Account-wide Cloud Serpent Riding?

General Discussion
Prev 1 3 4 5 14 Next
I just went from neutral to exalted after grinding eggs for about 8 hours all together. I did dailies 3 times.

If you want it, go and get it.

What eggs? I haven't seen a single egg, ever. And yes, I did decide to camp out one day, with all the others who were also camping. We had a picnic on one of the spawn spots and told horror stories of the Netherwing Grind.
They let me have my X-52 back! They cam keep every other flying mount.

"Disclaimer, this statement is not meant to include Mimeron's head"
I just went from neutral to exalted after grinding eggs for about 8 hours all together. I did dailies 3 times.

What eggs? I haven't seen a single egg, ever. And yes, I did decide to camp out one day, with all the others who were also camping. We had a picnic on one of the spawn spots and told horror stories of the Netherwing Grind.

Camping is the WORST way to get eggs. Get GatherMate2 and GatherMate2_Data and import Treasures onto your map. You'll see the spawn points of every egg everyone else that uses the add-on have found. Just fly circuits around Windward Isle, hitting all the spawn points on your map. I found six in two hours that way after I'd done the dailies one day and only had 3k rep to exalted.

Camping is the WORST way to get eggs. Get GatherMate2 and GatherMate2_Data and import Treasures onto your map. You'll see the spawn points of every egg everyone else that uses the add-on have found. Just fly circuits around Windward Isle, hitting all the spawn points on your map. I found six in two hours that way after I'd done the dailies one day and only had 3k rep to exalted.

Done that as well. Still nothing. KT is high pop, so there are people cruising around at all hours. And we all have Gathermate.

Done that as well. Still nothing. KT is high pop, so there are people cruising around at all hours. And we all have Gathermate.

Ah, well then... Good luck, I suppose!

Ah, well then... Good luck, I suppose!

Meh, I'm in no actual hurry. I haven't done those dailies for five days because they're out of my way. I do like flying down there and giving away fish cakes and bandages when people are trying to sell them though. That's always good for a laugh :)

You're also on Cenarion Circle, which currently has Medium pop.

Try that on a high/full server.
Blizzard didn't have to have put in account wide mounts to begin with, nothing but a bunch of ungrateful players.

The dev's are looking at all the crying and thinking to themselves "You know what...heck with it...we certainly won't do anything like this again".

Instead of being thankful for this change, you all are crying like petulant spoiled children.
Blizzard didn't have to have put in account wide mounts to begin with, nothing but a bunch of ungrateful players.

The dev's are looking at all the crying and thinking to themselves "You know what...heck with it...we certainly won't do anything like this again".

Instead of being thankful for this change, you all are crying like petulant spoiled children.
Nobody is saying that account wide mounts aren't great because we are.

What people are really complaining about is that mounts that are in fact account wide in the mount journal are locked by a skill that we already worked for to get the mount in the first place. The point is that they did add the feature, and the point is, us not being able to use them on other characters without the faction grind makes no sense, and we have yet to receive a legitimate answer.
I don't have a problem with it. There's no restrictions at all on most of the other mounts and frankly it's a little weird. People can ride anything and there's mo story behind it, no personal connection.

No one is asking for handouts. It's kind of like honorable kills going cumulative-- a kill, is a kill. To be able to use these mounts to begin with obviously means work was involved.

You're right about how they didn't have to add accountwide mounts at all. But, they did, and they did so to reflect their new design goals, that they don't want players to feel locked to a character. Yet, this particular restriction completely contradicts that stance, and it does so simply for the sake of a time sink. A time sink that was already sunk.
10/30/2012 03:30 PMPosted by Rygarius
Some account-wide mounts have restrictions based on profession, faction, or class. In this instance, cloud serpents have a factional requirement.

Completely missed the point.

You're also on Cenarion Circle, which currently has Medium pop.

Try that on a high/full server.

Don't even have to be on a high/full server. Ysera's also medium pop and I didn't see a single egg the the whole time I was doing those quests.
its lame they arent able to be used on alts, but i dont liek them so it doesnt really matter to me.

What people are really complaining about is that mounts that are in fact account wide in the mount journal are locked by a skill that we already worked for to get the mount in the first place. The point is that they did add the feature, and the point is, us not being able to use them on other characters without the faction grind makes no sense, and we have yet to receive a legitimate answer.

I disagree and I'm obviously not alone.

You unlocked the skill on a single character. Riding skill and mounts are two completely different things.

Serpent riding is a separate skill that you have to earn.

Some account-wide mounts have restrictions based on profession, faction, or class. In this instance, cloud serpents have a factional requirement.

That, right there, is your legitimate answer. If you don't like it that's fine, but don't pretend it's a not a real answer. That's just silly.
Blizz,

All of the posters who said that this was put in place to artificially inflate the life of the content hit the nail on the head. This is just a stupid idea that can be fixed. I am the player who did the dailies and finished getting exalted with the faction.

<------------- This guy is my avatar that I use in game. He does not exist. I on the other hand, do exist. I'm the player who logged in an did the dailies. I'm the player who earned the achievement. Not my avatar. My avatar is a tool. Was not the point of account wide stuff to show that I, the player did stuff, not my avatars? This whole concept of locking something behind an individual avatar, and not allowing it to be across my account is just bad policy.

I the player earned access to the mount, not my avatar. Please fix this.

I disagree and I'm obviously not alone.

You unlocked the skill on a single character. Riding skill and mounts are two completely different things.

Serpent riding is a separate skill that you have to earn.
What part of this are you not understanding?

You have to get to exalted to get a cloud serpent anyway, which is an account bound mount. Yet you can't use it on other characters unless they have exalted as well. It's not completely different at all because you simultaneously earn both. It's not like walking up to a trainer and paying for epic flying or whatever.

*boggle*

We all know that their are faction and class restrictions. By the way, there are no profession ones since my non-tailor is happily flying around on her magic carpet. That wasn't the question though. The question is WHY?