Sick of Blizz Lies about hearing feedback

General Discussion
Prev 1 7 8 9 65 Next
"Then go play games from a different gaming company. Problem solved. "

Or you could just not talk when you dont care about the content of the threed. I find your comment to be "troll" like. We all have the right to demand better service when we pay a monthly fee for it.
My biggest problem with the game right now is CRZ. I understand that the feature is probably not going to be taken out at this point, but for the love of everything that's cute and cuddly in the world, the FPS issues when crossing into CRZs and passenger mounts not working properly really need to be addressed. And I don't mean addressed as in saying things like, "Yes we're aware of the issue but due to technical/whatever things it might take a while to fix" or in the passenger mount case, "Well there are only a handful of passenger mounts in the game so in the long run it's not a huge concern".

I'm trying to get out and explore the world, and lately I'm doing that through pet battles. But honestly, the FPS issues alone are driving me mad. I spend a lot of my time in Pandaria because I don't notice as many of these technical problems there, and I don't know how much I'll be interested in playing when/if CRZs are introduced to Pandaria.
OP does have a point.

CRZ is a failure, causes way more problems than it ever solved. You people think you got it bad? I have to share my realm with Moonguard people. CRZ should of been used ONLY for grouped realID friends. I would have supported that feature hands down.

The Brawlers guild is just going to be another way for elitist rich people to make even more gold off their community. You really think this invite system is going to be a way for server communities to 'bond?' Get real.
They will go for tons of gold off the black market and the invites will go for even more.
Good job.

Dailies should not be used for content. This whole expansion is based off them. If you want anything cool you have to grind dailies. ON ALL YOUR TOONS.
Terrible design.

And I dont think things will change anytime soon.
I enjoy CRZ's

There is ABSOLUTLY nothing wrong with dailies this isnt something your expected to work a week at and never have to do again we've got a year or two before the next x pac thats a long friggen time to have nothing to do cause you finished all your dailies in a week. Anybody who complaigns about this is a 12 year old boy playing the wrong type of game go back to your COD stop expecting to get crap handed to you.

I havn't done any reading on the brawlers guild so i can't honestly support or refute your claims to this.
The suggestion I've already put forward to Blizzard is create a tabard at any reputation level. If a rep tabard is equipped you will earn rep for that faction in raids/LFD/Etc... but that rep would be capped at whatever a player can earn in ONE day. Also you would only be rewarded the total amount of VP that you would earn if doing dailies. If you used the tabard the dailies for that rep would not earn you any rewards other then gold and if you used the tabard after you did the dailies it would reward you no extra rewards either.

That simple suggestion would still allow game progression to match Blizzards timeline in how fast they want us to get through the game
11/13/2012 09:43 AMPosted by Erras
The fact that Cata was the way it was proves they listened to us. And it ended up being terrible (for a lot of people, at least). I've come to realize that the less they listen to us, the better the game will be.

Nonsensical self-criticism. What about Cataclysm "proves they listened to us" and that it made it worse? The only thing people routinely criticize Cataclysm for was its slow development cycle (Taking too long to get new tiers of raid content out, the expansion in general lasting too long before they could come out with the next one). That doesn't have anything to do with "listening to us" unless you just mean they shouldn't have listened to the people who thought the Vanilla zones should be updated, which isn't really a valid point. Those places were very out of date and 1-60 is something that still exists in the game. When it comes down to it, if the criticism Blizzard is hit with is, "You're too slow in coming out with something new," then that means they should either:

1) reinvest more profit into coming out with new content (i.e. making a quest you already designed into a daily is not creating "new" content, it's just making something you designed into a feature that has to be repeated over and over again) or

2) have a good reason that the content is being delayed (i.e. they've designed a bunch of stuff, but more resources can't make it come out faster, because balancing changes are sensitive and hiring more designers doesn't speed things up).

And, as far as the feedback issue goes from the OP, I think Blizzard would at least appear more honest in taking feedback if they were open about their reasoning for problem areas like CRZs. I've read some pretty compelling posts that CRZ's actually reduces the cost of hardware maintenance for Blizzard. If it's just a cost-cutting measure, I may not be happy, but I recognize that there's a reason at least that has nothing to do with player enjoyment.

The fact that they try to sell CRZ as a "feature," as if it's an improvement for the game - that's kind of disingenuous. And it leads to the feeling of feedback being ignored even more, because players think that all they're discussing at Blizzard is how fun the feature is, and players think that if enough people show their disdain it will get undone - yet despite there having been mountains of negative feedback, it still wasn't abandoned. Was the feedback ignored? No, I don't think it was. But it certainly wasn't followed either. That'd make more sense to players if they realized that it was about costs rather than adding a fun "feature."
OP, Blizz does listen (see hunter nerfs incoming). The problem is most of the "constructive" feedback is not so constructive, I am also guilty of aimless and mindless frothing at the mouth complaining, we all are. They have ALOT of data and forum material to get through and we as the community do not have access to ANY of the raw data feedback, and have limited access to the forum feedback. This is all very time consuming and then expecting them to recode somthing before it has even really been implemented live (live is read as some of the player base actively trying to BREAK the shiney new toy) is unrealistic at best. Blizz has historically been reactionary to fixes and polishing new activites/items/abilities in game. as the old adage goes "It is what it is."
11495 Edited by Bullcrush on 11/13/12 11:11 AM (PST) is better to complain outside the wow forums, blizz will react and fix it faster in fear of getting any bad rep that can potentially scare new players to purchase the game, these days complaining at the wow forums will only get a politically correct answer from a gm and quickly be dismissed as if they have fixed the whole issue (in the best case scenario) #129

I agree we should all post to every public forumn possible. When they get pressure from the executives, the ego driven techs may listen to the millions of players requesting change. Blizzard may own the content but they would do well to listen to requests. This system wide culture of ignoring requests and flat out lies will only hurt the company. Speak out for what you want. They asked for feedback :-).
Yes, you are, because you didn't do the content that gave you that chance. As someone said in another thread, 'every advantage I don't take is a penalty'. Sure, ASSUMING your coins don't give you gear then you would be in the same place than if you hadn't done it. However, you won't KNOW if they didn't work unless you actually do it so by not doing it you have a 100% chance of not gaining that advantage.
And the system is set up for a player that puts in more effort than another to have more character progression. "Every advantage I don't take is a penalty", only applies to top players. The bar for raiding most content players are doing is set low. Get your dungeon gear and do sha every week and you will progress through the instance before the tier is over. If you want do do heroic content you will need to put forth the extra effort of dailies and lfr.

A system that lets players separate themselves from other players though effort is good. It encourages effort.
I honestly think charging in game money to access content is the wrong direction for a p2p game.

Will I quit over it? No.
Will it be one more thing to add to my list of reasons why I should remove WoW from my sub lineup? Yes.
I don't know, I feel pretty forced into doing dailies if I want to progress at this point.

I'm not currently in a raiding guild, I left it do be with my friends who came back with the start of MoP. However, I do wish to be able to join PuG raids a little ways down the line, as I did in Cata. I'm past the point of heroic dungeons being useful to me (with the exception of a particular sword with a .3% drop rate from ONE specific dungeon that I can run ONCE a day). So my option for progression is... dailies. I'm currently VP capped and I cannot spend any of it. I run LFR every week, and I've won a few pieces, but my luck seems to be getting worse each week.

Dailies really do feel like a job, not fun. Thing is, I wouldn't feel this way if they simply were not gated behind one another. I do not give a single flying crap about Golden Lotus or what they do. I WANT to do Shado-Pan. NOPE, gotta do Golden Lotus first. Notice how I've completed Tillers and Cloud Serpent? That's because they were INTERESTING to me. Golden Lotus is not.

tl;dr- My issue is not the dailies, it's the GATING of dailies. I'm not enjoying my time in this game anymore. I want to, but it feels like another job right now.
11/13/2012 10:52 AMPosted by Vicksome
You mean the one that just got a huge nerf? Yeah, they nerfed all the dmf cards.

No! Bad! Stop pointing to data-mined content as fact. The change that got picked up was actually an adjustment to Darkmoon Card trinkets for Challenge Mode stat scaling.
You mean the one that just got a huge nerf? Yeah, they nerfed all the dmf cards.

No! Bad! Stop pointing to data-mined content as fact. The change that got picked up was actually an adjustment to Darkmoon Card trinkets for Challenge Mode stat scaling.

Why do I find it so amusing to see a CM call someone bad? lol
The suggestion I've already put forward to Blizzard is create a tabard at any reputation level. If a rep tabard is equipped you will earn rep for that faction in raids/LFD/Etc... but that rep would be capped at whatever a player can earn in ONE day. Also you would only be rewarded the total amount of VP that you would earn if doing dailies. If you used the tabard the dailies for that rep would not earn you any rewards other then gold and if you used the tabard after you did the dailies it would reward you no extra rewards either.

That simple suggestion would still allow game progression to match Blizzards timeline in how fast they want us to get through the game

I disagree - Rep caps have been hated by the vast majority of the community. Also there exists ways you can gain additional rep for certain factions for example you can get 20 Dread Shards for some extra Klaxxi rep or you can look for chests after you gotten keys for some more Golden Lotus rep or you can farm a mob in Kun'lai for a Peace Pipe for rep with all factions. Your rep cap idea would render these items 100% useless once you hit that cap.

A tabard should NOT be available at friendly with a reputation, Revered is a good point because at that point, you don't need to grind the rest of that rep to exalted unless you want some cool mounts or cosmetic things or an additional 2 bag slots if your a tailor. Making the tabard boa tho allows you to level your alts the way you desire. Especially if you are a DPS alt and you have a longer Queue time than others you can grind out a few daily quests so you need to do just a few less dungeons to exalt yourself.

I understand blizzard wants people in the world, but after a certain point in the expansion, these reps are going to be trivial just like how the reps for cata became trivial once the helm enchants went BOA. The only reputation you still bought a tabard for on all your toons was Therazane.
Blizz LOVES to say they appreciate our feedback and really do listen to what we say.

I have one question: Where's the proof?

[/quote]

What a coincidence, I'm sick of something too - these crybaby, wall-of-tears topics. Would you like some cheese with your whine, Lib? The game isn't the way you want it and Blizz ignores its players.. could your 'feedback' be any more childish?

Here's a list of just a few things that come immediately to mind, that Blizz has listened to players on.

1. Transmog. This is a 100% player-driven change to the game that stemmed from the feedback of players who were tired of looking like EVERY other <insert name of class> on their server. In the process they made pretty much every single classic/old school raid and dungeon relevant again.

2. Incoming Mists rep changes. Many voiced that the rep grinds on multiple toons is merciless: Blizz listened and is offering a huge buff to 'alt' rep grinding in 5.1 AND considering a 'champion' type option that lets you game some rep from dungeons for a given faction.

3. Hunter requests: this could be a post in and of itself, the amount of player-requested updates and changes hunters got. Removal of minimum range, Stampede, letting us spec our pets the way we want (I personally asked for that many times), making BM spec awesome again, removal of bag space-hogging ammunition, way to call a 2nd pet, etc etc etc. The list goes on and on.

4. Changes to Conquest/PvP point caps. Enough said.

5. More stuff to do at the level cap. Not everyone raids and not everyone PvPs. Until now that was all there really was to do at 90: Mists broke that wall down and gave us tons of stuff to do at 89-90. I don't think I've spent 30 minutes in Stormwind since Mists hit.

6. More ways to progress our toons. There are multiple options to gear up - dailies, heroics, reputation, Raid Finder, normal and heroic raids, and even Scenarios.

7. More content. Little more than a month into this expansions and we already have 3 full-blown raids, 2 world bosses, and a ton of other options for gear.

8. More storage. We asked for more storage space, primarily for our old sets and gear, and we got Void Storage. 80 slots of extra space.

9. Multiple price adjustments of in game features. Pet Battle training, Void Storage costs, and many many more had their prices adjusted based on player feedback.

There are countless more things I could add but my server is up, and I'd rather play WoW than waste my time further replying to whinefests such as this one.

Point is, they DO listen. Just because your panties are in a wad over something not being the way YOU want it to be doesn't change that fact. WoW isn't perfect, nor is Blizzard. But this community doesn't give either anywhere near the amount of credit that both deserve.
forum mods, stop locking threads that people are giving their feedback about this extension bs.

that is, if you want to keep people resubscribing to blizzards services.

youre just going to have more new threads for us to tell you how we feel about this nonsense.

we will not stop until we get a serious response, not a locked thread. if you want to keep it all in one thread, then MAKE ONE.
If two-seater mounts aren't going to get fixed, might as well get rid of the refer-a-friend mounts and just make them 1 person mounts.
11/13/2012 11:30 AMPosted by Daxxarri

You know, people would probably have a higher opinion of the blue team at the moment if you guys would stop cherry picking out the "easy" posts to answer.
11/13/2012 10:35 AMPosted by Daxxarri
Not really. They're different things. The enchantments were absolutely, without-question mandatory

I could have killed DW without shoulder and head enhants so your full of it.