Abuse Of Power

New Player Help and Guides
I'm on the quest "abuse of power" where you have to use the blackrock cudgel of discipline on troops, however when I select one and click the button it says "you can't do that yet" how do I make it for I can?
are you still wearing the disguise you were given?

(check your bag for something which looks like a red rag)
yupp, was wondering what the orc mask was for ended up taking it off and getting killed, I put it back on and now it works, hope they fix this wasted a whole day of my game time waiting for a solution
They really need to fix this problem......
There are many many problems that need fixing, like the transition from Northern Barrens to Ashenvale questlines glitching when you try to ride the war kodo to Splintertree Post.
07/14/2015 11:12 PMPosted by Durossa

What problem?
Reading the quest directions and wearing the disguise?
3 years later this problems STILL exist. Im having the same issue as OP.
10/30/2015 08:35 PMPosted by Heddabjorg
3 years later this problems STILL exist. Im having the same issue as OP.

You must be wearing the disguise for the quest to progress, otherwise they know you're not one of them and you'll be attacked instead.

It plainly says this in the quest text, there is no issue with that.
The quest works fine if you target the specific type of Orc the quest text tells you to.
Cudgel does not work on any other orcs in the area.
I was wearing the disguise and had never taken it off and it still bugged. had to remove the disguise then reapply the disguise.
Nzshaman, please check timestamps before posting. This post was originally opened in 2012, and was then necroed back to life again two more times this year. The original poster has since moved on, and the ones who necroed the post were given advise already. If you have any questions feel free to open a new thread. We prefer it that way on this forum as it keeps old, outdated information archived. If you want to give advise please stick to the front pages of this forum. If a post is more than a couple weeks old it's likely that nobody is paying attention to it anymore. At that point it should just head straight off into the Twisting Nether of the New Player Help archives.
07/15/2015 10:13 AMPosted by Nok
07/14/2015 11:12 PMPosted by Durossa

What problem?
Reading the quest directions and wearing the disguise?

It messes up, even while wearing the disguise. Don't be rude.