Applying the little used fun principle to PvP

Battlegrounds
I got to admit I didn't expect much from this expansion. I guess I didn't take in account the whole minimalist approach Blizzard has taken up the past few expansions. All I know is that the simpler the game has become the better it is. The polish that comes from not having to carry something like poisons and vanishing powder has been a boon to the rogue class. The class is more enjoyable just because that old bullcrap maintenance reagents is gone. The minimalist approach is also a fun approach to WoW.

So why not apply that to PvP? A first big step would be giving every race the Human trinket racial. There is nothing fun about grinding a pvp trinket that could easily be a inherent ability to all classes in the game. Give humans back perception, was pretty powerful ability back in the day and there are more stealth specs around today. Making it more viable.

I'm making this post because I just got done with a AV where I got feared by the priests new Psyfiend back to back to back to death. Same with root to root to stun to root to stun to death. Last expansion near the end we finally got a reason to why a frost mage could nova someone in place at least a dozen times. It was almost scandalous when a blue admitted to the random root proc! Blizzard take a step back, think about a game designed around random root proc philosophy, then throw that design in the garbage in favor of something simple and fun.

You're doing it already, its getting better, take out the damn drip-feed and apply it heavily! With some commitment a random nova proc won't be replaced with something like psyfiend.

Honestly pvp gear is pointless as well, but I doubt WoW is ready for that. The trinket though a good start. Couple more simple things that are a good foundation for pvp. Level up, don't nerf down. You're going to take away my rage accumulation and snare immunity from Avatar. This is a devastating nerf for not just pvp, but for warriors in the game itself. Hold some resolve and fun will not be deteriorated. There has to be a way to make things better for other classes or even other skills like Bloodbath and Stormbolt.

Lastly a new layer of rock, papper, scissors has to be developed. Like the elixir system with battle and guardian elixirs. There is the Tunneler, the Juker, and the Kiter. You would think this would add a new layer of complexity to the game which I have been arguing against, except with a thoroughly applied design approach of simplicity and fun to pvp would there ever be more than one stun, one fear, one horrify in some set amount of time, say 30 seconds? Under this scenario would there even be the need for horrify? Horrify being a perfect example of the arms race where fear couldn't cut it any more!

Break down crowd control to major and minor. Major being fear, sheep, blind. Minor being roots and snares. Major CC can only occur on a character once every 30 seconds. The fiasco of getting snared 3x, feared 3x, stunned 3x, in AV is over. The minor CC is where tunneler (rock), kiter (scissors), and The Juke/Healers (papper) comes in.

The tunneler and the kiter are always opposed to each other. Fighting for lets say some pvp equivalent of tank Vengeance. The fight for this pvp vegeance buff is a tug of war that goes back and forth between these 2 roles that are the heart of pvp. The prize for escaping others snare needs to be more than just mobility. Whoever wins the tug of war for that vengeance gets that vengeance. I don't think melee should ever get the buff over ranged, being able to sit on kiter is boon enough. But melee to melee why not have the escaper get reckoning bomb?

At the heart of healing come the old fashioned juke. The juke should some slippery trick. Like casting a hearthstone in hopes of avoiding pummel. Except this juke ability while casting gives the healer 100% avoidance to direct spells and attacks for 5 seconds. I think a healer that has the balls to earn a juke against a silence, interrupt, and Mortal Strike earns that right to be immune for 5 seconds.

Tunneler, Kiter, Juker. This is pvp in WoW in its most stripped down terms. Build around these 3 things.
Healers are to powerful, we need to adopt the old "Protect our Healer" game play, as of now healers tanking the opposing team while her team flag caps is ridiculous.

"CC's" used to be held until absolutely needed as they were costly and had long CD's and usually most classes only had 1-2. Now there are so many CC's its just a massive mixing bowl of fail.

Some classes do way to much Damage and need toning down.

Bots, Exploits, Hackers need banning.
As a healer, i tend to get zerged and killed within 4-5 seconds fairly often.

the issue is that unless you're geared, and know how to use your cooldowns, a healer is hard to kill....and quite the opposite if you don't.

Sometimes i feel bad for people trying to kill me, and sometimes i go "was i even alive in the first place...?" (yes, that is a deep question...ask yourself that in real life from time to time as well)
healers arnt to powerful, if you acctually play areana and rated bg's you would realise you can easily out dps the heals or even lock out the healers until someone is dead, you do realise healers get silenced, poly'd rootted, interupted aswell probably twice as much as dps classes. So dont try get something nurfed that doesnt need nurfing, you think i can heal through a warriors burst while i got blanket silenced and then a chaos bolt incoming? nope GG :D
healers arnt to powerful, if you acctually play areana and rated bg's you would realise you can easily out dps the heals or even lock out the healers until someone is dead, you do realise healers get silenced, poly'd rootted, interupted aswell probably twice as much as dps classes. So dont try get something nurfed that doesnt need nurfing, you think i can heal through a warriors burst while i got blanket silenced and then a chaos bolt incoming? nope GG :D

Healers have as much "bursty" heals as some classes have damage. It's just overlooked as people are complaining about damage now. If they toned down damage on all classes they would certainly have to tone down some heal crits. Not sure if they already did, but I see some people in bgs being healed from 1/4-1/2 life to full.
I play a resto shaman healer in randoms. I can very easily get away from a group of players, heal myself to full and run away in dog form happily dropping totems along the way.

Am I op? No I dont believe so. Why? Ill have a group on me. within a few seconds, I'm hoj'd, intimidated, silenced and whatever other interrupt you can think of. But that's all at once! I can trinket out of all that, fake a few heals and happily run away. The attacking players have no interrupts left and I'm gone.

Now, I had a warrior and a rogue on me yesterday. And I was completely locked out, warrior knew when and how to pummel. The rogue's interrupts were used AFTER the warriors ( not at the same time) and I didnt stand a chance.

On this toon if I'm fighting a healer, I wont silencing shot them if I see they are hoj'd. After the hoj is up, i'll use intimidation. After that's up, silencing shot.

Groups of players cant kill heals because they dont know how ( or dont pay attention) to lock them out and properly time interrupts.