Why the gag order nerf?

Warrior
11/02/2012 06:07 AMPosted by
A lot bad warriors posting here. Gag Order needed nerf, you should not be rewarded with 3s silence after missing Pummel. Nothing more annoying then trying to fake cast vs some trash warrior only to eat blanket silence anyway.

Where was this sentiment 3 years ago when Gag Order was a prot talent. Oh right, it didn't matter because warriors didn't do WTF INSANE CRAZY BURST like they do now. Why nerf the real problem when you can nerf all the other stuff.
11/04/2012 07:21 AMPosted by Legîon

Throw isn't getting baked-in silence.

Overall a bigger nerf for prot pvp, which had Gag Order since TBC until they gave it to Arms... Meanwhile the other tanking classes get to keep their blanket silences in pvp (Avenger's Shield and Fae Silence).

Yes because guardians and prot paladins are currently the best pvp classes in the game.....

Oh wait, no....they are a couple of the worst.

So how does this translate into nerfing prot harder than arms? This is like giving Avenger's Shield to Ret and then nerfing it for both specs.
Devs have said they don't want prot in arenas and quite frankly I'm ok with that. They want us in BGs, which is more than just carrying flags, but also holding nodes. When I'm guarding a base and a mage has me rooted, I need that Heroic Throw to "pre-mitigate" his Ice Lances. My shields are weak without Vengeance and rooted warriors don't generate enough rage anyways. Blanket silence against instant-casters is absolutely important when all we have is physical mitigation. This is not new concept. Other tanking classes have blanket silences that work in pvp and in fact their versions are superior. There is absolutely NO reason to remove Gag Order from prot warriors in pvp.

But the point of this argument is about their poorly implemented "fix" for Gag Order, which could have been done a half-dozen better ways without hurting the one spec that wasn't overpowered in pvp. That's all I'm talking about here.
11/02/2012 02:09 PMPosted by Splinter
A warrior killed a frost mage. That cannot be allowed.

This made me ROFL

But seriously, Arms warriors haven't had gag order until now, and I personally have always done fine putting pressure on a healer/caster without it. Is it nice to have it? Of course. Is it mandatory, and am I going to cry about it and quit my warrior? Most certainly not. I highly doubt that removing gag order will unbalance warriors. Look at it as more of adding a skill cap and getting rid of band-wagoner warriors.
11/04/2012 01:11 PMPosted by Taunque
Blanket silence against instant-casters is absolutely important when all we have is physical mitigation. This is not new concept.

Physical mitigation isn't all warriors have, sorry.

But hey, if you don't want your 25% damage reduction in any spec, my mistweaver would love it.
The HT part was a stupid nerf that may be reversed, however the blanket on pummel is !@#$ing stupid and I'm glad to see it gone....those of us that have played warrior for ages were using HT for blanket/pummel for interrupt like always anyway.
Storm bolt?
11/02/2012 02:09 PMPosted by Splinter
A warrior killed a frost mage. That cannot be allowed.

anyone kills frost mage... Nerfs for all..
This was a needed nerf.

Casters deserve the right to freecast should they juke an interrupt.

Plus, blanket silences are a stupid mechanic no matter which class has it.
This was a needed nerf.

You really need a red cape and shield.

The removal of silence from pummel was needed, not heroic throw.
11/04/2012 05:32 AMPosted by Taunque
Instead they decided to implement yet another ability that works differently in pvp/pve, which GC supposedly wants to avoid.

So he really is just plainly dumb? That explains a lot. Maybe he wants to implement player-like behaviors for PvE too, just to make it balanced? I can see Blizzard removing threat tables and just making it so that the bosses attack what they want (usually the healers if they are smart).
This was a needed nerf.

You really need a red cape and shield.

The removal of silence from pummel was needed, not heroic throw.

Yeah, I feel it was needed for both.

There is just too many silences/interrupts in the game atm.
No gag order are you high Blizzard??? I am the greatest warrior of all Im going to run into Blizz HQ and pop Avatar Reck and Bladestorm
You know, most healers were'nt even calling for the glyph of gag order to be taken off of heroic throw. It's the attached to pummel portion that is mindless and overpowered when coupled with warrior burst and control.

Fake casting is a skill hump for most casters, that glyph just removed a big part of the pvp meta game.

I find warrior burst to be quite effective, and think this fix will level them out.
anyone remember:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xJCqUGbmD4A
blizzard just favors caster classes over warriors, and seeing mages dont like gag order and blizzards lead wow dev plays a mage, its not very much of a surprise that they took it out of pvp