hmm?

General Discussion
Post Limit:
Prev 1 56 57 58 Next
It all comes down to Blizzard's lack of imagination. They have no great ideas so they stuff dailies into the game because it's easy "new content". New patch coming? Oh just a bunch of new dailies and rep to grind.
My biggest issue with dailies is this

Blizzard ALWAYS talks about world of warcraft not being a solo game, and yet all the dailies are is stupid solo content.

Truthfully heres what I would absolutely LOVE to see

Them drastically expand the way to get these coins OTHER than stupid dailies.

For instance you should get them from running heroics, scenarios (seriously I LOVED the idea of scenarios but they are absolutely 1000000% useless in their current state and serve ZERO purpose in the game), maybe pet battle dailies for them (id LOVE this as well), and have a way that you could exchange honor for coins (so people could have a reason to continue to pvp at max level as well)

That way players are able to do the content they actually ENJOY and still get rewarded for it.

Because as is you are basically forced to do daliies if you want to be able to keep up with high level content.

Im not suggesting that they eliminate dailies and or the bonus coins, but rather expand the way these coins can be earned. To you know, stuff that is actually fun
11/09/2012 07:32 AMPosted by Hellvane
It all comes down to Blizzard's lack of imagination. They have no great ideas so they stuff dailies into the game because it's easy "new content". New patch coming? Oh just a bunch of new dailies and rep to grind.

So what are some of your ideas? If we're going to criticize, it needs to be constructive. What else would you be adding?
"Force" implies that there will be negative consequences if one does not do the dailies.

Lack of positive consequences is not the same thing as negative consequences.

Many would argue that lack of progression in any real form for your characters (especially the tradeskills) is definitely a negative. And they would be right.

11/05/2012 07:33 PMPosted by Zarhym
Is the only way to get the Elder Charm Coins is by doing dailys by getting 90 of the good coins and turning them into 3 elder...? that sort of forces u into dailys if so.. because u know people want that extra chance in Raid to get the gear so your know there going do dailys to get a silly coin that doesnt even help one bit gg..

"Gear drops in raids like it always has."
"I like gear like I always have."
"But I want bonus chances at that gear."
"I have to do something to earn bonus chances at that gear?!"
"I don't want to do something to earn bonus chances at that gear!"
"That thing I don't want to do that would earn me bonus chances at that gear, doesn't earn me bonus chances at that gear!"

Let me know if that's an accurate summary, as well as what you're talking about. o.O

"we want people to play the game longer"
"we can not make content fast enough"
"we artificially create walls in game to force people to play longer."
"we lied to our customers about a play it your way expansion"
"we give them no actually options for rep grind"
"we have forgotten how to make game fun"
"we want this game to be your job"
"we have CS reps that act like children toward customers"
"we are god and you must do what we say"

You sir are an !@#$. Please go back to kissing blizzard's behind and do not post if your going to act like a 5 year old. Your game is not fun anymore. You have ruined it for a lot of your customers. Congrats!
11/09/2012 07:58 AMPosted by Tiphoon
You sir are an !@#$. Please go back to kissing blizzard's behind and do not post if your going to act like a 5 year old. Your game is not fun anymore. You have ruined it for a lot of your customers. Congrats!

I think the most interesting phenomenon is the extent to which people are grossly over-estimating the "fun" factor of getting the reputation rewards. I am currently exalted with everything except for August Celestials and Black Prince. The only thing that's changed with my character is that I've 1) managed to boost my ilvl around 5 points, 2) I bought a few mounts, and 3) I got the enchanting recipes.

That's it. There's nothing monumental about it. When I first started the rep grinds I was dreading "needing" to do it on all my alts. I now realize that it's not needed at all, and I won't be doing it again on my alts.

In other words, if I hit a button that made you exalted with everything, your life is barely going to change. Don't convince yourself that this is a life/death situation. Explore the parts of the game that you enjoy, and don't pursue those parts that you don't. If a part of the game you don't enjoy has some rewards attached to it, try to be realistic about how much value those rewards have before panicking.

In other words, if I hit a button that made you exalted with everything, your life is barely going to change. Don't convince yourself that this is a life/death situation. Explore the parts of the game that you enjoy, and don't pursue those parts that you don't. If a part of the game you don't enjoy has some rewards attached to it, try to be realistic about how much value those rewards have before panicking.

The problem is they didnt add any way to progress or do anything quest wise other then dailies. once you finish intro stories for various factions you cant play through a story like the old days. You daily your !@# off for a few weeks to get a couple extra "storyline" quests as you hit each new rank of rep.

It really isnt content. The fact that blizz cant think of anything else to do but add more dailies for 5.1 doesnt make me excited for 5.2, which will probly have 2 new sets of dailies just for a time sink til 5.3.

Yes its an annoying grind to get to exalted. But the fact is once you get the rep you need for any prof patterns it becomes worthless to keep doin dailies so religously everyday. Vp is not useful unless you have the rep to spend it, and unless you want the vanity mounts/pets and things at exalted. Rep itself is worthless after a point. And the elder charms are jsut a gimmick of here do more dailies and you might get something! but 90% of the time its just gold. So its a lil more gold reward for your dailies. Nothing more.

The problem is they didnt add any way to progress or do anything quest wise other then dailies. once you finish intro stories for various factions you cant play through a story like the old days. You daily your !@# off for a few weeks to get a couple extra "storyline" quests as you hit each new rank of rep.

It really isnt content. The fact that blizz cant think of anything else to do but add more dailies for 5.1 doesnt make me excited for 5.2, which will probly have 2 new sets of dailies just for a time sink til 5.3.

Yes its an annoying grind to get to exalted. But the fact is once you get the rep you need for any prof patterns it becomes worthless to keep doin dailies so religously everyday. Vp is not useful unless you have the rep to spend it, and unless you want the vanity mounts/pets and things at exalted. Rep itself is worthless after a point. And the elder charms are jsut a gimmick of here do more dailies and you might get something! but 90% of the time its just gold. So its a lil more gold reward for your dailies. Nothing more.

lol, you want to do something quest wise but you dont want to do quests? how does that even make sense? dailies are exactly that.. if you are a lore person and you want to do more quests finish the loremaster achievements, if you want to keep doing quests daillies are exactly what you want.. lol

I'm not really sure what your underlying criticism is. Slapping on a tabard and getting rep. while doing something else (LFD) isn't "content" either. It's just another grind using existing game mechanics.

What things are you expecting the game to have which aren't currently there?
11/05/2012 07:44 PMPosted by Zarhym
Do I want a tabard that allows me to get credit for doing one type of content, while actually doing another

Doing group content (5mans) for rep to get raid level gear and charms for harder group content = bad.
Doing solo content (dailies) for raid level gear and charms for raids = fine.

11/05/2012 07:44 PMPosted by Zarhym
actually playing the game to improve my character and earn things.

So running group content (5mans) for rep isn't actually playing the game and earning things?

What's sad is I don't even believe that you believe this BS you're spewing here.
11/05/2012 07:33 PMPosted by Zarhym
Is the only way to get the Elder Charm Coins is by doing dailys by getting 90 of the good coins and turning them into 3 elder...? that sort of forces u into dailys if so.. because u know people want that extra chance in Raid to get the gear so your know there going do dailys to get a silly coin that doesnt even help one bit gg..

"That thing I don't want to do that would earn me bonus chances at that gear, doesn't earn me bonus chances at that gear!"

Let me know if that's an accurate summary, as well as what you're talking about. o.O

bahahaha...

"I want an alternative to rep gri... err get lesser charms!"

But yes, currently the only way to get elder charms is through dailies to obtain 90 lessers.
So running group content (5mans) for rep isn't actually playing the game and earning things?

What's sad is I don't even believe that you believe this BS you're spewing here.

The only way it would make sense is if it were similar to TBC, where rep could be gained in an instance ONLY if that instance was logically tied to the faction. For example, doing Arcatraz gained you Sha'Tar rep.

The Cata model, on the other hand, made no sense at all, where rep was tied to the tabard you were wearing. You were essentially getting rep for killing mobs that had nothing to do with the faction at all. While it was ridiculously convenient, it made no sense as far as game design goes.
11/09/2012 10:05 AMPosted by Gorganis
The Cata model, on the other hand, made no sense at all, where rep was tied to the tabard you were wearing. You were essentially getting rep for killing mobs that had nothing to do with the faction at all. While it was ridiculously convenient, it made no sense as far as game design goes.

1) I'm not 100% against specific 5mans giving specific rep. It wouldn't be my first choice but it would be a significant improvement over what we currently have.

2) What's ridiculous to me is doing 5mans and raids that ARE associated with certain factions and getting zero rep for it. How does that make sense?
11/09/2012 07:47 AMPosted by Gorganis

So what are some of your ideas? If we're going to criticize, it needs to be constructive. What else would you be adding?

It's not my job to come up with ideas.

That's what we pay Blizzard to do, to come up with creative new ways to play the game, not the same old boring dailies added with each patch and them push it as awesome new content when it's not.
These are accurate u say dailys are optional yet give us no other way to get Rep or coins u say this is.

Not a solo game yet u made dailys the only choice for Rep and tokens and that is solo content.

U say its play it your way,............unless u want Rep and coins then you have to do it blizzards designed way or don't do it at all because dailys are. "Optional™" seems to be a fav of blizzard employees well of course it optional for hardcore raiders they can clear it in 463 gear because they have the time. For the casual raiding guild this simply is not enough and we don't have the time to dedicate for the kill also we don't have the luxury of a perfect comp every time we feel like it. Also

We play it our way until we want any daily hidden recipes
we play it our way until we want banquets for our guild

Optional. Is subjective. And the opinion of a company that says "play it your way" then doesn't give an option for Rep and coins and profession recipes u fixed a problem that wasn't broken u want people to enjoy the game. Well for people like me that have done your previous Rep grinds dailys aren't actually fun for me. On my account I have. Played 6. Years and been through the Bc Rep grind and the vinnila Rep grind

Rep was fine if its not broken don't fix it
I like the system, except there is nothing to do with extra coins. Be nice if there was a vendor you spend the lesser ones at even if it's just silly stuff like pets or toys
true the grinding is like 1/100 drop chance
11/09/2012 07:58 AMPosted by Tiphoon

"we artificially create walls in game to force people to play longer."
"we have CS reps that act like children toward customers"
"we are god and you must do what we say"

Honestly, I've noticed this since day 1. The ONLY reason for a VP cap? So you can't just earn endless VP in one week and get all your gear and deck out your character and get bored and stop playing. The ONLY reason dailies are limited the way they are? So you can't grind rep up in one day and get your character geared and get bored and stop playing. The ONLY reason the VP gear is hidden behind the rep wall? To force you to spend many days grinding rep in order to get the VP gear if you're having no luck in raids. LFR gear isn't as good as VP gear, btw, so why even do LFR when grinding out rep can get you better gear? Because LFR is faster.

Basically, anything that's quick and easy to do, doesn't reward you with much of anything for decent progression. Anything that gives you higher level items takes forever because of a forced wall of limitations that serve no other purpose than to artificially extend a gamer's playtime. I'm exalted with all but the Anglers, Golden Lotus (and will be exalted with them tomorrow), Shado-Pan, and August Celestials. If they hadn't artificially walled off Shado-Pan and August Celestials I'd likely be exalted with them tomorrow as well. This artificial wall forcing one grind after another, limiting the amount of VP gear a player can purchase in a given week, etc. is all just a way to create the illusion of content. If I can grind through your expansion in a matter of days, that's fine, but making it so that if I want to get nicer items it will take me a larger number of days, while charging a monthly subscription, reeks of bull!@#$.

Earning something is fine. If I'm forced to find eggs (which I was happy was brought back by the way) in order to quickly grind up rep, that's fine. At least I have a repeatable quest that I can do all day long if I feel like it. That's earning something. Forcing me to only do X number of quests per day (even if they change each day) and then be capped out in rep for that day is artificially extending my playtime to get you more money. It's seriously that obvious. I have no other way to earn rep for Shado-Pan, August Celestials, or Anglers than to do 4 dailies each. That means it will take a set number of days to become exalted with them. Golden Lotus, I can kill mobs for keys and get rep. Klaxxi I can kill mobs for crystals and get rep. Sure, horrible drop rates on those, but at least I have a way to get a little more rep toward it, and grind it out a bit faster. But Shado-Pan, August Celestials, Anglers... They're designed to make the game take longer to progress through. It's not content. It's a set timeline to get more sub money.