Jewelcrafting and greens gems solution

Professions
Hi,

Has a jewelcrafter, I found myself having alot .. I mean alot of green gems. In Cataclysm those gems had a use for dailies, but since MoP, I don't know what to do with those. I can craft green necklaces or rings and maybe DE them because they aren't worth alot or maybe just vendor them...

But my suggestion is that we should be able to do like leatherworking or enchanting and take an amount of cheaper materials to transform them into most valuable materials.

Ex.: You take 10 green gems and transform them into one blue gem of the same color. You could also apply the same rule when you will implement epic gems and require 10 blue gems to get an epic gem. This way I wouldn't sell the raw ore because it worth more than have the chance to get blues by prospecting all that ore and cut it into some valuable gems.

What you guys think ?
Ex.: You take 10 green gems and transform them into one blue gem of the same color.

Or you could just cut them, and sell the perfect versions for the same price as what a blue gem would sell for.
I approve this considering Uncommon (green) gems are almost useless since there is no demand for them and that would help to skill up, discover or craft...
Did you read my above post? Uncommon gems are not worthless at all. They already have a 1/10 chance as being the same as a rare gem thanks to Gem Perfection.

This was a deliberate change to make uncommon gems worth something to Jewelcrafters who did not access to the JC/enchanting shuffle.
I make more profit from the uncommon gems on the AH than I do the rares. How? I buy all the uncommon gems that people continue to put up for 1-2g each. I craft them into the 2 basic ring and amulets, and I VENDOR them. They vendor for 9 gold each. The rare procs disenchant into 1-2 lesser shards. I then take those shards, and create my sha crystal and also sell the rest.

Uncommon gems this expansion have ensured something that no other expansion has. The prices of ore will remain high. If it drops below roughly 35g a stack, it is actually a net profit to buy all that ore, prospect it, and use the method I described above. Even without selling anything on the AH or to another player, it is profit. You can literally vendor your way to riches.
I don't know if this is unique to my server, but Perfect cuts don't tend to sell. Not that the rare cuts sell that well either.

I just turn everything into jewelry or metas. I find cut gems aren't worth my time right now.
I'm still miffed that we only get 450 i lvl rings and necks and Engineers get to make a helm that's epic along with cogs that give 600 to whatever stat. When do we get some epic designs Blizz?
11/13/2012 05:22 PMPosted by Moraveck
I'm still miffed that we only get 450 i lvl rings and necks and Engineers get to make a helm that's epic along with cogs that give 600 to whatever stat. When do we get some epic designs Blizz?

i honestly cant believe your even complaining about that. other professions get epic patterns throughout the expansion, and those epics progress in ilvl. on the otherhand, we get an epic at the start of the expansion, and then it wont progress at all.
I don't know if this is unique to my server, but Perfect cuts don't tend to sell. Not that the rare cuts sell that well either.

I just turn everything into jewelry or metas. I find cut gems aren't worth my time right now.

The perfect gems I dont think sell on my server either. I think most players dont know the perfect gems are equivalent to the rare blue.
Does anyone know why the perfect green cuts don't just become the equivalent rare cut?

It seems like a very poor design to have two identical trade items.
Does anyone know why the perfect green cuts don't just become the equivalent rare cut?

It seems like a very poor design to have two identical trade items.

I agree. And JC already has a ton of names.

I realize the original post is a bit old, but I thought OP meant what to do with the cut green gems. Of course cutting the uncuts is useful for the perfect cuts , but you end up with likes of cuts no one will even take for free.