We do not want things just handed out.
WE. DO. NOT. WANT. THINGS. JUST. HANDED. OUT.

How many times does this need to be said?

Could have fooled me, after all people are basically asking for the tiny roadblocks keeping them from obtaining epics to be removed or paths made around them. Which is ironic because the method in question is actually an alternative method to the normal method (instances) In other words people want an alternate for an alternate to get the rewards in question.

I guess you missed the part where the alternative way is the ONLY way to be able to spend said valor.
Hi

I would just like to post in this thread...

I do not do quests blizzard... not daily's at all since the shattered sun offensive that burnt me out

I progress via dungeon instances and battlegrounds...

and there are many more like me

I feel discriminated against how I play because you want to make us do dailys

Could have fooled me, after all people are basically asking for the tiny roadblocks keeping them from obtaining epics to be removed or paths made around them. Which is ironic because the method in question is actually an alternative method to the normal method (instances) In other words people want an alternate for an alternate to get the rewards in question.

I guess you missed the part where the alternative way is the ONLY way to be able to spend said valor.

Valor gear is itself an alternate option. It used to be that the only way to get progressively better gear was to raid. Blizzard wanted to give more people a chance to get that gear which would allow them to raid, so they introduced valor gear. Is it really such a bad thing that you still have to work for it beyond just doing a dungeon a day for valor? It ensures that people aren't getting something for nothing, that they're actually doing something to earn the rewards.
11/05/2012 07:33 PMPosted by Zarhym
Is the only way to get the Elder Charm Coins is by doing dailys by getting 90 of the good coins and turning them into 3 elder...? that sort of forces u into dailys if so.. because u know people want that extra chance in Raid to get the gear so your know there going do dailys to get a silly coin that doesnt even help one bit gg..

"Gear drops in raids like it always has."
"I like gear like I always have."
"But I want bonus chances at that gear."
"I have to do something to earn bonus chances at that gear?!"
"I don't want to do something to earn bonus chances at that gear!"
"That thing I don't want to do that would earn me bonus chances at that gear, doesn't earn me bonus chances at that gear!"

Let me know if that's an accurate summary, as well as what you're talking about. o.O

That's a little bit condescending, isn't it?

I thought you were a Blizzard Representative, not an everyday troll.

Another whining brat upset. Whatever will they do?!

Another whining brat upset. Whatever will they do?!

Lol, this thread is still here, and yes its full of whiny brats. The skull was funny as serious as always.
11/07/2012 06:39 PMPosted by Keppet
Valor gear is itself an alternate option. It used to be that the only way to get progressively better gear was to raid. Blizzard wanted to give more people a chance to get that gear which would allow them to raid, so they introduced valor gear. Is it really such a bad thing that you still have to work for it beyond just doing a dungeon a day for valor? It ensures that people aren't getting something for nothing, that they're actually doing something to earn the rewards.

Players who do dailies don't have to also do dungeons to get their Valor.

Why should players who do dungeon have to do dailies to use the Valor they earn?

No one has been getting anything for nothing, short of AFKing for the group and the group not bothering to kick them.

Not sure why people keep using that bad argument as a case for why VP gear needs to be locked behind rep and that rep should only be acquired through dailies.

If Blizzard wants to force one set of players into participating in other forms of content to use the rewards they've gotten from their preferred content, then they need to make the system to force all players into all forms of content.

What would be happening right now if those doing dailies for VP are told they also have to start doing normal mode raids in order to spend it? Valor Points are a raid currency after all.

When they originated as Emblems of Valor, you could only get them from raid boss kills. Blizzard changed that when players started having issues getting enough VP simply from raiding but it remained that VP gear was there to fill in what RNG from raiding didn't provide, or to help give players a boost with gear if they were gearing a toon from scratch to fill in an open raid slot.

Personally, I think the rep should come from raiding, not dailies. You are getting raid quality gear after all. There are plenty of VP pieces that are better for me than my drop options in MSV, even though the item level is the same.

Players who do dailies don't have to also do dungeons to get their Valor.

Why should players who do dungeon have to do dailies to use the Valor they earn?

No one has been getting anything for nothing, short of AFKing for the group and the group not bothering to kick them.

Not sure why people keep using that bad argument as a case for why VP gear needs to be locked behind rep and that rep should only be acquired through dailies.

If Blizzard wants to force one set of players into participating in other forms of content to use the rewards they've gotten from their preferred content, then they need to make the system to force all players into all forms of content.

What would be happening right now if those doing dailies for VP are told they also have to start doing normal mode raids in order to spend it? Valor Points are a raid currency after all.

When they originated as Emblems of Valor, you could only get them from raid boss kills. Blizzard changed that when players started having issues getting enough VP simply from raiding but it remained that VP gear was there to fill in what RNG from raiding didn't provide, or to help give players a boost with gear if they were gearing a toon from scratch to fill in an open raid slot.

Personally, I think the rep should come from raiding, not dailies. You are getting raid quality gear after all. There are plenty of VP pieces that are better for me than my drop options in MSV, even though the item level is the same.

They did what they did as a compromise for people who didn't want to raid to get their gear. People are clearly never happy.
Blizzard, love what you did with valor, lots of ways for me to hit the cap each week. I dont feel to funneled by it. Rep on the other hand, I dont know why it isnt more like valor, a cap each week, but obtainable by diffrent means, some from dungeon, some from dailys, hell some from doing raid dungeon bosses maybe if it relates.

Variety is the spice of life, just needed more for the reps.
?? Is it so hard to understand what has ticked people off? In the past if you wanted to work towards gearing up after your raid that week, too bad! Now there is an infinite amount of time you can spend towards gearing yourself up and it's burning people out. I find it odd that this isn't my job but I feel like I could respond to the posters in a far less condescending manner.

Like this: I understand how you feel forced to do dailies. Before this, you only had to do at most 25 dailies per day and then just till you had enough rep for the odd piece of gear/enchant. Once you did your raid for that week, you had done all anyone could do towards gearing themselves up. You didn't feel left behind by others willing to spend more time working at it. Now when you don't invest the time to do dailies you feel like others are going to outpace faster than has been possible in the previous expansions.

That's all I can think of off the top of my head.
There's no such thing as a bonus.

Any advantage I can have, that I don't take, is a penalty.

Unless players existed in a vacuum where they weren't being compared against each other for raids spots, competing for those spots, and competing for server ranking / world ranking against each other, then there can never be a "bonus".

The only player for whom a bonus is genuinely a bonus is a player who is not involved in any way in progression. So, unless you just completely dismiss the idea that 3-day guilds are competing against other 3-day guilds, servers where there isn't a "diehard" guild are fighting for "low hour" realm firsts, etc... you have to accept that bonuses are penalties if you don't take them.
11/07/2012 06:25 PMPosted by Arzosah
I feel discriminated against how I play because you want to make us do dailys

calling waffles a breakfast food discriminates against those who eat waffles for lunch
"That thing I don't want to do that would earn me bonus chances at that gear, doesn't earn me bonus chances at that gear!"

Let me know if that's an accurate summary, as well as what you're talking about. o.O

Zarhym, I love you in a bro kind of way *bro fist*

Players aren't forced by Blizzard to grind dailies for elder coins or earn rep for gear. You can just as easily earn better gear by running your dungeons or raids with your Guildies. Getting carried by your friends / guild mates is the easiest way to get your gear. It takes minimal effort.

OP sounds like he wants to be rewarded with something for doing nothing while other players are working hard for their rewards. That's not how the world works and that's not how WoW should work.
11/07/2012 08:21 PMPosted by Keppet
They did what they did as a compromise for people who didn't want to raid to get their gear. People are clearly never happy.

Then they could have simply made daily quests grant VP, random heroics grant like 10 Lesser Charms for the first of the day and 5 for every one after that (or something to that effect) and they would have made everyone happy.

Honestly, it really isn't rocket science.

There's no such thing as a bonus.

Any advantage I can have, that I don't take, is a penalty.

Unless players existed in a vacuum where they weren't being compared against each other for raids spots, competing for those spots, and competing for server ranking / world ranking against each other, then there can never be a "bonus".

The only player for whom a bonus is genuinely a bonus is a player who is not involved in any way in progression. So, unless you just completely dismiss the idea that 3-day guilds are competing against other 3-day guilds, servers where there isn't a "diehard" guild are fighting for "low hour" realm firsts, etc... you have to accept that bonuses are penalties if you don't take them.

QFT.
I would just be happy if the coins worked on older content. There is a point where you'll be geared out until next patch/expansion, why not increase chances to get things with low drop chances if you want. *Rolls dice* Come on Bindings of the Windseeker!
I just spent this weeks coins for gold.

Not much motivation for the next 90 tokens.
Yet, I'll cram in those dailies last min.
11/07/2012 07:10 PMPosted by Tdawg

Dude, man up.

It's a forum post on a gaming forum.

Who cares?

WE. DO. NOT. WANT. THINGS. JUST. HANDED. OUT.

How many times does this need to be said?

I would actually argue that you want something worse. You want the game designed in such a way that all rewards are achievable through any path.

I mean, if fishing were my absolutely favourite activity in WoW and I hated everything else, would it makes sense for me to argue that I should be able to JP/VP/Coin cap through fishing? I would be called a troll if I demanded such a thing, but in reality it's just another variation of the same request--"The game should spit our rewards based on what I want to do, not what the game wants me to do".

Games--particular MMOs--have carrots to spur on desired activities. If we could get everything through a narrow set of playstyles, the game could easily lapse into what it lapsed into in Cata. No one had to leave the home cities, for example, as you could accomplish everything through queuing for LFD/LFR/BGs.