Red Dawn 2012 remake

Movies, TV and Entertainment
I just saw the trailer for the new Red Dawn movie

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UoqlBHSePw0

I think it will do the first movie justice.

What do you think?
First off they should not have remade it.

They should have started a new IP. And the whole point of the original was normal kids, not some marine family vendetta.

This plus the fact the original dealt with the redemption of the chief antagonist and that does not even looked like it will be approached within the context of this movie.

And they are all attractive in the remake, an attractive multi-ethnic peer group. Where is the Aardvark of the 1st version?

To sum, not looking forward to this bloated budget monstrosity of a movie.
11/04/2012 02:12 PMPosted by Bubblykiss
They should have started a new IP. And the whole point of the original was normal kids, not some marine family vendetta.

From what I see only the two brothers have a family vendetta the rest of them are just normal kids
I think the new red dawn is more realistic. I mean in the first red dawn the Wolverines were armed with RPGs gernades and machine guns that looked military issue. In the New Red Dawn I saw only 1 RPG and the guns they used were sub machine guns, citizen grade semi automatic rifles, shotguns, the kind of stuff a group of American freedom fighters could get.

And they are all attractive in the remake, an attractive multi-ethnic peer group. Where is the Aardvark of the 1st version?

Well different times different actors in the Hunger Games movie Katniss looked MUCH different from what I thought she would look like
11/04/2012 06:15 PMPosted by Jabrezzul
flag-waving simplistic garbage with racist subtext

Well so were several Disney movies and they got remade

What I am trying to say is Red Dawn is a classic. They are not trying to be racist they are simply honoring a classic.
11/04/2012 06:26 PMPosted by Azran
flag-waving simplistic garbage with racist subtext

What I am trying to say is Red Dawn is a classic. They are not trying to be racist they are simply honoring a classic.

You don't honor a classic by murdering it and then desecrating the body where I forced to bare witness.

Again, this would have been fine if it was a new intellectual property. It would have been better than fine, I may have actually enjoyed it. But resurrecting the dead just to violate carcass.
You don't honor a classic by murdering it and then desecrating the body where I forced to bare witness. Again, this would have been fine if it was a new intellectual property. It would have been better than fine, I may have actually enjoyed it. But resurrecting the dead just to violate carcass.

Look all we saw were trailers. I mean we shoudlent judge a book by its cover. I mean some people were upset about Disney buying Marvel but the Advengers movie turned out great didn't it?
First off they should not have remade it.

I will not see it, ever. The original is the ONLY "Red Dawn". From my understanding of how they did this remake, it's been horribly butchered; it might as well NOT even be considered a remake.
11/04/2012 06:41 PMPosted by Bubblykiss

You don't honor a classic by murdering it and then desecrating the body where I forced to bare witness.

^^ This.
You won't save the United States without Patrick Swayze.
Horrible idea. I wish people would boycott crap like this on principle. The original was good, but it was a product of its time. That kind of overly patriotic cheese would only work in the 80s. I'd like to know what genius thought it would be a good idea to remake this.
11/16/2012 07:59 PMPosted by Cowbacca
Horrible idea. I wish people would boycott crap like this on principle. The original was good, but it was a product of its time. That kind of overly patriotic cheese would only work in the 80s. I'd like to know what genius thought it would be a good idea to remake this.

Again, if they would have gone with a brand new Intellectual Property it might have (and a big might) have flown, in Bush's America.

But it is the slaughter of a beloved friend (by kids with prefect hair in spite of living in the mountains for months) by a money hungry machine.

Have you seen the flood of overly patriotic video games (Call of Duty and Homefront, just to name a couple) lately? I wouldn't be surprised if that's what made the light bulb go off in the first place.

Remakes CAN be good, and I don't think they should be dismissed right away simply for being a remake. Dawn of Dead, 3:10 to Yuma, True Grit, they were all awesome remakes. The thing is, in order for a remake to be good, it needs to explore some idea or concept that the original didn't. Red Dawn doesn't look like it has any thought outside of "America, !@#$ yeah!" I'll still see it, but I won't get my hopes up.
11/18/2012 12:19 PMPosted by Shaozu

Have you seen the flood of overly patriotic video games (Call of Duty and Homefront, just to name a couple) lately? I wouldn't be surprised if that's what made the light bulb go off in the first place.

Remakes CAN be good, and I don't think they should be dismissed right away simply for being a remake. Dawn of Dead, 3:10 to Yuma, True Grit, they were all awesome remakes. The thing is, in order for a remake to be good, it needs to explore some idea or concept that the original didn't. Red Dawn doesn't look like it has any thought outside of "America, !@#$ yeah!" I'll still see it, but I won't get my hopes up.

There have been only two (well, technically three) cases where I've liked a remake:
Rob Zombie's Halloween I and II
JJ Abrams' Star Trek

In both cases, the directors took the source material and did something incredibly fresh with it. As a result, their films feel like entirely new ideas instead of a rehash.

Aside from those two cases, I hate remakes.
It was a bad idea.

The original Red Dawn was made during a time when the threat of war from the Soviet was an actual threat. Maybe less of an invasion force and more of nuclear winter, but the Cold War fears were there. The Soviets also had a a military force that rivaled and in some areas surpassed what the US had.

There is no way this movie is going to make me believe that North Korea, without the assistance of a capable wizard, would be able to invade US Soil.

I think the new red dawn is more realistic.

Are you kidding me? North Korean mounting a full invasion of the US? If they kept the original antagonists, the Chinese, it "might" have worked.

11/04/2012 05:51 PMPosted by Azran
In the New Red Dawn I saw only 1 RPG and the guns they used were sub machine guns, citizen grade semi automatic rifles, shotguns, the kind of stuff a group of American freedom fighters could get.

I dunno, I guess using captured enemy equipment was out of the question.

The new Red Dawn is a pure piece of junk, borders on a Goebbels-style propaganda film.
Wait, you're supposed to take this movie seriously? I thought it was some sort of absurd, comedic satire.