BM is garbage for pvp.

Hunter
11/15/2012 02:38 PMPosted by Fookî
all they need to do is make it to where your pet can jump off a ledge to follow either you or your target. it's ridiculous how they run aaaallllll the way around to get back to you or the target. let it follow you over the ledge or jump with the target.

One of the MAIN reasons I switched from Lynx Rush to Blink Strike. I switched when I heard Lynx was gettin changed so I could get used to it. To get your pet to "jump" down you had to spam pet passive, and even then it didnt always work. With blink strike on blades edge arena for example, if you are on the top and the enemy jumps down and then YOU jump down, you can hit blink strike and the pet will , well blink down to them too without the ridiculous running all the way around the path to get to the enemy.
11/14/2012 10:35 AMPosted by Rämbo
As useaul you nerfed to much and a hunter will not be able to play pvp.

Firstly, post on your hunter....

Second, 5.1 won't make BM unplayable, far from it, it will simply make it not absurd faceroll. It will mean BM takes some skill to play. Which judging from your comment, you don't have much of.

Main reason I'm lookin forwards to 5.1 is MM should be viable again, thankfully.

They are not adding anything worthwhile to MM so how is it going to all of a sudden become viable just because BW is getting a nerf? I'm willing to bet the BW thing is changed due to the fact they fixed the Zoo glitch and that is what was making BW seem way OP in arenas. may not change right away, but taking away 50% or more of our damage through a cc'd pet will fill their inbox with Hunter QQ,

dam were going to sound like Mages, Pallies and |Rogues soon
11/16/2012 12:26 PMPosted by Hordecannon
They are not adding anything worthwhile to MM so how is it going to all of a sudden become viable just because BW is getting a nerf?

Well I consider the ability to cast aimed on the run pretty worthwhile, but that may just be me. I don't expect MM to all of a sudden be good after 5.1. But I think the nerfs to BM as well as the perks being added to MM will make the gap between the two less, meaning that I will be able to play MM without gimping the sh!t out of myself. Not only that, by the time 5.1 hits I will be fully Malev, or close, which will drastically improve MM performance, so much of MM is your gear.
Listen man, I'd rather stay MM as much as the next guy. Lost my taste for BM back in Wrath when I put more faith is my ability to do damage rather than a pet. But facts are facts:
http://www.crossladder.com/arena/ladder/m=players;c=3
they should allow birds free pathing so that it can follow the enemy from any point to any other point in a straight line, just not allowing it to fly through things, and give the bird a useful pvp utility, that should make em happy.
But facts are facts:
http://www.crossladder.com/arena/ladder/m=players;c=3

Oh I know, which is why I'm speced and geared for BM atm, it's the only one with any measure of viability. Just because I play it doesn't mean I can't b!tch about being forced to play it :P.
Play marks. I am loving it. Sure u don't have an extra cc breaker like BW, but I played well the dmg output is wonderful. I would also recommend getting t1 pvp wep first or it will be a bit frustrating due to gear scaling directly effecting mm
all they need to do is make it to where your pet can jump off a ledge to follow either you or your target. it's ridiculous how they run aaaallllll the way around to get back to you or the target. let it follow you over the ledge or jump with the target.

ROFL U WANT MORE BUFFS??? U CAN READINESS BESTRIAL WRATH

addressing a massive fundamental issue with hunter design =/= buff
11/15/2012 08:12 PMPosted by Blayzrcannon
keybind your attack,follow, move to, attack stance,defense stance, and passive stance?
I still use the default keybinds.

ran out of binds on your keyboard?
Just about before I got the Naga. The bindings are still on the key board for me also.

buy a razer naga 12 extra thumb binds and 2 pointer finger all of which can be modified by shift so your talking atleast 24-28binds on a mouse
I use both shift and alt and I still find myeslf using my numpad and key board too.

can also be modified by alt so we're talking about a lot of extra binds here
It does make life easier.
BM has no place in this game and should be removed. Having most of your damage channeled through an NPC is just bad for all players involved in PvP and involves minimal skill.

If it were up to me I would have all pets removed, however as we all know WoW isn't about balance, it's about trying to keep as many players playing as possible.
BM has no place in this game and should be removed. Having most of your damage channeled through an NPC is just bad for all players involved in PvP and involves minimal skill.

If it were up to me I would have all pets removed, however as we all know WoW isn't about balance, it's about trying to keep as many players playing as possible.

I think Powerspawn has no place in this game and should be removed. Having some to learn to control is too hard for that one and is just bad for all players involved as is requires more skill and lets the team down.

And furthermore I would like to say Job well done Blizzard, keep BM as the #1 spec.
I think Powerspawn has no place in this game and should be removed. Having some to learn to control is too hard for that one and is just bad for all players involved as is requires more skill and lets the team down.

And furthermore I would like to say Job well done Blizzard, keep BM as the #1 spec.

It's not a matter of control, you can literally go afk and still do most of your damage. Positioning value drops since you can attack behind LoS and your pet auto pilots to the target. And it's bad for the Hunter because the pet pathing/mechanics are still awful. Not to mention how boring the spec is because it's so faceroll and you aren't actually doing much yourself. Like I said, overall just a bad spec.
Let's count our trinkets (If listed twice, it's because of readiness):
1. PvP Trinket
2. Bestial Wrath
3. Bestial Wrath
4. Master's Call
5. Master's Call
6. Disengage
7. Disengage

not following your definition of "trinket" with disengage in the mix
Yes, they can Steady Shot on the run, and I do this all the time in PvP, along with using my Concussion Shot, then Aimed Shot for a !@#$ ton of damage. If they get too close, I can use my racial Arcane Torrent to silence them AND gain 15 focus. I honestly don't see the problem being an MM hunter. Often in questing, I can one-shot mobs with Aimed Shot it does so much damage.
12/11/2012 09:17 PMPosted by Phyraa
Yes, they can Steady Shot on the run, and I do this all the time in PvP, along with using my Concussion Shot, then Aimed Shot for a !@#$ ton of damage. If they get too close, I can use my racial Arcane Torrent to silence them AND gain 15 focus. I honestly don't see the problem being an MM hunter. Often in questing, I can one-shot mobs with Aimed Shot it does so much damage.

The only way you are 1 shotting mobs is if they are already down a little in health, if you are more geared than your area, or...well your level 21 so you dont know what it does at max lvl which is where blizz tries to balance everything. At max level it hits from 16 k to 100k, depending on your cds and how geared your opponent is
12/11/2012 07:06 PMPosted by Powerspawn
And it's bad for the Hunter because the pet pathing/mechanics are still awful. Not to mention how boring the spec is because it's so faceroll and you aren't actually doing much yourself. Like I said, overall just a bad spec.

Precisely. My main issue with BM is that it is not fun to play. WoW is a game, a game that I use to relax at the end of a long day of work, I want to HAVE FUN while playing this game, I simply have very little to no fun as BM. Even if it where fun I wouldn't like playing it still. It's too easy, it takes no measure of skill or strategy to kill anyone, your pet does damm near all the leg work for you.
what's the cooldown on stampede?