Operation Cross realm will be in effect soon

Earthen Ring
Prev 1 3 4 5 8 Next
So pretty much, he's not forcing you to do anything. There is absolutely no reason why this thread had to turn into a flamestorm, a !@#$storm, or go off-topic. Because people are blowing this way out of proportion, this thread is quickly spiraling downwards into oblivion.

If Baranalot wronged you in the past, the public forums are NOT the place to complain about it, or call him out on it. There is no need for 90% of these posts in this thread.

TLDR: Calm down. Holy crap.

Yes'm.

If the response of the forums seems disproportionate, Baranalot has gotten himself banned from ingame roleplay channels and caused unrest between himself and roleplayers in the last week.

This is all fine and dandy, but why does this justify blowing up his thread? You don't like RPing with him, then don't RP with him. If you find him obnoxious or offensive, use the ignore feature. It's a very under-utilized feature, but it's effective at doing its job.

If it is not already clear enough, check other's responses who politely ask not to be involved with him.

Obviously, I don't know all of the circumstances or every juicy detail, but from my point of view, again the ignore feature might come in handy. *shrug* I could be wrong.

But you are correct that this isn't the avenue for it. Please report me if any of my responses were inappropriate. I'm done here now. G'night.

Have a good night! :D
I editted my first post to clarify I am not directing that post at any one individual. I'm directing it to the thread as a whole.
11/10/2012 08:35 PMPosted by Poofikins
I editted my first post to clarify I am not directing that post at any one individual. I'm directing it to the thread as a whole.
Again thanks for the help.
http://i.imgur.com/5bDrg.jpg

What am I looking at here
http://i.imgur.com/5bDrg.jpg

What am I looking at here
Don't ask, I am just getting trolled by forthealliance people.
Jesus tapdancing whole-wheat Christ driving a zamboni on an active tarmac.

Can someone please explain what time machine I just stepped into. When did we go back to BC when people still made threads on these forums that caused drama. I mean, if we're going back to that, I'll definitely read them more, and bravo to whoever started this mess for making me actually care about this site again.

But everyone is just making everyone look ridiculous here.

Baranalot. Kormok and a lot of wise people have told you to drop it. This isn't worth your time. This isn't worth MY time. Isn't worth ANYONE's time. No one should be here arguing. Do your thing, and who will show up will show up. You've received a lot of good advice from some people wiser than myself, and the only thing I can offer is that you sincerely step back and reread what they've told you. Right now, you're missing everything they've told you. Time to take second down because you keep pumping that ball and no one's open.

Nothus. <3

Everyone else. I got nothing.

Closing arguments:

11/10/2012 08:05 PMPosted by Imina
What in the actual !@#$
Plugs are good, I like plugs. There's a lot of healthy rp going on in the world. Tranquility's Watch is a brilliant example and you have to give Halonan some serious props for that.

Our guild probably does about 4+ AITs a month and those take place in a variety of locations. From climbing Mount Neverest to learning camping in Hinterlands we try to hit up random locations. We've probably had over 30 AITs by now and no two take place in the same area. Our Raptor (A humerus plot), Crystalline (team based competitiveness), Naga (npc fighting) and Panda Cong (patrolling / problem solving) plots all take place in various locations outside of Stormwind too There's other examples but those are all current going.

And we're just one of several large and healthy guilds out there. Templars, Blue Guardians, Vanguard, and Alliance Protectorate all do similar plots. I know the Protectorate has a big plot brewing in Duskwood against a Lich and Janderius organized a large plot in Westfall, the list goes on and I could ramble many more examples.

I agree with the others, create storylines out there and seize the moment with your guildies and friends. You'll find a good niche out there. Just please, please leave the OOC plotting at the doorway. There's already too much OOC plotting on this server. I get my name brought up plenty for stuff that has nothing to do with me nor my guild, I'd like to limit it. I don't want to be a curse word that every time someone stubs their toe in RP they yell, "MONROE!" And I don't want to be brought into any OOC plotting. I'm happy to answer questions, like where the Recluse property ends or hypothetical legal questions but anything beyond that please pass on by me.
Plugs are good, I like plugs. There's a lot of healthy rp going on in the world. Tranquility's Watch is a brilliant example and you have to give Halonan some serious props for that.

Our guild probably does about 4+ AITs a month and those take place in a variety of locations. From climbing Mount Neverest to learning camping in Hinterlands we try to hit up random locations. We've probably had over 30 AITs by now and no two take place in the same area. Our Raptor (A humerus plot), Crystalline (team based competitiveness), Naga (npc fighting) and Panda Cong (patrolling / problem solving) plots all take place in various locations outside of Stormwind too There's other examples but those are all current going.

And we're just one of several large and healthy guilds out there. Templars, Blue Guardians, Vanguard, and Alliance Protectorate all do similar plots. I know the Protectorate has a big plot brewing in Duskwood against a Lich and Janderius organized a large plot in Westfall, the list goes on and I could ramble many more examples.

I agree with the others, create storylines out there and seize the moment with your guildies and friends. You'll find a good niche out there. Just please, please leave the OOC plotting at the doorway. There's already too much OOC plotting on this server. I get my name brought up plenty for stuff that has nothing to do with me nor my guild, I'd like to limit it. I don't want to be a curse word that every time someone stubs their toe in RP they yell, "MONROE!" And I don't want to be brought into any OOC plotting. I'm happy to answer questions, like where the Recluse property ends or hypothetical legal questions but anything beyond that please pass on by me.
I don't think a plot is necessary what we need though. From what i asked around on Moongaurd is that they used rp hubs that are created by Both larger and smaller guilds. Which means you guys aren't doing things right when we look at that. Then again if i was to look back that also means that I can possibly be in the wrong because they do set up alot of events into their rp.

So time to go jump in that pool of knowledge BRBSOL
11/10/2012 11:01 PMPosted by Baranalot
I don't think a plot is necessary what we need though. From what i asked around on Moongaurd is that they used rp hubs that are created by Both larger and smaller guilds. Which means you guys aren't doing things right when we look at that. Then again if i was to look back that also means that I can possibly be in the wrong because they do set up alot of events into their rp.

People have stated just that in this thread and you need to step back, re-read what they have said, they're trying to help.

People have stated just that in this thread and you need to step back, re-read what they have said, they're trying to help.
Reread what I have stated as well. I have given you prolly one of my based obervations I have ever given on a realm. MG has a bigger RP presence then any of the servers I have seen thus far.

Oh yeah call off your mutt thanks :D helps me think and have less bodily problems with him trashing my posts everywhere.
Ignorance breeds well, ignorance I guess.

Good luck with taking this too seriously.
Everyone in this thread is taking eachothers' responses entirely too seriously.

I'm not excluding myself in that statement, but my intentions were different than that of anyone else.

Baranalot, no use in trying to defend yourself. It was made painfully obvious that you've either done too much harm, or people just don't want to listen to accept the fact that you might be right. (I don't know which it is, nor do I care)

People attacking Baranalot or just defending yourselves-- it's not going to do any good in this type of thread unfortunately. This is not the place to address any problems you may or may not have.
Ignorance breeds well, ignorance I guess.

Good luck with taking this too seriously.
I'm not just a lovely suggestion before I do go trollfu on ya......

Oh and good point Poof, just these people have taken their time to get me closer to trolling them so badly..... But they want me to listen, so I am doing that and learning from MG professionals who I think might've dealt with that problem. Either way they want to do things their way so I am doing things my way by asking help from smaller guilds.
I return to Earthen Ring Forums after 2 years of Hiatus with my name being thrown out and all sorts of arguments being thrown out. I've figured this may potentially be a bait thread to cause drama or erupt emotions but at this point, I don't want to get involved anymore. The blood has been shed and things have revealed themselves in a unfortunate manner.

So I leave my response to this in a clearly fashioned statement.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8TBQywGmMjQ
I return to Earthen Ring Forums after 2 years of Hiatus with my name being thrown out and all sorts of arguments being thrown out. I've figured this may potentially be a bait thread to cause drama or erupt emotions but at this point, I don't want to get involved anymore. The blood has been shed and things have revealed themselves in a unfortunate manner.

So I leave my response to this in a clearly fashioned statement.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8TBQywGmMjQ
I am trying to think of a good response so I think this should suffice in a good 1 or 2 sentences. Kenny, if I was here a year or 2 ago I prolly would've told ya don't do the merger with SW because you don't know what it involves. So kenny, now i am telling you this piece of advice "A guild leader is some one who is aware of his sorroundings, love his guild mates and on a drop of a hat protect them from harm. Someone who is helpful and drop what they are doing as quick as possible and help them. To teach your fellow guildies what to do, and what not to do and while giving applicable advice."

Ya know Kenny, I didn't want drama to come into this thread either. Even the raiders are saying, "Why are you doing this?" I have had one of you from Jaero's guild literally calling me a troll, and trashing my threads. Not just that but potentially not allowing me to learn more about what I am trying to tell you guys to say it better. However, you guys choose to ignore facts, while I am listening to you all but my trust has all but waned so sorry Kelsus. I blame myself to allow this to happen on the forums because all I wanted was to let things pass but people didn't want it to.
I found this thread to be entirely entertaining. However!

Baranalot. I'm not going to pick at your reasoning for posting this up. I won't bash your opinion. I tend to be a very open-minded person perfectly willing to hear others' opinions. I view myself as a person who likes to see both sides of every arguement. (I try, anywho!) I'll make a couple points.

1. If you want to do a summit, do it. I won't stop you. No one will stop you. Gather like-minded individuals, and do your best to go about, and change the RP community as you want. That being said, I doubt many will be there, however. From what I've heard, and what I've seen on this thread, you harrass and insult people who don't agree with you. (This doesn't mean you aren't getting unjustly insulted in a few of these posts, as well, of course).

2. You're not seeing the whole of ER, in this. Are we the largest RP server? Do we have RP on every corner? Are we, as a server ON AVERAGE, even RP-based? No. That's just ER. Talk to people. Ask for RP. Or go to common RP-areas. RP does exist, outside of Stormwind. I'll grant it's not always very -IMMENSE- RP, but, it does happen. Get in on it. Hop down to some cross-realm areas. There's RP there, a lot of times.

3. You seem to vaguely quote people. Or imply they're doing something wrong. Don't do that. All it does is cause people to come in, see what you've been posting about them (Good or Bad), and they get mad. Don't quote people, without their permission. It generally leads to trouble.

4. You made a comment, about something....'Don't do a merger with SW'. I assume you mean 'Stormwind Guard'. Please note that Kelsus and I -both- played a part in that. You very likely don't know the terms, and simply think it's a power-grab, or that it's ruined one or both guilds. In many ways (even though the merged membership's RP was injured by MoP for a while), AP is -stronger- with both of us. There is clear, defined limites on both of our powers. Don't soley blame Kelsus, for the merge. And don't just call it a mistake. You don't know the details.
It is obvious how little detail you actually do know about the merger, from your post.

I wasn't the one to originally offer the merge. Kelsus was. I accepted, not him. My decision was based on a UNANIMOUS decision from the officers, and then from our most active people.

Also, I would ask you don't tell ME to get more popularity, by helping you. I am (certainly not fully, but, no Captain before me has been, either), mostly accepted by the RP community. I'm not perfect. (If someone wants to send me hatemail telling me how wrong I am, feel free. I'll read it. Put in tips for me, too! I'll evaluate how much merit they have!) But, I don't need advice from you on how to gain popularity (By forwarding a cause I'm not even completely sure how to forward, nor am I able to support at this time).

In short, I respect your opinion, but, I think you're wrong. We weighed the issue. We decided, not me as a guild leader, but as a -guild-, that a merge was beneficial. And it has been. It's not perfect, yet. Bumps are still being worked out. They will continue to be worked out. We can handle this. We will. The Guard is in a different form. It's on a rocky path, but, I feel with enough hard work, we'll get to smooth....paths? Heh. :)

On a last note, If someone called me a liar? I probably wouldn't put much stake in it. I think most people would tell you I'm not someone who lies, OOCly. I despise it, so much. So, if someone called me that, they are most likely someone who barely knows me, and doesn't like me. Or a bad RPer. Or someone who has some sort've grudge. Etc Etc. My point is acquired by now.

As far as what the rest of your post goes...I'm not exactly sure what it says, so, I'm just going to stop the conversation on that, for now.
It is obvious how little detail you actually do know about the merger, from your post.

I wasn't the one to originally offer the merge. Kelsus was. I accepted, not him. My decision was based on a UNANIMOUS decision from the officers, and then from our most active people.

Also, I would ask you don't tell ME to get more popularity, by helping you. I am (certainly not fully, but, no Captain before me has been, either), mostly accepted by the RP community. I'm not perfect. (If someone wants to send me hatemail telling me how wrong I am, feel free. I'll read it. Put in tips for me, too! I'll evaluate how much merit they have!) But, I don't need advice from you on how to gain popularity (By forwarding a cause I'm not even completely sure how to forward, nor am I able to support at this time).

In short, I respect your opinion, but, I think you're wrong. We weighed the issue. We decided, not me as a guild leader, but as a -guild-, that a merge was beneficial. And it has been. It's not perfect, yet. Bumps are still being worked out. They will continue to be worked out. We can handle this. We will. The Guard is in a different form. It's on a rocky path, but, I feel with enough hard work, we'll get to smooth....paths? Heh. :)

On a last note, If someone called me a liar? I probably wouldn't put much stake in it. I think most people would tell you I'm not someone who lies, OOCly. I despise it, so much. So, if someone called me that, they are most likely someone who barely knows me, and doesn't like me. Or a bad RPer. Or someone who has some sort've grudge. Etc Etc. My point is acquired by now.

As far as what the rest of your post goes...I'm not exactly sure what it says, so, I'm just going to stop the conversation on that, for now.
I bluffed, I do know a good bit just wanted to hear things from your POV, and i stillc say it is a bad idea. Personally I think you could've waited more. Could've tried to find Dugald. However, no ofense but if I have to show your members the boundris myself something is really wrong.
Anyways, I am bumping this thread.