hmm?

General Discussion
Post Limit:
Prev 1 8 9 10 58 Next
QUOTING MYSELF FOR TRUTH
11/05/2012 07:50 PMPosted by Eizza
You can farm Guo-Lai cache keys which open up Guo-Lai caches. The caches usually contain four lesser charms of good fortune. The keys are about a 1% drop rate so you will need to kill about 2,300 vale of eternal blossoms NPCs each week to get yourself 3 elder charms of good fortune without having to do a single daily. Happy farming.
11/05/2012 08:36 PMPosted by Arkthan
Except you are capped at 3k so after the 3rd week you are losing out on valor

you are honored in a week and can buy the honored piece of gear. Any lost valor after that will be less than what you are losing by capping and not doing dailies.

this holds true for golden lotus, but not for unlocking golden lotus and then shadow pan or celestials, then you are sitting on vp and still having to do the work without some of the reward

IMO it would be better if either VP and JP were BOA or all the gear they purchase was
Just how many dailies do you do? All you have to do to keep up with valor is pick a faction, golden lotus is best since it opens up the other two, and do 5 dailies for them each day. At 5dailies per day you will hit revered in 5 weeks, same amount of time it takes to get the valor you need to buy the three items GL sells. At this point you pick another faction and do their 5 dailies. Yes we know dailies are a huge change from cata tabards for rep, but its not that hard to keep up.

I do GL, Klaxxi, Tiller's, Angler's, Shado-Pan, and AC, after a couple of nights of egg farming I was able to finish off Cloud Serpents. I'm well past "kept up with valor". Just because valor is capped, doesn't mean the rep is. Which is something else that's pretty disheartening about dailies, I'm getting the charms that are all but useless since I've already got more than enough to last forever, and I'm not gaining more valor because of yet another lousy gating system, and all I get for my time is a pittance of rep. It would be nice if there was some kind of VP>gold conversion once we capped for the week. Or you know, just get rid of the 1k/week VP cap.
QUOTING MYSELF FOR TRUTH
You can farm Guo-Lai cache keys which open up Guo-Lai caches. The caches usually contain four lesser charms of good fortune. The keys are about a 1% drop rate so you will need to kill about 2,300 vale of eternal blossoms NPCs each week to get yourself 3 elder charms of good fortune without having to do a single daily. Happy farming.

got 4 keys never seen a cache...
11/05/2012 08:41 PMPosted by Rangikuu
Blizz recently made it so they spawn all over the Guo-Lai halls so even if you haven't opened up all the bonus rooms you can use up your keys. They are giant gold ark of the covenant looking chests literally all over the place down there.

Zarhym admits he/she doesn't want to do dailies. What can we infer out of this? Devs admit they aren't fun. Which they aren't.

Maybe once. Maybe twice. Heck, I'll even go three times. But past that? Pfffffft.

I don't like it when my words are twisted. I put sentences together to convey a cohesive thought, so I'd prefer if you read them in context.

I said I don't want to do dailies all day everyday either. I do dailies. I enjoy being able to earn my reputation. I appreciate that the system is designed to allow me to do a little bit of whatever I want to do each week without feeling overwhelmed. As soon as I capped Valor this week, I stopped running dailies and focused on other things. I'll wait until the weekly reset to pick up where I left off to get the full reward of completing each daily. Those factions aren't going anywhere. I log into the game everyday, and I never log out feeling like I made no progress. I can't say the same about my time in Cataclysm.

What about those of us who have been good little hamsters running your daily treadmill but loathe the idea of doing that grind multiple times on alts? What if a great portion of our enjoyment of the game comes from playing our alts and advancing them but we're stonewalled by the mountain of dailies preventing us from spending our valor or getting rep recipes thus making some of us feel like playing our alts is a waste of time? What if some of us end up just not bothering with our alts because swallowing broken glass seems more pleasurable than the idea of grinding those factions again even with your "rep bonus" because the whole point is WE DONT WANT TO DO DAILIES AGAIN.

Why is the suggestion that myself and several others put forth to simply make the exalted tabards boa and grant dungeon rep to reward those who grind the rep to exalted via dailies on their main by offering an alternative method of earning rep for their alts just completely off the table?

Why is the next content patch yet another daily rep grind with items my main will not need but alts who could benefit from them will never have access to BECAUSE I REFUSE TO DO THE DAILY GRIND A SECOND TIME?

Your dev team seriously need to consider hiring a psychologist to review some of your design decisions. You keep spouting "optional" and "you dont have to do them or do all of them every day!" which clearly says to me at least that you haven't been paying attention to player behavior and trends.

My alts are the ones who've always benefited most from valor and rep items because my main gets to advance via other ways. But my main is the one I invest the most effort into and am willing to suffer through painful rep grinds through because she's the one that has to have the little green bars full :P However with this new model you're pushing I cannot advance my alts the way I previously did because the idea of cutting my wrists a second time via your daily jamboree is abhorrent. Thus my desire to play my alts has diminished to nothing. I have no incentive to play them because I cannot advance them. I cannot advance them because the only method of advancing them is locked behind reps I will never progress because I WILL NOT GO THROUGH THESE DAILIES AGAIN.

So when I run out of stuff to do with my main as I inevitably will I will not have my alts to jump to for something fresh and different because I cannot advance my alts in a manner that * I * enjoy. And that leaves me with no recourse but to simply stop subscribing because why should I pay for a product that doesn't entertain me anymore? I don't want to unsub. I want to play the game. I want to advance my alts as well as my main. I cannot advance my alts in a manner that I find enjoyable. Doubling rep gains for my alts does NOTHING to help me because double rep means squat if I still have to do friggin dailies to get the rep in the first place.

Why is every post I see made by you some snarky remark? Very unbecoming and unprofessional behavior. OP's concern: Very valid. I'm also sick of this horrible solo content (100 dailies / day) shoved down my throat.

Agreed. Respond to a frustrated player by poking fun... nice management.
-50DKP for World of Dailies from me.

He's a CM responding to a player who wasn't acting very professional. After days of seeing posts by people, trying their hardest to convince people that "dailies are forced on everyone". Poking holes into you alls "forced" theory, in a language you understand and speak fluently, was very appropriate.

He even told you theorists how to manage your time better... I would think a thank you is the correct response.

=D
11/05/2012 08:43 PMPosted by Eizza
Blizz recently made it so they spawn all over the Guo-Lai halls so even if you haven't opened up all the bonus rooms you can use up your keys. They are giant gold ark of the covenant looking chests literally all over the place down there.

Must have been after I gave up on golden lotus >.< of course
11/05/2012 08:44 PMPosted by Kyriani
What about those of us who have been good little hamsters running your daily treadmill but loathe the idea of doing that grind multiple times on alts?

Once you get revered on one toon your others get boosted rep points. The Pug Blue posted on that issue.
11/05/2012 08:30 PMPosted by Lohfal

Your idea of progress is very different then mine, and I'm guessing a lot of other peoples.

Making something slower to get isn't content
Making something repeatable isn't content

"There's nothing to do" is just as bad as "All I have to do is dailies".

You guys have solved nothing but provided a way to create the illusion of content through repeat nonsense. Likely the reason I have 300 days played, 98% of which are from WoW --> end of WoTLK.

If, supposedly, 98% of your playtime was spent from Vanilla to Wrath, then tell me...

1). You didn't have anything against Vanilla's atrocious grindfests? Forget dailies, they had repeatable quests where NPCs had blue ?s above their head and you got nothing except for something stupid like 50 rep for 50 items that drop off of mobs that took a lot longer than 10 seconds to kill back in Vanilla.

2). You didn't have anything against running the same stupid dungeons over and over and over again (plus Karazhan) for Badges of Justice in TBC? No LFD there, you had to have a guild and/or get lucky with the Looking For Group/Trade Channels. You killed the same crap over and over and over again for your badges. Talk about repetition. Oh, and if you wanted to actually get your reps up? lol. How about clearing a whole dungeon and getting like 1k rep... have fun clearing that dungeon some 40 times to get Exalted. OH, and you couldn't even get into those Heroics without a KEY which required Honored. Some (Lower City/Sha'tar) you couldn't get without running NORMAL dungeons several times. Said Normals rewarded nothing relevant to a 70.

3). You didn't have anything against Wrath's "Must do dailies for helm/shoulder enchants"? You wanted a Shoulder Enchant? Have fun with Sons of Hodir dailies, brah. Same dailies, every single day. And it took FOREVER to get Exalted with them back then. This was before the Relics of Ulduar turn-ins, btw. No Tabards for them IIRC.

You act like "Repetition" and "Grind" is something they just added in MoP. In MoP, they give you a lot of flavors, and they randomize it, mix it up, and make them a lot less repetitive. Yes, there's dailies. However, the dailies tend to be different every day.

1. Nope, because I didn't even hit 60 until TBC was on the horizon. I think many fail to remember that 1-60 didn't take the 1 day /played it takes now, especially on a PVP server.

2. I played TBC with friends and other people online, it's crazy how much more fun an online game is when you play it like an online game and not a single player game with trolling NPCs. I loved Kara, loved doing it every week. While certain things like the atonement system needed some work, it was far better then what we have now. The content was fresh and fun and it was actually hard....and I don't mean like now a days "hard". In TBC bosses took skill and were challenges. Now bosses are three steps:

- Do you out gear it? Check
- Are you standing in <random crap>? No? Check
- Can you keep it up for 20 minutes? Check

short skillful fights are fun, neat event fights are fun, long stupid "can you keep doing this for 20 minutes" is boring as hell.

3. I also check to see what helm enchant vendor gave me the one I needed and tried to quest there, most of the time I'd have revered before I hit max level or soon after. As for shoulder enchants, I rarely got the ones beyond the blue one simply because daily quests are awful. Plus, there's always inscription.

Rep and grinds aren't something they just "Added", but the core difference is in Vanilla, TBC and event WoTLK, WoW was must "newer" and hadn't worn on people yet. It's like doing a painfully mind numbing job over and over every day, except it lasts for 8 years.

If your next question is "Then why do you still play?" I rarely do anymore, but I don't mind paying $15 a month for the here and there that I do...
1. No. The vanilla grinds were on my schedule, not limited to 15 minutes a day.

So... you'd rather grind for hours and hours and hours and hours instead of 10-15min here-and-there?

Um.......... that's perhaps the weirdest thing posted in this thread, yet.

2. I loved running Kara and dungeons. I was having a blast with friends. I was still running them on my resto shaman well after the BoJ rewards were all useless.

*shrugs* Not everyone enjoyed doing the same crap over and over and over again. Kinda like how you talk about dailies. I think running the same dungeons repeatedly gets old, you think dailies get old. You think dungeons are awesome, I think dailies are cool.

Get the point yet?

3. Everfrost chips allowed skipping dailies, and I took advantage of them a lot. Not sure what you're talking about with the Relics of Ulduar since those just bought a cool "become a dwarf" item, but that thing was dirt cheap anyways.

Relics of Ulduar at first were not a rep turn-in for SoH. A few patches later, they allowed you to turn in Relics for SoH rep. And Everfrost Chips? Are you serious? During the entirety of Wrath, I've seen maybe two of the stupid things because they were like Netherwing Eggs were in TBC -- camped to all Hell and back. People flying around for hours doing nothing but scouring Stormpeaks for Chips.
11/05/2012 07:44 PMPosted by Zarhym
Lol ok the point is everyone dont wanna do dailys all day every dam day : ) kk thanks. i dont mind grinding rep dont get me wrong gives me something to do... but having to do dailys to gain the rep is load of crap. tabard ftw.. gg.

Sounds good. I suggest not doing dailies all day everyday if you don't want to, then. I don't want to either. If I want to have additional pulls of the slot machine when I'm in a raid though, I'll decide if the cost is worth it, or if I'll just take my standard one shot at a boss's loot table per week.

Do I want a tabard that allows me to get credit for doing one type of content, while actually doing another (which, by itself, earns me gold and chances at loot)? It'd save me time, sure. There are so many things about endgame progression that could be changed to save me time, enough so that I wouldn't have to worry about enjoying actually playing the game to improve my character and earn things.

I do not want a tabard in order to earn rewards for content that I am not doing. But since I raid, I also do not want to do content that I don't enjoy in order to earn rewards in raids. I'll gladly work for them, but connecting raid rewards to raid content would be nice and in line with the apparent stance of "not earning credit for one kind of content by doing another".
11/05/2012 08:25 PMPosted by Onionrings
I appreciate that the system is designed to allow me to do a little bit of whatever I want to do each week without feeling overwhelmed.

Except it is overwhelming. Every day I don't finish all of my dailies, I feel like I've missed out. That I'm now behind where I could be. And how do I catch up? I don't. I'll never catch up, I'll always be behind. This puts an overwhelming burden on completing every daily every day. And each day I don't meet these goals set by the game, it's demotivating. Why keep trying since I'll never catch up?

My valor is capped for the week, my charms are capped for the next several weeks, and every post I make or read I'm feeling more and more behind schedule. But I've fallen so far behind now, that I don't want to try and catch up.

Just like with all other games I play, I don't choose to measure how my time is spent in the game -- or whether or not I'm enjoying it -- against the players in STARS, Vodka, Blood Legion, or any of the other hardcore guilds out there, or the people who can devote hours upon hours more time to this game than me.

I don't think you should either. Sure, I know people have commitments to friends and guilds. There are social expectations and demands put on players to be at a certain progression point, or completing X/Y/Z every week in order to be included in raids.

If the goal is to be entertained by playing a game and you're not meeting that goal, it's totally fair to reassess things -- whether that means looking at what kind of stresses you impose on yourself, who you're playing with, what you're doing with your time in the game, and maybe even your time spent with the game itself.

But, from your post, it sounds like the pressure you feel comes from within. And I honestly have to wonder why. I don't mean to be a downer, but you'll likely never be on the cutting edge of clearing content as soon as it's possible to do so. And by the way, these endgame progression systems weren't modeled around that being the assumed standard way the general population plays the game. Spoiler: It's not how the general population plays the game.

Leading up to Mists, we talked a lot about having as many options as possible for players to play how they want to. That means you have a lot of choices, and some of them will provide you with extra advantages in other pieces of content (bonus rolls, VP loot from factions, etc.). Regardless of your opinion on our delivery, I think it's fair to say we really did give people a lot of choices. But if the standard mentality is, "I must do ALL THE THINGS if I can," rather than, "I must do all the things I find fun that will progress my character, time permitting" you'll surely feel overwhelmed.
I LIKE FREAKING TURTLES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Also, those of you saying Forum mods should not act snarky/such, may I remind you they are human too?

It's not like they don't feel the same emotions everyone else does.

Plus, when someone insults the company that you work for, and insults you, tell me YOU won't get defensive.
I do not want a tabard in order to earn rewards for content that I am not doing. But since I raid, I also do not want to do content that I don't enjoy in order to earn rewards in raids. I'll gladly work for them, but connecting raid rewards to raid content would be nice and in line with the apparent stance of "not earning credit for one kind of content by doing another".

It is also called "Double-Dipping".

Why should you raid, get drops from boss kills -AND- be able to BUY purples at the same time with zero extra effort?

Why even have a world outside of Stormwind City or Orgrimmar (or 7S/2M)? Why not make the entire game played by the Queue system like it was during Cataclysm?

Because it is freaking boring, that's why.
11/05/2012 08:45 PMPosted by Rangikuu

Must have been after I gave up on golden lotus >.< of course

well I wouldnt say everywhere, but at least i did find one and know what they look like now :) Thanks!
Damn Zaryhm you are on a roll today!

Keep it up! Preach that message! We love you for it!

Im happy to do dailies and work towards gear and use charms and rep.
However No offense but i think i preferred the trade/ninjas over the stupidty of charms.
Did Sha today won gloves then it popped asking if wanted to use bonus roll i did hey another pair of gloves so 2 pairs of gloves with ones equipped already all the same GG.

Same rubbish happens in Lfr get same gear already have. Total waste of charms yes definately prefer a trade system and the annoying loot ninjas least i knew what i was rolling on.

I would admit that they need to address these concerns, however, that's not even the subject of the OP. He's talking about methods of obtaining coins, not the absurdity of winning the same item 3 times in a row.
11/05/2012 08:50 PMPosted by Lohfal

It is also called "Double-Dipping".

Why should you raid, get drops from boss kills -AND- be able to BUY purples at the same time with zero extra effort?

Why even have a world outside of Stormwind City or Orgrimmar (or 7S/2M)? Why not make the entire game played by the Queue system like it was during Cataclysm?

Because it is freaking boring, that's why.

I'm not terribly interested in Valor purples, and I'm not interested in extra rewards without extra effort. I'm okay with the daily system: I don't like them, I don't do a lot of them, and I don't care that I'm not earning the rewards tied to them. I simply want the rewards specifically for raids to be tied specifically to raiding.