing (which you guys have been complaining for years about how that doesn't happen anymore) will actually exist.
There are options out there for the people who would rather not deal with cross realm zones, but for the rest of us, cross realm zones are the answer for us. There's not only one opinion of this game. While you might enjoy not seeing all those people around, other people do.

Wait, what are the options for those who don't like CRZ?

And even the most rabid critic of CRZ understands that this was the purpose. The problem is that they broke a crapton of OTHER things that a lot of people enjoyed to make it happen.
obligatory and inevitable:

ANNIVERSARY GIFT SHOWS BLIZZARD DOESN'T CARE AND DOESN'T LISTEN!!

ohmahgerd
/foamatthemouth
/otherthingstoconveysarcasmintextform
11/16/2012 01:49 PMPosted by Daxxarri
CRZ is harshly criticized by some, and praised by some, but mostly it fits seamlessly into the gameplay of many (as it was intended to). The technology makes possible some truly cool things, like cross realm parties. It's a response to the many complaints that the old world felt empty and devoid of life. It's also a lot more than that. We're aware of the concerns that players have expressed about it, and we'll continue to improve it so the experience that players have with it only gets better.

I like the cross server grouping, I have friends that I'm no longer on the same server with that I enjoy BGing and doing old raids with. However, I have yet to see ANYONE praise CRZ. As you're very well aware, your game is catered more towards the casual population. It's been happening since vanilla, and I don't blame you - it's the better business decision. However, explain to me how sharing the same spawns (minerals, herbs, mobs) helps the casual player?

It doens't, it slows them down. It slows everyone down. I recently had to level Blacksmithing, and I had to take up Mining just because there was such a shortage on the AH. When I hit post vanilla nodes it was even worse. Fel Iron is an absolute nightmare to farm.

If you're so confident with CRZ, why not give everyone the option to opt out like it's been suggested so many times? Then the burden of choosing to see a deserted world (I couldn't care less), or a crowded one will be on us.

Heck, why not at least do a poll on these forums and see what people's feelings are? Make it a 1-10 and give us all a good idea, because all I'm seeing so far is hatred for it and I'm personally disgusted by it.

If I want mass PvP, I'll join a BG with some friends. If I want World PvP I'll fly around Pandaria. Low level zones are just an excuse for people to gank (which I don't care about), but once again the bigger issue is shared resources. Considering people are looting them for different economies, that's a problem.
if only u people would stop crying all the time
How can you make friends with people you'll never likely see again?
They opened server transfers for people who wanted off dead realms to leave dead realms.

If the game was designed to be patchworked and jerky, then why was it seamless before?
It's not the SOCIAL aspects of the game as much the TECHNICAL ones that are making us hate CRZ.

Fact: 2P mounts tossing people out is not "how the game was designed."
Fact: Timezone changes (and the accompanying lighting changes) is not "how the game was designed."
Fact: Being unable to ignore people who are verbally abusive to you is not "how the game was designed."
Fact: Being harassed by people who are higher level than you because they are bored or BECAUSE YOU ARE FROM A DIFFERENT SERVER is not "how the game was designed."
Fact: Players missing out on fishing tournaments and missing timed-in game events and not being able to get into DMF for two hours after it starts ON THEIR OWN REALM is not "how the game was designed."

Because if that's how the game was designed, it wouldn't BE HERE NOW.

1. You make friends the same way you always did... right click them, pick the option to add them as a battle.net friend. And now you can group with them any time in the future that you want to.

2. Free transfers never happened off of dead realms because all that accomplishes is make the game even worse for anyone still there or that ends up there. Also, CRZ, was not to address dead realms. Read that over and over again until it sinks in. It was to address dead ZONES, which existed on even the highest population servers, it's just something that happens with matured MMORPGs. Go play literally any old MMORPG and you'll understand. And then you'll realize how quickly it gets boring when you're soloing a game and have no high level options to do anything else but grind quests through a single player game.

All your "facts", they're bugs that Blizzard has said over and over and over and over that they're looking into them and want to fix them. Stop obsessing on bugs. We've had bugs in this game since we started playing, but now that theres a universal scapegoat, you guys won't shut up about them. You're going to be able to ignore people from other servers, you're going to not get dismounted on 2 player mounts switching zones, learn to be patient.

The game is here now because of the environment and life that it had back then. That's what Blizzard is trying to keep in the game. MMORPGS are NOT designed around the idea of it being a single player game until max level.

Most complaints that are anything more than "Blizzard didn't fix this bug fast enough" are because Blizzard brought the game back to how it was designed to be played. Welcome to WoW.
may be we need blizzard to play the game as actual gamers, but in secret so they can learn about the environment and community needs better. you want feedback its best to go undercover than just talking in a room. thats how you will get the grand prize.
11/18/2012 10:30 AMPosted by Zorae
Considering people are looting them for different economies, that's a problem.

That's also a problem that can be addressed without taking people out of CRZ. Being able to opt out will only leave room for abuse and even worse bugs... Imagine people from mal'ganis making a group with someone on Onyxia to go farm almost completely uninterrupted.

If economies are really hurting, it'll more than likely be phased spawns by server or something.

Also, Outland and Northrend herbs and ore have been a low supply WAY before CRZ. Fel iron also always had a pretty small spawn, I remember spending a lot of time on that and Cobalt all the times I've leveled mining on something. It's not CRZ, you just forget how much of a nightmare it really was.

Also, outland and northrend stuff is a very low demand, so typically, stuff only ends up on the AH when someone is leveling the profession and they just sell of what they got... If you're expecting to go to the AH and buy 50 stacks of Fel Iron, you're 5 years too late.
Considering people are looting them for different economies, that's a problem.

That's also a problem that can be addressed without taking people out of CRZ. Being able to opt out will only leave room for abuse and even worse bugs... Imagine people from mal'ganis making a group with someone on Onyxia to go farm almost completely uninterrupted.

If economies are really hurting, it'll more than likely be phased spawns by server or something.

Also, Outland and Northrend herbs and ore have been a low supply WAY before CRZ. Fel iron also always had a pretty small spawn, I remember spending a lot of time on that and Cobalt all the times I've leveled mining on something. It's not CRZ, you just forget how much of a nightmare it really was.

Also, outland and northrend stuff is a very low demand, so typically, stuff only ends up on the AH when someone is leveling the profession and they just sell of what they got... If you're expecting to go to the AH and buy 50 stacks of Fel Iron, you're 5 years too late.

I would like to start by saying that I think that the spawn rates of nodes in low level areas are probably how they designed it for the number of people in that when people where originally leveling. Now with CRZ, the number of people in the low level area is closer to the number of people they expected when they originally designed them. A blue post basically said this as well.

While I do think this makes sense from a design view, I think is that it is a bit different now that people are leveling alts or just changing professions. When they created the zones, they expected people to be on the appropriate mount speed, and questing while also picking up materials to level up their professions.

What changes when the area is no longer current, is that you have people using BOA to level alts faster, which means that they are moving on to new areas before their professions are on par with their level. Plus you have people on fast flying mounts that did not exist when the area was new, either leveling a new profession, getting mats for an alt, or taking advantage of the low availability of the materials on the AH.

I think that people new to the realm, or new to WOW (if there is any) will have a tougher time building up their professions. The price of mats on the AH is completely off par with the amount of gold (or silver) a person with their level would expect to have. Plus they can't compete with a 310% flying mount clearing the area of their materials.

I do agree with you that the solution can be found without just removing CRZ.
I play less and less which I track through play time reports I get in my email because I have heroic gear. The only way I can get better gear is to do dailies and grind, which I don't like. I can't just grind dungeons for VP like every other expac.

No, I need to grind VP and then grind rep. Two grinds for a PoS blue or a purple that will be outdated when once drops in a raid. The rewards aren't worth the grind being asked. So what do I do as a player?

SWTOR is F2P. So screw grinding in this game. I'll go level an alt in WoW or not play at all until this is fixed and if it isn't fixed, well I'm sure that sub number they are so proud of because it just jumped back up will start falling again.

While it's good to show you go players back, I doubt investors will like if the number keeps jumping up and down spastically because Blizz won't fix stuff or help make the game enjoyable.

WoW isn't enjoyable anymore.

TL;DR - Having to do two grinds for poop gear isn't fun. Why bother.
I play less and less which I track through play time reports I get in my email because I have heroic gear. The only way I can get better gear is to do dailies and grind, which I don't like. I can't just grind dungeons for VP like every other expac.

No, I need to grind VP and then grind rep. Two grinds for a PoS blue or a purple that will be outdated when once drops in a raid. The rewards aren't worth the grind being asked. So what do I do as a player?

SWTOR is F2P. So screw grinding in this game. I'll go level an alt in WoW or not play at all until this is fixed and if it isn't fixed, well I'm sure that sub number they are so proud of because it just jumped back up will start falling again.

While it's good to show you go players back, I doubt investors will like if the number keeps jumping up and down spastically because Blizz won't fix stuff or help make the game enjoyable.

wow is a time sink. you get out of it what you put into it. you dont want to farm the rep and jp, so why do you need the gear? you said it yourself that they arn't that good and you're going to replace them in raid finder anyway. in other words, don't farm it if you dont think its worth it.

You might want to reconsider spending your time in SWTOR...just google on SWTOR's F2P model. Go try other F2P if you want to better spend your time.

To others, pretty much all negative points about CRZ has been summed up and I am sure Blizzard has it's bug report. Will they turn it off? Unlikely, since turning it off will probably need a client side patch like 5.1, where they would rather implement more fixes and see how it pans out.

CRZ is here to stay, if you can't see it from a personal/realm PoV, you just have to look at the MMO industry. Empty zones is a real current problem, indirectly causing some MMOs to fail. The current competitors of WoW all have their own fix, and WoW will need one too.

The game is here now because of the environment and life that it had back then. That's what Blizzard is trying to keep in the game. MMORPGS are NOT designed around the idea of it being a single player game until max level.

Most complaints that are anything more than "Blizzard didn't fix this bug fast enough" are because Blizzard brought the game back to how it was designed to be played. Welcome to WoW.

I am glad you are enjoying this. Really, I am. But enough with the bogus "you weren't playing WOW until now" stuff.

you can claim that low pop zones wasn't intended. I can tell you that all of the bugs you think are just waiting to be fixed weren't intended either.

And furthermore, the zones were also not designed around max level chars taht could swoop in and one shot aoe every mob in site.

The raids weren't designed to be soloable at max level. Yet here we are.

And if the feature is making it aversive to enough people to level through the low level zones, it's going to make the empty zone problem worse not better. I typically take my time and complete every quest I can in every zone before I move on. I would also group up if someone needed help or advice. I don't think I made a huge difference, but I didn't make the new player experience for others worse, and probalby made it slightly better for some.

I am no longer going into CRZ'ed content. The ones who mainly seem to do it are griefers and jerks. Its barrens chat at its worst. Everyone is different, but I don't see how taking mainly empty zones and turning them into zones filled with max level characters who berate and grief and use racial slurs is going to delay the death of WOW.

When I encounter that crap, i can retreat to my main on pandaria and/or run through lfd. I am not sure what new players do. I suspect they conclude that WOW isn't for them.

Street has said that WOW isn't for people who don't like CRZ, he's probably right. I just don't see it. I also don't see the massive wave of players saying "I quit wow because I was leveling too quickly and not being griefed by max level chars in Felwood."

wow is a time sink. you get out of it what you put into it. you dont want to farm the rep and jp, so why do you need the gear? you said it yourself that they arn't that good and you're going to replace them in raid finder anyway. in other words, don't farm it if you dont think its worth it.

Pretty much all the players farming heroic raids were complaining about how easy it is to get epics through VP or LFR. So blizzard responded by adding another hurdle, rep grind, to getting gear from VP. Now they get complaints that VP gear takes too long to get.

I may not like having to grind out all the dailies myself. I will eventually get all the epics I want, although quite a bit slower then people that area farming current raids or clearing heroic raids.