Account-wide Cloud Serpent Riding?

General Discussion
Prev 1 11 12 13 14 Next
Because your character is trained in the Order of the Cloud Serpents. Not your account, the character.

Each character has to earn it.

And you don't see this as a direct contradiction to... every other mount in the game gated by a reputation requirement?

Tell me more about how this is new and different.

I'd just about rather they go back to character bound mounts than to bill account-wide mounts then start yanking it back away and putting restrictions on it.

Either give us a cool feature fully or don't give it at all...crap like this that doesn't make sense and is so frustrating.

Besides, removing character-bound mounts just gave me less to do.

Did you complain about profession mounts and faction specific (horde/alliance) mounts too?

Nope. Those all make sense. If it were a case of Engi mounts could be used by anyone but tailoring mounts couldn't THEN I'd take issue with it because it wouldn't make sense.

Netherwing mounts can be used on anyone, netherwing drakes that were not obtained through netherwing rep (e.g. pvp mounts) never required netherwing rep to be used...ever. Ditto on Shatari Skyguard.

On alts Goats don't require Tillers, Cranes don't require GL, Water bug doesn't require Anglers.

This restriction makes absolutely no sense, there is no possible logical defense of this restriction...none, whatsoever.

Explain how it makes ANY SENSE whatsoever to need to grind a totally unrelated faction to ride a mount obtained from a raid achievement. I dare you.
Nope. Those all make sense. If it were a case of Engi mounts could be used by anyone but tailoring mounts couldn't THEN I'd take issue with it because it wouldn't make sense.

Netherwing mounts can be used on anyone, netherwing drakes that were not obtained through netherwing rep (e.g. pvp mounts) never required netherwing rep to be used...ever. Ditto on Shatari Skyguard.

On alts Goats don't require Tillers, Cranes don't require GL, Water bug doesn't require Anglers.

This restriction makes absolutely no sense, there is no possible logical defense of this restriction...none, whatsoever.

Explain how it makes ANY SENSE whatsoever to need to grind a totally unrelated faction to ride a mount obtained from a raid achievement. I dare you.

Sadly Blizzard doesn't need logic to make stupid decisions. I think all mounts, including pvp and profession mounts, should be usable by all of your characters. It's just another reason to keep people playing and logged in.

The only semi bright side to Cloud Serpent rep is that it doesn't take terribly long like Golden Lotus.
10/30/2012 03:41 PMPosted by Neiara
Be happy they're at least letting us get double the rep once one character reaches revered.

Needs to be in yesterday.
11/02/2012 02:39 PMPosted by Reshaari
Needs to be in yesterday.

Would have been better at launch. I'd have alts to do stuff on then

Did you complain about profession mounts and faction specific (horde/alliance) mounts too?

That's what I thought...
i think that if they do not allow the account wide serpent flying, they should at least give us double the rep gained per daily/egg turned in. could save us players like a week and a half of grinding the same quests we did on our mains.
I do find it funny that I think so many of the mounts will be based on this rep during this expansion.

I assume I will get at least a few of them from raiding and since I refuse to do a Rep grind to fly a mount I will never be able to fly them.

I honestly have no issue with a specific mount being tied to a Rep grind. However a whole class of mounts is really a dumb thing.
11/03/2012 11:39 AMPosted by Tigerbalm
i think that if they do not allow the account wide serpent flying, they should at least give us double the rep gained per daily/egg turned in. could save us players like a week and a half of grinding the same quests we did on our mains.
To be fair, once you have it on one character, in the next patch it'll double rep on your alts.

It still doesn't make sense though.
10/30/2012 03:30 PMPosted by Rygarius
Some account-wide mounts have restrictions based on profession, faction, or class. In this instance, cloud serpents have a factional requirement.

The Tol Barad mounts are shared(not cross faction), why should this mount be any different? If you expect every level 90 to grind out the rep, maybe the time to grind the rep needs to be looked at. Yes!, I'm aware that you can farm eggs, but too many people farm the eggs. Perhaps Blizzard should have made those eggs spawn through out Pandaria, instead of a small area.
Blizzard didn't have to have put in account wide mounts to begin with, nothing but a bunch of ungrateful players.

The dev's are looking at all the crying and thinking to themselves "You know what...heck with it...we certainly won't do anything like this again".

Instead of being thankful for this change, you all are crying like petulant spoiled children.

you are missing the point of what ppl are frustrated about. whats the point of giving us account wide mounts if you cant even ride them on your alts? so for them to ride it we gotta go through another 3 week grindfest just so we can get the same mount over in the process to gain the ability to fly them. I myself did this twice with the cloud serpent faction and not planning on doing it a third time, they should have just made cloud riding account wide to begin with.
*looks at topic* "oh golly gee a blue is actually going to post in a non-pointless thread?!"

*blue COMPLETELY misses the point of post with a non-helpful "derrr" answer*

*flips table*
yea now that i am at max i am seeing more and more that blizz sucks....
Some account-wide mounts have restrictions based on profession, faction, or class. In this instance, cloud serpents have a factional requirement.

I don't think anyone was confused as to why it didn't mechanically work in game. They just think it's a bad design.
A lot that blizzard has done lately makes me shake my head.
01/25/2013 09:57 AMPosted by Whitechapell
SO whats the point of making the mount account bound if you have to get exalted with your alts anyways?...Kind of a dumb move on blizzards part if you ask me.

/necro

But why doesn't every single mount that requires an achievement or a faction, like say netherwing not require the exalted rep on other characters?
There here thread have been brought back to live from vile necromancy, I say! D:
Necro-bumping cause "I mad." Seriously.

I leveled this character up to 90, but quickly burned out because I've been playing it for 7 years. Also, my friends and guild wanted me to level something else that would fit better with their RBG team next patch.

So I was all ignorant and happy, thinking I'd just get my pretty blue cloud serpent on this character real quick so I have it on my alts..... then I found this. NERDRAGE~!

Seriously... so much for Blizzard's stance of "its about the player, not the character" (you guys even said those very words BTW, I think it was Ghostcrawler) this expansion with all the other shared achievements. All a bunch of horsesh*t. I busted my butt to get my netherdrakes back in BC, and I'm still happy today to have them on all my characters, BECAUSE I AS A PERSON EARNED THEM, not my freaking character at the time.

End rant.