Sunsong ranch clarification

General Discussion
I keep reading and hearing references to "my" farm and "your" farm with Sunsong ranch but it seems to me (I've barely started the dailies for it) you do not own the farm your just helping out yoon and doing all the work, can you actually own it in the end? as in make it yours after getting exalted and whatnot? or are you simply just harvest-moonifying some NPC's farm that you cannot actually call your own after all those pixelated sweat and tears?

I cannot find a clear answer, I dont particularly want to build up a farm for someone else if thats the case. Can anyone clarify this for me? its driving me nuts!

thanks for your time :D
You plant seeds and move some inconveniences around. Yoon makes huge plots of vegetables grow in 24 hours. You don't even deserve to be called Farmer in the presence of a green thumbed god like that.
Yoon makes it a point of telling you that it isn't just his farm anymore, it's yours too.
No, you will never ever ever own the pixels. They will always belong to Blizzard Entertainment. With that being said, the farm will never be called "your" farm. Not as it stands right now. But it will be "your" farm in the aspect that you can plant what ever crops you want to plant.
It's my farm. I plant the seeds, I harvest them the next day

Those are my motes. My veggies. My Tiller quests.

Mine.
It's *my* farm. Yoon and I are a co-op. We will be supplying Trader Joe's and Whole Foods any day now.

Any. Day. Now.
10/30/2012 10:22 AMPosted by Azendence
You plant seeds and move some inconveniences around. Yoon makes huge plots of vegetables grow in 24 hours. You don't even deserve to be called Farmer in the presence of a green thumbed god like that.

He explains at the start that it's due to the soil of the valley.

Anyway, at the end you get inducted into the Tillers together, but it's not like when you hit Exalted Yoon dies and you get the deed to the farm or anything. It always hovers between "ambiguous" and "it belongs to Yoon."
10/30/2012 10:23 AMPosted by Pyronaptor
Yoon makes it a point of telling you that it isn't just his farm anymore, it's yours too.

And I'm sorry but well we're off fighting internet dragons, who do you think is taking care of crops?

We literally just plant the seeds and take care of the initial problem. After that Yoon basically says "Kay you go have fun and I'll stay here making sure they grow and finish doing all the important stuff."
hearing references to "my" farm and "your" farm with Sunsong ranch but it seems to me (I've barely started the dailies for it) you do not own the farm your just helping out yoon and doing all the work, can you actually own it in the end? as in make it yours after getting exalted and whatnot? or are you simply just harvest-moonifying some NPC's farm that you cannot actually call your own after all those pixelated sweat and tears?

Calling it "my farm" is just easier to say as opposed to "that farm in the Valley where I grow stuff" or something. Technically, your character will not ever own the farm outright. But it is a moot point because you don't need to own it. There would be no real benefit. You get all of the advantages of planting and harvesting without having to work toward full ownership. You can grow food for cooking, you can grow plants for certain herbs, you can grow ones for Motes of Harmony, etc. Those things are the rewards for your "pixelated sweat and tears." If you don't need mats, don't farm.
Nope...just a share-cropper. However, you do own the by-products. The veggies. Trying to find a way to increase the benefit though....you can cook weeds like dandylion greens in real life, hoping we can start cooking those weeds too...not to mention all the varments! Since they are on almost every seed planted, and half the untilled mounds, there's way more profit to be made there from [Granny's Possum Varment Stew] and [Granny's Miracle Medicine Weed Squeezins] (caution....one single sip goes straight to "completely smashed" for you "city-folk", with a 6000 percent speed increase) than you can make from the veggies themselves!
Spoiler alert: When you get exhausted with the Tillers you have a workers revolution and take the farm with force. You rise up from the fields with pitchfork in hand a kill your master.
Yoon's head hangs at the entrance near the mailbox to remind the slave driving panda's who really runs the show.
Spoiler alert: When you get exhausted with the Tillers you have a workers revolution and take the farm with force. You rise up from the fields with pitchfork in hand a kill your master.
Yoon's head hangs at the entrance near the mailbox to remind the slave driving panda's who really runs the show.

Does the Sha of Revolt then inhabit the farm, turning Varments and Weeds into World Bosses and Yoon's bodyless head into a full blown Scenario boss?
No it just becomes 15 daily quests to get 12 things
10/30/2012 10:44 AMPosted by Pilkington
No it just becomes 15 daily quests to get 12 things

"optional dailies" I assume, where you have to build rep to exalted with 12 different factions before the game will give you the next 14 dailies that let you build rep with the faction that lets you leave the farm and unlock 5 sets of 12 more rep based dailies that are "equally optional", but required to progress in the game?
Indubitably
thanks for the quick replies guys. I think I understand it better now, I feel a little warmer towards the idea
10/30/2012 10:23 AMPosted by Pyronaptor

Yup.

It's Blizzards subtle way of trying to get WOW players used to the idea of sharing.

The Chen Stormstout quest line is a subtle hint to get WOW players to quit obsessing and slow down a bit.

Imagine a WOW community where players shared and took their time.

lololololololololololol

/pipe dream
It's "ours" in game terms - it's instanced per player and we control it.

It's Yoon's in story terms, he owns it.
It's "ours" in game terms - it's instanced per player and we control it.

It's Yoon's in story terms, he owns it.

^^ This
I keep reading and hearing references to "my" farm and "your" farm with Sunsong ranch but it seems to me (I've barely started the dailies for it) you do not own the farm your just helping out yoon and doing all the work, can you actually own it in the end? as in make it yours after getting exalted and whatnot? or are you simply just harvest-moonifying some NPC's farm that you cannot actually call your own after all those pixelated sweat and tears?

I cannot find a clear answer, I dont particularly want to build up a farm for someone else if thats the case. Can anyone clarify this for me? its driving me nuts!

thanks for your time :D

The NPC (Farmer Yoon) functions on a little-known timer where he'll walk away from his traditional standing location and head into the little hut to perform miscellaneous, menial tasks. It's at this window in time (roughly 15 seconds) where farmer Yoon becomes flagged for combat. Kill him, take his deed to the farm, hide his corpse under the big, mossy boulder and profit!