hmm?

General Discussion
Prev 1 2 3 4 58 Next
11/05/2012 07:38 PMPosted by Fubukie
(100 dailies / day) shoved down my throat.

You'd do well to avoid exaggerations.

At 2 charms per MOST dailies, that's 7 dailies a day to reach 90 for the week.

You don't even need to do a bunch of dailies to get valor capped, anymore. 180 from raid finder a week (270 next week if Heart of Fear also gives 90) - and 540 from 1 heroic per day. That puts you near 830. Add in a scenario or another heroic here and there and you're golden.
This is not a grind. BC... now THAT was a grind. Rep for keys, rep for dungeons, rep for gear, rep rep rep. Now that you got most of that out of the way, do you have flying? You're not prepared. Go get gold. But...how? Try your professions? But recipes are random wold drops... *trollface*

edit> BC for best expansion!
11/05/2012 07:46 PMPosted by Dethh

"Gear drops in raids like it always has."
"I like gear like I always have."
"But I want bonus chances at that gear."
"I have to do something to earn bonus chances at that gear?!"
"I don't want to do something to earn bonus chances at that gear!"
"That thing I don't want to do that would earn me bonus chances at that gear, doesn't earn me bonus chances at that gear!"

Let me know if that's an accurate summary, as well as what you're talking about. o.O

Can we have a choice on how to earn these coins? I for one hate quests and dailies HATE them. It would be nice if there was an alternative way to earn coins. I'm sure you can think of something.

And what choices would you propose?

You don't want to do dailies... and you can't get them from raids -- that's called "Double Dipping". Stick them in Battlegrounds and that's "What, you can do PvP to earn PvE Raid rewards? That's stupid!" Stick them in Heroics and it is "What, you can do Heroics to get Valor to buy Raid Gear AND get tokens to get more raid gear!?" which also sounds like double-dipping to me.

So what choices would you suggest?
11/05/2012 07:46 PMPosted by Lohfal
weren't you people complaining about not enough content back in Cataclysm? They give us MORE content and you go "OMG I don't wanna do that!"

I was one of those who complained about the lack of stuff in cata, and am very happy with all the things to do in MoP.

7 dailies takes like 10min per day.

They're complaining about 10 min per day to DOUBLE their chances on THREE bosses per week.

Yeeeeeesh.
11/05/2012 07:38 PMPosted by Fubukie
Why is every post I see made by you some snarky remark? Very unbecoming and unprofessional behavior. OP's concern: Very valid. I'm also sick of this horrible solo content (100 dailies / day) shoved down my throat.

Because he's Zar. But honestly, snarky often works to get a real discussion going. This time it definitely didn't work since a bunch of people showed up just to bash people instead of having an actual discussion, but sometimes it does work. I doubt a polite response would have worked any better, so no real loss.
11/05/2012 07:46 PMPosted by Lohfal

Sounds good. I suggest not doing dailies all day everyday if you don't want to, then. I don't want to either. If I want to have additional pulls of the slot machine when I'm in a raid though, I'll decide if the cost is worth it, or if I'll just take my standard one shot at a boss's loot table per week.

Do I want a tabard that allows me to get credit for doing one type of content, while actually doing another (which, by itself, earns me gold and chances at loot)? It'd save me time, sure. There are so many things about endgame progression that could be changed to save me time, enough so that I wouldn't have to worry about enjoying actually playing the game to improve my character and earn things.

*thumbs up*

This guy gets it.

Players want to have things handed to them with as little time spent as possible. They want to log on, do 1-2 raids a week and log off.

Why are they even playing, again? It is like they don't even want to PLAY the game at all. "OMG I have to do dailies!" ... well, errr... weren't you people complaining about not enough content back in Cataclysm? They give us MORE content and you go "OMG I don't wanna do that!"

Seriously.

We got more content thankfully. We got challenge modes, scenarios, and pet battles. That stuff is awesome. Many people just don't like doing the same quests every day. *shrugs*
11/05/2012 07:48 PMPosted by Athinah
weren't you people complaining about not enough content back in Cataclysm? They give us MORE content and you go "OMG I don't wanna do that!"

I was one of those who complained about the lack of stuff in cata, and am very happy with all the things to do in MoP.

As am I.

In Cataclysm, you couldn't even max out your 25 daily limit unless your faction owned Tol Barad until 4.2, unless you did Icecrown/Stormpeaks crap.

There was absolutely nothing for a non-raider to do, esp when the Heroics were too stinking hard for most PUGs to clear and Normals didn't reward much of anything until a hotfix that came weeks later.
Well you can still enjoy the game without as much grind : ). you dont gotta grind to keep people entertained instead of just lose subs that way yea blue? tell me if am wrong how many subs u guys lost since mist launched?
You can farm Guo-Lai cache keys which open up Guo-Lai caches. The caches usually contain four lesser charms of good fortune. The keys are about a 1% drop rate so you will need to kill about 2,300 vale of eternal blossoms NPCs each week to get yourself 3 elder charms of good fortune without having to do a single daily. Happy farming.
11/05/2012 07:49 PMPosted by Silenciaa
We got more content thankfully. We got challenge modes, scenarios, and pet battles. That stuff is awesome. Many people just don't like doing the same quests every day. *shrugs*

Well it's a good thing you don't get the same quests every day.

Unless RNG hates you.
11/05/2012 07:48 PMPosted by Lohfal

7 dailies takes like 10min per day.

They're complaining about 10 min per day to DOUBLE their chances on THREE bosses per week.

Yeeeeeesh.

Pretty much, I can finish all of my Tiller dailies in 10-15 minutes. A daily heroic takes about 30-40 minutes.

We're talking about an hour investment each day. The bonus rewards are there for people who are willing to put effort into it.

We may as well stop herb farming to make flasks, too, because I HATE farming, and it's stupid that I should have to farm to create flasks for my raids!

/end snark

That's just it -- it isn't the same quests everyday. Some are repeated, but many are randomized from a large pool.
11/05/2012 07:50 PMPosted by Rosenivy

Well it's a good thing you don't get the same quests every day.

Unless RNG hates you.

Sorry, every other or third day. :)
11/05/2012 07:44 PMPosted by Zarhym
Sounds good. I suggest not doing dailies all day everyday if you don't want to, then

I don't want to do dailies every day, but I want to progress my character. Since the only option we've been given is dailies for rep, I guess my choices are don't advance my character or do dailies.
I have over 6 months worth of coins to turn in, and I still have 3 more factions to get to exalted, I like achievements and I always was a rep grinder since classic, so its not a big deal, when I max out I stop doing them, unless I need certain ones for achievements.

People are making mountains out of molehills.
11/05/2012 07:50 PMPosted by Lohfal

That's just it -- it isn't the same quests everyday. Some are repeated, but many are randomized from a large pool.

I'm pretty sure I've saved at least 10000 pandas from being chained in the spirit realm so far this tier. :)
I have over 6 months worth of coins to turn in, and I still have 3 more factions to get to exalted, I like achievements and I always was a rep grinder since classic, so its not a big deal, when I max out I stop doing them, unless I need certain ones for achievements.

That's also a fantastic thing. On my Paladin, I'm already exalted with everything but August Celestials...I also have about 5 months worth of charms. I'm this far and it's barely been a month. People are greatly exaggerating the amount of time this stuff takes.
This pesky game is getting in the way of my purples!

My Blacksmith has 3 elder coins and, what, 70+ charms and I'm only doing tillers so he can plant 16 songbells per day.

That's from doing JUST the tillers and a small amount of Klaxxi and the first two days of Golden Lotus.

Tillers takes <15min. And half of that time is spent planting plants and dealing with their ailments.