Garalon Changes - Raid Finder, Normal, Heroic

Dungeons, Raids and Scenarios
Prev 1 4 5 6 9 Next
How about a fix to let pets benefit from the leg DPS buff? And all the other fights where pets don't correctly inherit the encounter-specific buffs. It works on Elegon, so why not on Garalon, heroic stone guardians, or from the titan gas on will of the emperor?
11/10/2012 01:17 PMPosted by Xiic
Zon'ozz says hi. Cleave off a target with increased damage taken has always been acceptable to you guys before, why change it now?

The difference between Zon'ozz and this is that the Zon'ozz fight didn't revolve around the big tentacle. The claw was hardly threatening and ultimately it didn't even matter if you killed it right away or not. It was very minor speedbump.

The interaction between the legs and the body in Garalon are what the entire fight revolves around.

Not that I disagree with your premise, I just think you used a bad example.
[quote]
If you're going to bring things to the point that you have to make mechanics meaningless to compensate for the daily kids that have no business being in a raid, then Blizzard needs to stop producing LFR and just put a huge boss in the middle of Vale of Eternal Blossom with 300 million HP that does nothing but stand there until killed and then drops epics. Let it respawn every hour so no one misses out.

They've already done this though, the bosses name is Galleon. Once they break and lower his respawn timer anyways.
11/10/2012 03:25 PMPosted by Teppic
How about a fix to let pets benefit from the leg DPS buff? And all the other fights where pets don't correctly inherit the encounter-specific buffs. It works on Elegon, so why not on Garalon, heroic stone guardians, or from the titan gas on will of the emperor?

This would be a really nice thing to see corrected, from my highly biased perspective.
11/10/2012 01:05 PMPosted by Trèvorr
Still not a very puggable fight in LFR....have yet to get into a group that downs him.

I completely disagree with this. What is there to know? You need two people that need to know how to do the pheremone.. and then you say

1. Melee the legs, stay out of purple circle
2. Ranged kill the body

And the tanks need to know to stay in front of him.

Most LFR bosses require the tanks to know what they are doing.. Galaron only requires 2 dps to also know what to do.. everyone elses job is fairly simple.

But I do agree with an earlier comment. Crush should apply a debuff that kills you the second time you are the cause. Most of my failures involved 1 or 2 people causing crush 5 or more times. In a few cases, it was probably people doing it on purpose.

I think a more appropriate fix for LFR would have just been to make purple ring MUCH smaller but still a no CD crush, and a nice big personal raid boss emote message yelling at you for being under the boss when you shouldn't be.

Just for reference there is such an emote. There's a big raid warning that says something like "Garalon senses [person not paying attention] beneath him and prepares to crush".

Yeah i know. it's just a regular emote and not a personal one. It doesn't really personally notify the person who screwed up though or what they are doing wrong unless they are paying particular attention an emote that's not all that visible. I'm thinking something more like what they added to kologar where you got a personal emote that said YOU have eyebeams". Blizz could go "YOU are where you shouldn't be, don't stand in purple circle".
I did add this to todays dbm release though to try and help with the problem. dbm now scans the current blizz emote and then if you're the player gives a more informed and visible dialog to get in right place. Hopefully this helps improve LFR, as that was my intent.

Todays update also prepped for the disaster that will be LFR second half next week amber shaper (no one knowing how to use constructs). Another situation where the fight just kinda throws you in a vehicle and you just have to kind of figure it out unless you studied the encounter journal first. I"m a realist. I know hardly anyone does that but actual raiders. SO i coded in another "this is how it works" function in dbm that people will notice next week on amber shaper. :)

Just for reference there is such an emote. There's a big raid warning that says something like "Garalon senses [person not paying attention] beneath him and prepares to crush".

Yeah i know. it's just a regular emote and not a personal one. It doesn't really personally notify the person who screwed up though or what they are doing wrong unless they are paying particular attention an emote that's not all that visible. I'm thinking something more like what they added to kologar where you got a personal emote that said YOU have eyebeams". Blizz could go "YOU are where you shouldn't be, don't stand in purple circle".
I did add this to todays dbm release though to try and help with the problem. dbm now scans the current blizz emote and then if you're the player gives a more informed and visible dialog to get in right place. Hopefully this helps improve LFR, as that was my intent.

Todays update also prepped for the disaster that will be LFR second half next week amber shaper (no one knowing how to use constructs). Another situation where the fight just kinda throws you in a vehicle and you just have to kind of figure it out unless you studied the encounter journal first. I"m a realist. I know hardly anyone does that but actual raiders. SO i coded in another "this is how it works" function in dbm that people will notice next week on amber shaper. :)

You must have add-ons that are blocking it. Without add-ons the emote is right in the middle of the screen for every player to see who it was who screwed up.

´Galaron detets XXXX underneath him and begins to crush´.

Everyone sees it in the middle of their screen. Not sure how you can say it isn´t pesonal when it says the characters name.
11/10/2012 03:14 PMPosted by Joynal
Then people need to learn that raiding is not for them and stop queueing if they can't follow simple mechanics

Garalon's berserk timer on Normal and Heroic modes was adjusted from 6 minutes to 7 minutes last week. So far, we've seen many Heroic kills (10H and 25H) where a balanced raid composition was utilized, many of which were well ahead of the increased berserk timer.

I love how Blizzard enjoys telling us that the top raiders, the best of the best, are an EXTREME minority of the playerbase but when someone tells them that the enrage is incredibly hard to meet "We've seen heroic kills with balanced compositions"....Yes, from that exact elite playerbase which you tell us is the minority and they will kill bosses no matter what. Cool. I'm not one that thinks the enrage is too tight, but I also think telling people we have the top guilds in the world killing it with "balanced comps" the first week the heroics are available and using that to say the enrage timer is laughable. It's fine that you think the enrage is ok, just don't use the best players in the world as an your example of why it's ok.
11/10/2012 03:54 PMPosted by Jimmypaage
I love how Blizzard enjoys telling us that the top raiders, the best of the best, are an EXTREME minority of the playerbase but when someone tells them that the enrage is incredibly hard to meet "We've seen heroic kills with balanced compositions"....Yes, from that exact elite playerbase which you tell us is the minority and they will kill bosses no matter what. Cool. I'm not one that thinks the enrage is too tight, but I also think telling people we have the top guilds in the world killing it with "balanced comps" the first week the heroics are available and using that to say the enrage timer is laughable. It's fine that you think the enrage is ok, just don't use the best players in the world as an your example of why it's ok.

Would you prefer they use the ones who hit the enrages on level 80 content at 90?
Why are you changing this during progression? You say you want to keep the PvE race balanced, but this is a very large nerf to top end guilds to catch up the the guilds who have already downed this pre nerf.
11/10/2012 03:38 PMPosted by Omegal

Thank. You.

Anything to help LFR on that encounter is a plus.

11/10/2012 03:33 PMPosted by Adrena
Still not a very puggable fight in LFR....have yet to get into a group that downs him.

I completely disagree with this. What is there to know? You need two people that need to know how to do the pheremone.. and then you say

1. Melee the legs, stay out of purple circle
2. Ranged kill the body

And the tanks need to know to stay in front of him.

Most LFR bosses require the tanks to know what they are doing.. Galaron only requires 2 dps to also know what to do.. everyone elses job is fairly simple.

But I do agree with an earlier comment. Crush should apply a debuff that kills you the second time you are the cause. Most of my failures involved 1 or 2 people causing crush 5 or more times. In a few cases, it was probably people doing it on purpose.

I helped down Garalon earlier in LFR. Myself and several others posted to chat repeatedly how bad purple circle, pheromone circles, stealing pheromone debuffs, etc, etc was to the raid... to no avail. People just jumped in and started nuking. Repeated crushes wiped us. People getting the pheromone debuff, running in to get healed and wrecking the entire center of the encounter area, and so on and so forth. Several wipes later and after one complete raid member reconstruction, we got a group of dps that danced the dance and didn't crush us. Myself and a DK did the pheromones with me sacrificing much of my dps and him losing his completely. We got two tanks that drove the boss around perfectly and never missed out on a swipe. The bam. We did it effortlessly with only two deaths, and those from people just standing right there in pheromone circles we'd laid around the perimeter.

The thing is totally doable, and extremely easy. It just requires people to actually pay attention to what they're doing rather than rolling through those perfect rotations and trying to top that meter. With one exception earlier, all of our vote kicks were for people who were topping the dps meter, but were simultaneously wiping the raid with crushes.
11/10/2012 02:44 PMPosted by Crithto
Garalon's berserk timer on Normal and Heroic modes was adjusted from 6 minutes to 7 minutes last week. So far, we've seen many Heroic kills (10H and 25H) where a balanced raid composition was utilized, many of which were well ahead of the increased berserk timer.

Sorry, but to me, this really screams: "Bring the class, not the player." which I thought was opposite of what you guys wanted ("Bring the player, not the class.").
Ok so since you guys removed my non constructive post I'll make a better one. The reason this sucks is yes you did change the enrage from 6 to 7 mins but that was because top end guilds that had been 6/6 HM MSV before HoF even hit were struggling with the 6 min enrage. So a avg guild like mine that is 10 man wouldn't have even come close.

The 7 minute timer made it reasonable since we have a rogue and you have to pull 500k raid wide dps to kill him. If you bring 3 heals for this fight you need a average of 71.5k dps for the 7 remaining dps and that includes tanks which more than likely wont be pulling these numbers. You on top of this have to deal with pheormones and having people that can do it while dpsing.

I was looking at a kill sunday and now we'll have to see how it goes but i hate "buffs" during progression. I figured you guys wouldn't be doing this anymore considering how much this messed up the HM Hodir race in Uld back in Wraith with ensidia doing the flower power buff to make the 2min enrage after 2 other guilds had killed it.

Overall all this is gonna make me and other guilds do is stack more rogues and cleaving classes for this fight which is the opposite of what you want.
Doesn't make me wrong
11/10/2012 01:53 PMPosted by Pewpewblast
With regard to all raid difficulties, after further testing the encounter, we realized that certain abilities were having unintended effects. Blade Flurry, Inferno Blast and Sweeping Strikes were doing double damage to Garalon's body while attacking his legs, which was not intended.

What?

Silly pup, Inferno Blast is a SINGLE TARGET spell!

... Unless you mean the DoTs that were spreading to the body...

Can I get a clarification on this? Inferno Blast is not a cleave, so do you mean our DoTs are going to be reduced in power on Garalon's body by half when spread from the legs?

Can I get a clarification on this? Inferno Blast is not a cleave, so do you mean our DoTs are going to be reduced in power on Garalon's body by half when spread from the legs?

From what I understand on other similar mechanics, I believe it'll be if you spread the leg DoTs (that are increased from the circle) with Inferno Blast, they simply won't be increased when spread to the body. It'll be normal power DoTs.