CRZ Feedback #11

General Discussion
Prev 1 6 7 8 10 Next
You make a very, very valid point Chalanight. The Griefer would steal Quest Mobs. But what if Mobs dropped stuff for the player like LFR? You win or you dont. /end.

I was referring about the concept of him stealing quest items that drop if its available for everyone. Unless it only spawns for that one person on the quest, but can be looted from a slain corpse?
People are funny.

People who didn't play in 2005 and have an opinion about CRZ are even funnier.

If you can't appreciate what CRZ brings to this game you need to stop playing an MMO and go fire up the Wii and play Zelda or something.

Chor was looking for this:
http://imageshack.us/a/img836/2669/subscriptionstart.jpg

And I've been here longer than him:
http://imageshack.us/a/img837/5515/acct2.jpg
http://imageshack.us/a/img109/2581/acct1.jpg

Try again, kid. I'm sorry you think that some of us haven't been around since 05. In fact, I've been here before that date, since I beta tested the original game. I also moderated for Warcry network's WoW forums for almost a year around launch.

It's okay. You'll get it some day.
People are funny.

If you can't appreciate what CRZ brings to this game you need to stop playing an MMO and go fire up the Wii and play Zelda or something.

Been playing since 05, I think CRZ has great potential. HOWEVER the lack of communication, the lack of bug fixes, and the lack of CoC enforcement is driving me insane atm.

CRZ is NOTHING like Vanilla was. I could spend hours wandering around and see just as many people in zones then as I could before CRZ. They're using it to populate zones with low pops like desolace and silithus. These have always been empty zones. They were either too far out of the way or weren't nearly as fun as some of the other zones.

If you want funny its the folks who come in here with rose tinted glasses that are so thick and so tinted all they see is that lovely shade. Your so caught up in nostalgia you fail to remember how Vanilla truly was.

Saying that if we don't enjoy CRZ we should quit wow and go play some single player game is highly insulting. On top of that EVERYBODY who enjoyed wow-pre CRZ should quit by your logic...ya know seeing as that was World of Singleplayer evidently.

You evidently have nothing better to do than come into a thread you disagree with and post drivel. I kindly ask that you exit this thread if you thing its pointless. You were not forced to enter here, you were not forced to post. All you have manged to state is that essentialy CRZ is the best thing since sliced bread with no reasons given and then proceded to state that we should all just quit.

10/29/2012 08:35 PMPosted by Reshaari

Tyty, wasn't sure where that link ended up at. ><

10/29/2012 08:30 PMPosted by Goldenlotus
Has anyone taken a roll call to see if it's the same 500 out of 10 million players posting in here?

Nope, nor has anybody bothered to take a look to see if its the same 20 people bashing those with issues and shouting lul go play skyrim.

You obviously don't like this thread, you were not forced in here nor were you forced to post. Please exit the thread if you have nothing constructive to post.
1.) Servers need to be Grouped by type ONLY: PVE with PVE, PVP with PVP, RP with RP, etc. Going a step further, Players are not and should not be identified by server. It needs to be invisible. Not "Macbethcoil-Silver Hand", Just "Macbethcoil" Thats the big one. This kills the "Invader! Gtfo my server!" mentality.

If we are to believe Blizzard, servers are already grouped by type only. Also, it is not possible to simply refer to the person by their name and not have the server reference. Many player names are repeated on many servers. Could you imagine having General Chat simply saying Jon. You might end up seeing Jon talk like 30 times and not be sure how many conversations are going on.

2.) Sharing all Mobs: Assign the same rule as LFR Looting to the Mob if you have to, or just assign individual loot or whatever must be done. Regardless of anything else, this "Tag or Die" Mentality has to go if CRZ is going to stay. No player in their right mind likes to be Told by Dabu the Orc: "Go kill fifteen wolves", only to leave the Town and find that Private Ownsusohard, the local level 90 prick has killed every single one of them in the lower Barrens Ecosystem for the hell of it.

Honestly, the local level 90 prick is generally there to kill you, not all the wolves. Most level 90s don't even like traversing the greater part of The Barrens regions. If they are going to do so, it is going to be for PvP, not killing wolves, generally, lol.

(Most Important) Lag between Zones / Day to Night Skipping: This has to go. Players are used to and want the seamless world that they have enjoyed for 8 years. Taking it away? They feel screwed. No customer likes to feel like he's just been screwed. It is bad for business and in the Game Industry, word of mouth is far more damning than any glossy review.

This isn't really a useful suggestion. Nobody, including Blizzard wants to see lag in the game, lol. Saying lag between zones has to go.

Now, lag is an ISSUE that has resulted with the creating on CRZs, I agree. But that isn't really a suggestion you listed, so to speak, lol.

5.) A Opt-Out: This I think becomes the least important, as I foresee it would not be used as much if the above four were in effect, and it'd be a huge boon for RP Servers especially who rely on their world-servers to do RP events.

Blizzard has never used an Opt out feature. There is no reason to believe the will start now :p.
I don't understand the Vanilla concept. Like, there weren't any lower population servers. I leveled in Vanilla. I love to quest. CRZ is here (I can tell via my Realm clock, often) where I'm leveling my alt and still some zones are vacant and still some zones are packed - but I've yet to see the zones the way they were in Vanilla.

1) Interaction - it was such a treat to actually see someone, you always /salute or /wave'ed. If you missed the initial wave of players leveling - they were gone. Then all you ran into were slow questers or (more likely) alt-aholics.

2) Party requests. Always up on the screen - because otherwise it was likely you would die. Over, and over again; unless you were willing to go very cautiously and had a class that could do it. (sorry, priest )

And even the above two personal memories, does not necessarily apply to all players on all servers! I swear, it must be a very small portion of the community that actually "moves". It seems obvious to me, due to the many variable factors involved, that there is no "one experience" of WoW.
I am starting to believe that the lack of response we are getting from anyone at Blizzard has taken long enough. At this point I want to know if there is another way besides constantly continuing forum posts here. Maybe we can contact places that support games & gamers. Perhaps getting another media outlet to see how many people actually dislike CRZ out to the public will get a reaction. I know new games & expansions all get rated. Perhaps it is high time that we give our own review to one of the magazines or all. Anyone know a way to do it?
10/29/2012 08:42 PMPosted by Psychomagus
Honestly, the local level 90 prick is generally there to kill you, not all the wolves. Most level 90s don't even like traversing the greater part of The Barrens regions. If they are going to do so, it is going to be for PvP, not killing wolves, generally, lol.

Unless we're talking about, lol, a PvE server so the local level 90 prick, lol, can only AoE your quest mobs so you cannot progress, lol.

And people WILL, lol, go to these lengths, lol, to ruin someone else's, lol, questing experience.

Thanks to CRZs, lol, people can't even report them, lol, for doing so, lol.

lol.
People are funny.

Chor was looking for this:

And I've been here longer than him:
http://imageshack.us/a/img837/5515/acct2.jpg
http://imageshack.us/a/img109/2581/acct1.jpg

Try again, kid. I'm sorry you think that some of us haven't been around since 05. In fact, I've been here before that date, since I beta tested the original game. I also moderated for Warcry network's WoW forums for almost a year around launch.

It's okay. You'll get it some day.

Does it really matter when we started playing? I started playing in January of '07, about two weeks before BC dropped.

I've stated multiple times why CRZ is badly implemented - it has potential, but should never have gone live in its current state. Period.

Blizzard, which I have supported since a time I found a shareware program called "Warcraft: Orcs vs Humans" loved it, and purchased it, had once been the shining star and the epitome of customer service. To think they have become little more than what Mythic became is rather difficult to believe, but this is exactly what they have done.

I've been a supporter of Blizzard (Blizzard North) since the 90s. Why, then, does that make my opinion (and the fact that I'm pointing out valid bugs and glitches, and also what many here have agreed are bad business practices) less than anyone else's because I started playing WoW late?

I guess since I wasn't financially and technically ABLE to start when I wanted to, I don't matter after my account being active without a break (other than one week, during my move from Maryland to Georgia in '09)? Seriously?

Once again:

DAVID'S Original Post, posted 9/7/12:
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/6521292325#1

MY Post, from CRZ Feedback #10, posted 10/27/12:
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/7004401004?page=11#209

I posted MANY of the EXACT SAME ISSUES as in David's post.
These issues have been issues SINCE MAY.
MAY.
May, June, July, August, September, October... And we're about to hit November.

These issues should NEVER have gone LIVE. They should have remained on the Beta (where they were reported) and the PTR (where they were AGAIN/STILL reported) until they were resolved. They should not have gone LIVE (where they CONTINUE to be reported) for the past two months unresolved.

Try reading up a bit. You may actually learn something of what we're saying, and have been saying for the past month, and for some of us, for over 6 months (those of us on the Beta/PTR).

Edit: Quotes still broken I see. That was directed at whoever you quoted, Reshaari, not you.
People are funny.

I haven't figured out yet what CRZ is supposed to bring. There's a pretty long list of how it detracts from the game, though.
If we are to believe Blizzard, servers are already grouped by type only. Also, it is not possible to simply refer to the person by their name and not have the server reference. Many player names are repeated on many servers. Could you imagine having General Chat simply saying Jon. You might end up seeing Jon talk like 30 times and not be sure how many conversations are going on.

Case in point here - My main, Briyanna, Feathermoon, RP, US has the same name as my Draenei on Wryrmrest Accord. Both are me, granted, and cannot be on at the same time, but if I had rolled Horde on both servers (instead of Horde on one, Alliance on the other), how would someone differentiate "Briyanna, Level 90 Blood Elf Priest" from "Briyanna, Level 65 Tauren Priest" if I logged out, swapped servers, and logged back in in the same zone (Let's use Shattrath, for sake of argument, since it is CRZed), unless they did a /who Briyanna? And really, if I was just talking a moment ago, logged out and then back in, who but my guilds and RealID friends would know? You would see:

[channel][Briyanna]: blah blah blah
[channel][Some other person]: blah blah blah
[channel][Briyanna]: blah blah blah

No one would know I swapped, since Wyrmrest Accord and Feathermoon are part of the same conglomeration of servers, which is, at my last count:

Feathermoon-ThoriumBrotherhood-SilverHand-MoonGuard-ShadowCouncil-EarthenRing-ScarletCrusade-TwistingNether-WyrmrestAccord-BlackwaterRaiders

In short, let's say someone else has my name on another of those servers, and Briyanna from.. oh, let's say Earthen Ring for the sake of example, after saying something horribly rude, racist or whatever, then logged out or left Shattrath, and I logged in. I say "hi" and I'm beat down for something I didn't say two minutes ago as I was putting in my login information, and left horribly confused.

At least it would show "Briyanna-EarthenRing" as saying said rude stuff, while it would show "Briyanna-Feathermoon" as saying "hi", differentiating the two players.

I honestly do not like being removed from the server I choose to play on, especially since Silver Hand is IN that conglomeration of servers, and I LEFT that server to get away from an ex-friend, and as such, hostility and harassment. Whether I'm on Wyrmrest Accord or Feathermoon, I am forced to deal with people I left the server to no longer have to deal with if I am dropped in a CRZ with them.

If I had paid to transfer, I would be demanding a refund, as Blizzard, for all legal intents and purposes, reneged on the paid service of the server transfer.
I've got to say I'm not enjoying the CRZ in its current implementation. It simply doesn't add anything to the game for me. My realm is generally high pop, and I did not feel we needed more people to "MMO" it up. I would strongly prefer it being yanked from the game, although I know Blizz probably spent quite a lot of money getting it into MoP. And I can very much understand the appeal of a low pop server and how CRZ could impact their gameplay negatively.
10/29/2012 09:24 PMPosted by Destian

Unless we're talking about, lol, a PvE server so the local level 90 prick, lol, can only AoE your quest mobs so you cannot progress, lol.

And people WILL, lol, go to these lengths, lol, to ruin someone else's, lol, questing experience.

Thanks to CRZs, lol, people can't even report them, lol, for doing so, lol.

lol.

True, that could happen. However, most PvE servers don't have level 90s cruising the lower level zones unless they are trying to do Lorewalker stuff. In that case, they may be killing mobs for that reason. Any time I come upon someone questing while I am working on My Lorewalker of Kalimdor achievement, I will whisper them and explain to them exactly why I am where I am, so they are no longer curious. Several of them have whispered me back saying, yes, they were curious as to why I was there :p.

It is more likely to find the level 90 pricks on the PvP server, and there they will generally be looking to get easy kills in the low level zones where they know a lot of ppl quest.
10/29/2012 10:36 PMPosted by Palemoon
Has anyone taken a roll call to see if it's the same 500 out of 10 million players posting in here?

Wow, learn to report numbers properly. Of that 10M, about half of that is China/Asia. Please, take your head out of your rumpus and actually KNOW what you're talking about. 0/10

Pale, probably no point to respond to stupid troll posts. That way, we save thread space for real posts :p.
I partied with a member and went to Northern Stranglethorn, I could not see him, nor he couldn't not see me. We both went to the Cape of Stranglethorn and flying around Gurabashi Arena, I Know we were both there because of the dots on our maps, but I could not see him when we got to the main city, all was fine.

I have heard that cross realms are shifting people on different servers. I didn't think it was true until tonight.

How can you call "one of the points of cross realms is to party with friends on different server," when you can't even party with your own on your own server.

I guess instead of being in a party of friends on your own server, you are now making friends or "now going to have to make friends" on whatever server you are crossing over to.

Has anyone else experienced this issue?

Edit: This person I partied with is a guild member.
10/29/2012 10:30 PMPosted by Palemoon
I remember stepping into new Orgrimmar for the first time and saying ... I miss old Orgrimmar.

New Orgrimmar I still get lost in. Place sucks.

10/29/2012 11:01 PMPosted by Davetheslave
CRZ can stay. They need to do away with the cross server farming on pandaria. People shouldnt be able to come to a server and take its resources to put on their AH. Its bad enough we have to contend with people from our home server farming, and bots. We dont need off server people doing it too. Ive reported several bots from other servers farming on mine, and weeks later they are still at it...

Cross realm RealID/battletag grouping is the best part of it. Ran an instance and just shot the breeze with Numenorian and a couple guildies of his tonight. Hearthing to Shrine of Seven Stars got me some funny looks too because apparently I was on Aerie Peak o.o

But yeah, if there's someone in the group coming over to farm and the person whos server is in question is just afk letting them farm... that might need dealt with.

How about "cant pick up onyx eggs or loot rares not on your server"?

I don't think they'll be able to phase out herbs sadly.