hmm?

General Discussion
Prev 1 7 8 9 58 Next
if gold is useless I'll gladly take all yours, I could really use it for lots of things :D
11/05/2012 08:22 PMPosted by Naiyr
[quote]
I log into the game everyday, and I never log out feeling like I made no progress. I can't say the same about my time in Cataclysm.

Your idea of progress is very different then mine, and I'm guessing a lot of other peoples.

Making something slower to get isn't content
Making something repeatable isn't content

"There's nothing to do" is just as bad as "All I have to do is dailies".

You guys have solved nothing but provided a way to create the illusion of content through repeat nonsense. Likely the reason I have 300 days played, 98% of which are from WoW --> end of WoTLK.

If, supposedly, 98% of your playtime was spent from Vanilla to Wrath, then tell me...

1). You didn't have anything against Vanilla's atrocious grindfests? Forget dailies, they had repeatable quests where NPCs had blue ?s above their head and you got nothing except for something stupid like 50 rep for 50 items that drop off of mobs that took a lot longer than 10 seconds to kill back in Vanilla.

2). You didn't have anything against running the same stupid dungeons over and over and over again (plus Karazhan) for Badges of Justice in TBC? No LFD there, you had to have a guild and/or get lucky with the Looking For Group/Trade Channels. You killed the same crap over and over and over again for your badges. Talk about repetition. Oh, and if you wanted to actually get your reps up? lol. How about clearing a whole dungeon and getting like 1k rep... have fun clearing that dungeon some 40 times to get Exalted. OH, and you couldn't even get into those Heroics without a KEY which required Honored. Some (Lower City/Sha'tar) you couldn't get without running NORMAL dungeons several times. Said Normals rewarded nothing relevant to a 70.

3). You didn't have anything against Wrath's "Must do dailies for helm/shoulder enchants"? You wanted a Shoulder Enchant? Have fun with Sons of Hodir dailies, brah. Same dailies, every single day. And it took FOREVER to get Exalted with them back then. This was before the Relics of Ulduar turn-ins, btw. No Tabards for them IIRC.

You act like "Repetition" and "Grind" is something they just added in MoP. In MoP, they give you a lot of flavors, and they randomize it, mix it up, and make them a lot less repetitive. Yes, there's dailies. However, the dailies tend to be different every day.

You are one of most consistently rude and condescending CM's. What shocks me is how unprofessional your replies are to players who, while not as articulate as you, wish to raise concerns in the official forums.
I don't agree with OP, but your post and many others like it are way out of line and below the standard that players and blizzard expects of it's employees

So you prefer a CM that is all corporate double-speech laced with sugar coat that respond with canned response?

"Dear Zavala, We appreciate your feedback and will be passing that on to our developers, please feel free to voice your concerns on the forum. Have a good day" Copy-paste response like the in-game GM?

Oh please, !@#$ about professionalism and such. We want a human being here being Community Manager, not a robot that copy-paste.

A CM that doesn't rip into or mock a forum posters response is what I would like to see more of. You can approach a post with professionalism and humour very easily, you shouldn't approach it with cynicism and venom. There is a standard that is expected of CM's and I don't think the post was informative or necessary. Simple as that

[quote]I dont like daily's so much myself... but i do them because i want the valor gear. That being said, i wont be doing them on any alts and not sure if i ever will (even after rep changes).

Id like to know why my tank (who wont do dailys) gets Valor for the 5 mans and scenario's but cant use it on anything unless i do daily's. This makes no sense to me ....

Play how i want? What a crock ...

It is called Double-Dipping.

Back in Cataclysm, if you wanted ANYTHING PvE, you had to do nothing but Heroics and Raids. Heroics and Raids, Heroics and Raids, Heroics and Raids... dailies weren't good for anything other than Helm and Shoulder enchants once you got past the first raid tier (rep rewards were worthless).

Then 4.2 came out, and the only thing you "needed" dailies for, was 465 gear and some crafting patterns.

Still, Heroics and Raids.

Then 4.3 came, and... yup, Heroics and Raids.

Now, MoP comes out and the devs are scratching their heads going "Okay so you run a dungeon and get JP/VP... and you buy gear. You get drops from the heroics, you can buy justice gear, and you can buy valor gear. This doesn't make much sense."

Not to mention how many players were saying "All this game is anymore is 'sit in SW/Org and Queue up all day long" and they were right -- you got max gear by... yes... sitting in SW/Org with your Queue on.

Now, they're asking you to leave the city and DO THINGS in the game world other than Queue up for dungeons and now it is "BLAAAAAAH I WANT TO SIT IN TOWN AND DO NOTHING BUT HEROICS FOR FREE PURPLES!!!"

*rolls eyes*

Thanks for the reply, but there is no need to rolls eyes me .... I never complained about running dungeons, i like it. The casual aspect is great for me, and the game is still somewhat dynamic. Its only fair that i now get to state my opinion, its a discussion forum after all.

Still, you didnt really answer my question. Why would they award valor (they just increased the first of the day award also) for 5 mans if it wasnt their intent for you to use said valor on gear? But i cant, because im not doing daily's on alts.

Rather than a rep increase to the account, they should give us tokens for the last quest in the daily series to increase rep based on the alts current standing. Think the mogu cache at the end of the GL dailys.....

That way ill still do the dailys on the char i like doing them on, but my alts arnt punished for not partaking.
11/05/2012 08:30 PMPosted by Zavala
A CM that doesn't rip into or mock a forum posters response is what I would like to see more of. You can approach a post with professionalism and humour very easily, you shouldn't approach it with cynicism and venom. There is a standard that is expected of CM's and I don't think the post was informative or necessary. Simple as that

If a OP isn't going to show the same respect then why bother being nice to them?
11/05/2012 08:25 PMPosted by Onionrings
Except it is overwhelming. Every day I don't finish all of my dailies, I feel like I've missed out. That I'm now behind where I could be. And how do I catch up? I don't. I'll never catch up, I'll always be behind. This puts an overwhelming burden on completing every daily every day. And each day I don't meet these goals set by the game, it's demotivating. Why keep trying since I'll never catch up?

Just how many dailies do you do? All you have to do to keep up with valor is pick a faction, golden lotus is best since it opens up the other two, and do 5 dailies for them each day. At 5dailies per day you will hit revered in 5 weeks, same amount of time it takes to get the valor you need to buy the three items GL sells. At this point you pick another faction and do their 5 dailies. Yes we know dailies are a huge change from cata tabards for rep, but its not that hard to keep up.
The whole "coin" thing is fine but I know have 274 lesser charm of good fortune and 9 elder charm of good fortune! WTH am I gonna do with all these lesser ones? Can't trade them in, not yet geared enough for raids(spending way too much time doing dailies with no time left for heroics!)!!!! So what good are they other then taking up space(2slots) in my bag?!?!?!
11/05/2012 08:32 PMPosted by Arkthan
Except it is overwhelming. Every day I don't finish all of my dailies, I feel like I've missed out. That I'm now behind where I could be. And how do I catch up? I don't. I'll never catch up, I'll always be behind. This puts an overwhelming burden on completing every daily every day. And each day I don't meet these goals set by the game, it's demotivating. Why keep trying since I'll never catch up?

Just how many dailies do you do? All you have to do to keep up with valor is pick a faction, golden lotus is best since it opens up the other two, and do 5 dailies for them each day. At 5dailies per day you will hit revered in 5 weeks, same amount of time it takes to get the valor you need to buy the three items GL sells. At this point you pick another faction and do their 5 dailies. Yes we know dailies are a huge change from cata tabards for rep, but its not that hard to keep up.

Except you are capped at 3k so after the 3rd week you are losing out on valor...
11/05/2012 08:17 PMPosted by Zarhym

Zarhym admits he/she doesn't want to do dailies. What can we infer out of this? Devs admit they aren't fun. Which they aren't.

Maybe once. Maybe twice. Heck, I'll even go three times. But past that? Pfffffft.

I don't like it when my words are twisted. I put sentences together to convey a cohesive thought, so I'd prefer if you read them in context.

I said I don't want to do dailies all day everyday either. I do dailies. I enjoy being able to earn my reputation. I appreciate that the system is designed to allow me to do a little bit of whatever I want to do each week without feeling overwhelmed. As soon as I capped Valor this week, I stopped running dailies and focused on other things. I'll wait until the weekly reset to pick up where I left off to get the full reward of completing each daily. Those factions aren't going anywhere. I log into the game everyday, and I never log out feeling like I made no progress. I can't say the same about my time in Cataclysm.

I have no problem or objection to doing dailies. I enjoy them. Always have.

But the valor cap is set so low, it's a shame to see valor not earned when it could be. I'm still doing dailies for rep gain, but because I'm at the cap, I don't get the full value including the valor points. It's a bummer when you're close to having enough for a purchase, and don't get the valor just because you're at the 1k cap.

And... guess I should say this... I'm drowning in lesser charms. I've got like five or six stacks of them, and they're taking up bag space. Would be a huge help if it was made a currency I didn't have to carry around in my bags. I've earned so many, but can only turn in half a stack per week, so they keep piling up and spilling over into bag slots.
11/05/2012 07:38 PMPosted by Fubukie

"Gear drops in raids like it always has."
"I like gear like I always have."
"But I want bonus chances at that gear."
"I have to do something to earn bonus chances at that gear?!"
"I don't want to do something to earn bonus chances at that gear!"
"That thing I don't want to do that would earn me bonus chances at that gear, doesn't earn me bonus chances at that gear!"

Let me know if that's an accurate summary, as well as what you're talking about. o.O

Why is every post I see made by you some snarky remark? Very unbecoming and unprofessional behavior. OP's concern: Very valid. I'm also sick of this horrible solo content (100 dailies / day) shoved down my throat.

Agreed. Respond to a frustrated player by poking fun... nice management.
-50DKP for World of Dailies from me.
Being objective is the key here, I think.

Is WoW forcing you to do Dailies?
Technically, No.

Do you get advantages if you do Dailies?
Technically, Yes.

Do Dailies suck?
Objectively, no (but neither is it "good")

Subjectively, many people hate Dailies. Understandable.

Instead of complaining that Dailies suck, offer your subjective opinion on what might be a good alternative.

"This is bad" gives the developers absolutely no information on what people want. "I would prefer to do X, Y, or Z" gives the developers information about what people want.

In addition,
"most", "everyone", and other quantifiers are all suspect. You could look through the whole forum database and find out 90% of posters don't like something. Well, generally, that's because people come to the forums to bring their issues forward. Don't walk into a hospital and start screaming about an epidemic because everyone is sick. In a hospital, most people are sick. On the forums, there are many people with problems (and many again with the same problems). Does not mean the whole game is broken.

Gold is useless

VP is only useful if you aren't raiding and need the gear, most of which is useless by the time you have the rep for it.

Charms are nice, but useless to guilds that could careless about LFR faceroll.

Sick, I sure have lots of space for more gold, I am sure your guildies too.

Be sure to ditch those useless gold to anyone asking, it sure is useless /snicker
11/05/2012 07:38 PMPosted by Fubukie

"Gear drops in raids like it always has."
"I like gear like I always have."
"But I want bonus chances at that gear."
"I have to do something to earn bonus chances at that gear?!"
"I don't want to do something to earn bonus chances at that gear!"
"That thing I don't want to do that would earn me bonus chances at that gear, doesn't earn me bonus chances at that gear!"

Let me know if that's an accurate summary, as well as what you're talking about. o.O

Why is every post I see made by you some snarky remark? Very unbecoming and unprofessional behavior. OP's concern: Very valid. I'm also sick of this horrible solo content (100 dailies / day) shoved down my throat.

These people aren't your hired "help", and they're not politicians, they're human beings. They aren't here to get you refills, you are renting the privilege to experience the things Blizzard enjoys making. If you're not going to make intelligent criticism, expect some sarcasm from people who are smarter than you are. And don't whine about it when you were being insulting in the first place.

Any iota of possible blood in the water makes you sort frenzy like piranha, you live to point out errors in anyone with a tad bit of status or reputation, to an unfair and inconsistent degree.

They aren't government workers, they're game makers. They don't need your money if you don't want to give it to them no matter how much you want to pretend enough people feel like you that Blizzard would feel it if you took your money elsewhere.
Still, you didnt really answer my question. Why would they award valor (they just increased the first of the day award also) for 5 mans if it wasnt their intent for you to use said valor on gear? But i cant, because im not doing daily's on alts.

They want to encourage you to do Both Dungeons _and_ Dailies.

Is that so hard to understand?

Seriously, now. They want you to try as many different forms of WoW as possible. If you seriously do not want to do the dailies, then fine. Don't spend your Valor on gear (You can instead use Valor to upgrade gear in 5.1, no dailies required). It isn't required.

You can easily go from Heroics to LFR to Raiding without doing a single daily quest.

Will you benefit from doing dailies? Oh heck yes. That's the intent -- they want players to do both Dungeons and Dailies instead of doing the same thing over and over again.

Don't want to do dailies every day? Then don't. Do dailies on Day 1, do a couple Heroics on Day 2, do some dailies on Day 3, etc.
11/05/2012 08:34 PMPosted by Rangikuu
Except you are capped at 3k so after the 3rd week you are losing out on valor

you are honored in less than two weeks and can buy the honored piece of gear. Any lost valor after that will be less than what you are losing by capping and not doing dailies.
11/05/2012 08:35 PMPosted by Wínter
Agreed. Respond to a frustrated player by poking fun... nice management.

There's frustration and then there's just posting stupid stuff that's been heard a million times because a player is lazy.
11/05/2012 08:35 PMPosted by Altimax
And... guess I should say this... I'm drowning in lesser charms. I've got like five or six stacks of them, and they're taking up bag space. Would be a huge help if it was made a currency I didn't have to carry around in my bags. I've earned so many, but can only turn in half a stack per week, so they keep piling up and spilling over into bag slots.

They will become a currency in 5.1 patch.
I hated dailies too.. until I realized that I had unlocked a bunch of upgrades and couldn't buy them because there is a finite number of VP you can get each week to purchase the gear.

It's pointless to kill yourself with dailies.

I put pen to paper and figured out what I needed to do in order to cap VP, collect my little coins, and boost a little rep... and have done only that. I work on only one rep a day. My chores, including herbing, fishing and farming, are done in about 40 minutes. If I skip a few days, then I do a few extra dailies on another day.

If you find yourself overwhelmed or feeling "forced", go grab a pen and make a plan.
If, supposedly, 98% of your playtime was spent from Vanilla to Wrath, then tell me...

1). You didn't have anything against Vanilla's atrocious grindfests? Forget dailies, they had repeatable quests where NPCs had blue ?s above their head and you got nothing except for something stupid like 50 rep for 50 items that drop off of mobs that took a lot longer than 10 seconds to kill back in Vanilla.

2). You didn't have anything against running the same stupid dungeons over and over and over again (plus Karazhan) for Badges of Justice in TBC? No LFD there, you had to have a guild and/or get lucky with the Looking For Group/Trade Channels. You killed the same crap over and over and over again for your badges. Talk about repetition. Oh, and if you wanted to actually get your reps up? lol. How about clearing a whole dungeon and getting like 1k rep... have fun clearing that dungeon some 40 times to get Exalted. OH, and you couldn't even get into those Heroics without a KEY which required Honored. Some (Lower City/Sha'tar) you couldn't get without running NORMAL dungeons several times. Said Normals rewarded nothing relevant to a 70.

3). You didn't have anything against Wrath's "Must do dailies for helm/shoulder enchants"? You wanted a Shoulder Enchant? Have fun with Sons of Hodir dailies, brah. Same dailies, every single day. And it took FOREVER to get Exalted with them back then. This was before the Relics of Ulduar turn-ins, btw. No Tabards for them IIRC.

You act like "Repetition" and "Grind" is something they just added in MoP. In MoP, they give you a lot of flavors, and they randomize it, mix it up, and make them a lot less repetitive. Yes, there's dailies. However, the dailies tend to be different every day.

1. No. The vanilla grinds were on my schedule, not limited to 15 minutes a day.
2. I loved running Kara and dungeons. I was having a blast with friends. I was still running them on my resto shaman well after the BoJ rewards were all useless.
3. Everfrost chips allowed skipping dailies, and I took advantage of them a lot. Not sure what you're talking about with the Relics of Ulduar since those just bought a cool "become a dwarf" item, but that thing was dirt cheap anyways.