Does anyone give a starter a chance at RBG?

Battlegrounds
Seems like everyone tells me I'm undergeared or I don't have enough CR or EXP.

Yeah, I'm starting, so how am I suppose to even play if everyone expects that I should be a gladiator last season?

Does anyone give a starter a chance?
Get full Dreadful set, get them all gemmed/enchanted/reforged, get your glyphs fixed, then look for "Low/no MMR RBGs". Profit.

Resto Shamans tend to be well sought after so you should have no problems finding groups.
Get full Dreadful set, get them all gemmed/enchanted/reforged, get your glyphs fixed, then look for "Low/no MMR RBGs". Profit.

Resto Shamans tend to be well sought after so you should have no problems finding groups.

Other than my pants, I'm pretty much all set for that.

Still no dice, even on Battlemasters LFG all day.
Check some recruiting posts, there are usually 1500-1700 guilds looking for members, see what suits you and off you go.

I said "full dreadful, fully gemmed/enchanted/reforged"

Not "almost full dreadful, almost fully enchanted"

People look at your gear and see lack of effort. Also, your extremely low HKs is also a red flag.

Get your final pieces replaced. It may be easier to do some 2s for points to start off as well, since it appears you lack PvP experience.
10/28/2012 06:41 PMPosted by Littlescary

I see 3 pieces of gear you could get rid of. You're at 5800 resilience. 7300 would be better.

Other than gear though, it's not hard to get into pug bgs with a bunch of other people who have 0 rating. That's what I did, and managed to push my way up over the course of a weekend. It's not easy, but you'll get there if you keep trying.

But yeah, you just need a bit more polish. For example, get a real meta gem.

I said "full dreadful, fully gemmed/enchanted/reforged"

Not "almost full dreadful, almost fully enchanted"

People look at your gear and see lack of effort. Also, your extremely low HKs is also a red flag.

Get your final pieces replaced. It may be easier to do some 2s for points to start off as well, since it appears you lack PvP experience.

Wow, people expect absolute perfect before they get into low MMR rated BGs?
Should I be in full elite malevolent too? Should I retrain from zero into a blacksmith?

I'm geared enough. I play well. I'm also a new character, so not sure how you can see my HKs (is 19603 HKs low?).

I got my final dreadful piece. Not going to get rid of my contender bonus.
That's the sort of attitude is why I posted that people are too picky for these low MMR groups.
10/28/2012 07:00 PMPosted by Gruklaar

I see 3 pieces of gear you could get rid of. You're at 5800 resilience. 7300 would be better.

Other than gear though, it's not hard to get into pug bgs with a bunch of other people who have 0 rating. That's what I did, and managed to push my way up over the course of a weekend. It's not easy, but you'll get there if you keep trying.

But yeah, you just need a bit more polish. For example, get a real meta gem.

Not sure how you can govern polish without seeing me in action. And one rated BG win is going to push me to being able to get a Malevolent, so, no, I'm not going to waste 2000 gold just for one rated BG.
10/28/2012 07:44 PMPosted by Littlescary
Wow, people expect absolute perfect before they get into low MMR rated BGs?

Yes.

Nobody in a pug RBG wants to carry anyone else. Have all your random BG gear, have it gemmed, enchanted, and reforged correctly.

You want a shot. You have to earn it.

If you want to half-!@# it, make your own groups.
10/28/2012 07:44 PMPosted by Littlescary
I'm geared enough.

According to you. Likely not, in the eyes of people who inspect you and move on. They'll find someone who makes the effort.

I'm also a new character, so not sure how you can see my HKs (is 19603 HKs low?).

Armory. You've got 1674 HKs on that toon, and 19,070 account wide, which really is a big red flag that you probably don't play well because your armory says next to no pvp experience.

Just because people are doing a low MMR group doesn't mean they want to set themselves up for losing by bring people who appear to really not give a damn.
Hmm, I've seen a lot more RBGs running recently, unfortunately people seem to do them just for the cap, so they pull a group together, get set up, win one match and then bail :(
OP I feel your pain... on Darkspear they typically want a 2200 achieve for even a low MMR RBG. I'm not going to sit in trade for an hour or two hoping to get picked up by an RBG team that might not even win.
10/28/2012 07:50 PMPosted by Cayse
I'm geared enough.

According to you. Likely not, in the eyes of people who inspect you and move on. They'll find someone who makes the effort.

I'm also a new character, so not sure how you can see my HKs (is 19603 HKs low?).

Armory. You've got 1674 HKs on that toon, and 19,070 account wide, which really is a big red flag that you probably don't play well because your armory says next to no pvp experience.

Just because people are doing a low MMR group doesn't mean they want to set themselves up for losing by bring people who appear to really not give a damn.

Well taking a look at your gear, it's not so much better than mine.

And to discount all the PVPing I do on other characters presumptuous.

10/28/2012 07:52 PMPosted by Faenya
OP I feel your pain... on Darkspear they typically want a 2200 achieve for even a low MMR RBG. I'm not going to sit in trade for an hour or two hoping to get picked up by an RBG team that might not even win.

The server I'm on doesn't even want to PVP. I'm really stuck trying to get one cross realm.
That's the sort of attitude is why I posted that people are too picky for these low MMR groups.

I give new people chances at rbg's all the time. But you won't give up your Contender gear, an inferior generation of gear? There is no way I would take someone with that attitude. The Dreadful/Malevolent belt plus buckle and resil gems exceeds the bonus you are stuck on...not to mention the primary stat bonuses.

The first indicator of a good player is that he/she gears properly, and that includes appropriate gems, enchants, etc. So you haven't met those requirements. Then you refuse to take advice from people who know what they are talking about, which also probably means you won't take direction well in a situation where teamwork and coordination is paramount.

You don't even have one piece of Malevolent gear, which is difficult to understand but you seem to be marching to the beat of your own drummer.

I give new people chances at rbg's all the time. But you won't give up your Contender gear, an inferior generation of gear? There is no way I would take someone with that attitude. The Dreadful/Malevolent belt plus buckle and resil gems exceeds the bonus you are stuck on...not to mention the primary stat bonuses.

The first indicator of a good player is that he/she gears properly, and that includes appropriate gems, enchants, etc. So you haven't met those requirements. Then you refuse to take advice from people who know what they are talking about, which also probably means you won't take direction well in a situation where teamwork and coordination is paramount.

You don't even have one piece of Malevolent gear, which is difficult to understand but you seem to be marching to the beat of your own drummer.

Attitude? Maybe do some math.

2 piece Contender gives me 268 more resilience than the PVP power + resilience from dreadful combined. I see it as a benefit. And seeing how people here expect beginners to have 7300 resil that is unreachable with full dreadful, not sure what you're on to.

And I don't have one piece of Malevolent because I'm not being carried in Rated BGs to increase my cap. Why so contradictory?

I defend flags in AB, I give the flags to carriers in WSG, I call out attackers in EOTS while defending. I can hardly see the correlation between your assumption that gear check represents teamwork.
Littlescary you made a post asking why you couldn't get into a RBG, some people answered and told you why and then you argued with them. I don't really follow your logic. Arguing doesn't get you into the RBG, following these people's advice does.
The dreadful is better than the contender 4 piece bonus, so have to disagree with you on that one OP.
10/28/2012 07:59 PMPosted by Goldenclaw

Good point, I got my first couple of Malevolent pieces from conquest points winning random BGs, hadn't set foot in a RBG.
10/28/2012 08:10 PMPosted by Brett
Littlescary you made a post asking why you couldn't get into a RBG, some people answered and told you why and then you argued with them. I don't really follow your logic. Arguing doesn't get you into the RBG, following these people's advice does.

It's not advice. It's just elitist talk badgering new players.

All the "advice" is doing is proving my point that it's difficult for new players to be a part of rated BGs because of the high bar of entry. Period.