-Feedback- Hunter Bugs and Marksmanship Spec

Hunter
Prev 1 2 3 4 10 Next
Yeah, I don't mind toggle trap either. It was weird at first but I think over time it's become a better quality of life thing for me. Plus I feel like I can get my traps off faster.

I'm also really surprised Widow Venom hasn't been collapsed into another ability. Like Warriors for example both Fury and Arms have their healing debuff weaved into their main rotation, and rogues wound poison can proc just from doing their rotations as well. I would have expected our healing debuff to be rolled into Kill Command, Aimed Shot or Explosive Shot. Or alternatively Cobra/Steady Shot. Their MS is in essence, passive, while ours isn't.

I also agree that MM could use some more dmg, but I think it will still need more than that to keep it up with BM, or even Surv at this point. Now that Silence Shot and Readiness are available in any spec, it just doesn't really offer anything valuable the other trees can't provide.
Tosan,

You are missing a belt buckle.

You are using the 'bad' shoulder enchant.

Go get yo swag on.

-Trigger
@Moxie No because other classes would troll the !@#$ out of it lol.
Tosan,

You are missing a belt buckle.

You are using the 'bad' shoulder enchant.

Go get yo swag on.

-Trigger

I don't play my horde toon as much as my ally, and I have like 200g :P
Some of these changes seem pretty decent.

here's another thing to consider: If hunters now had the ability to cast a spell called alter time and make the stampede go back in time to when you were leveling your toon for the first time and gank u when u are a level 5 in elwyn forest. That would be really good.
@Kettle That would OP as all hell. The outcry from something like that is likely to get the Hunter class deleted from the game.
Triggerhappy#1872

Tosan Lets Talk.

I have a macro for you.

also..

@Moxie

We make digital content backgrounds.

www.twitch.tv/faetal
www.youtube.com/welpwow

Willing and interested in making you one.

www.moxiegaming.com
And I want Eyes of the Beast back! Please...
Hope Blizzard reads this thread.
bump, /signed
Well written thread! I agree with much of what you said; however, I am too tired to type up my own opinion. I think you guys have covered much of it =)
11/10/2012 12:55 AMPosted by Tosan
even when you probably feel that you get nothing but non stop complaining.

And obscenely rich.
good thread, playing my hunter lately.

chimera shot doesnt do enough damage based on how much focus it costs. my thoughts.. should do a little more than arc shot does, because yes it has some utility BUT its also on a cd. thats called 'balance' eh?

arc shot is cheap and its damage is decent (when compared to how limp the other shots are) but its intended to be a focus dump, so beyond a certain point youre dealing with apples and oranges. simple logic would indicate chim shot needs a small dmg buff for it to make more 'sense' partly considering how the heal is negligible.
I still want Mastery to effect BM . I don't agree with gimping them for the sake of helping other specs by their diminishment.

I wish we could have Lich King Chimera Shot back as well as the better heal. Blizzard may see the daze as an Ability so it may be a tough argument but the heal part should be easy. Imagine the new Aspect system allowed Aspect dancing Chimeras that could be interesting Aspect twisting.

The only Shot they can fairly merge the widow debuff into is Arcane but they won't. It is a physical debuff and undispellable we will have to suffer sadly. On arcane it wouldn't be fair even if dispellable because we spam it and useless due to cool down on Serpent Sting. We have to live with the "choices" given even if they aren't given. My solution would be merge it with Tranq Shot. Combining utilities with spammability at a cost. This would provide a better and more balanced Tranq Shot and remove 1 keybind and still make it a choice. Those are GC's critieria based on what he has said previously about gameplay.

I like the trap toggle so am happy. I don't have keybind so I click it which is not optimal but I still understand the choice. But traps themselves are now broken and they need to be fixed. Bad coding is bad coding.
I still want Mastery to effect BM . I don't agree with gimping them for the sake of helping other specs by their diminishment.

Completely backwards logic. You're okay with gimping SV/MM by not having Stampede be EQUAL across all specs? You just contradicted yourself....."I don't agree with gimping them for the sake of helping other specs" - but that's exactly what the BM mastery does to the other 2 specs.......it needs to be even across all specs. Maybe if they get rid of BM mastery effecting Stampede, Stampede should be buffed at a baseline level since it's pretty awfully weak as MM.

The only Shot they can fairly merge the widow debuff into is Arcane but they won't. It is a physical debuff and undispellable we will have to suffer sadly

This doesn't really make sense, Mortal Strike is a physical debuff, and even Wound Poison, even though it's not physical, is spam applied so dispelling it is useless......not sure why you think this would be the issue.
Quick question, does it seem like there is a bug with the radius it takes to trigger a trap? I've had people run right over my trap like 10 seconds after it's placed and the trap won't trigger. I suppose it could just be latency making it look like they are running over it but it happens quite a lot.
Completely backwards logic. You're okay with gimping SV/MM by not having Stampede be EQUAL across all specs?

Rapid Fire is equal across all specs?
11/11/2012 12:16 PMPosted by Verdash
Completely backwards logic. You're okay with gimping SV/MM by not having Stampede be EQUAL across all specs?

Rapid Fire is equal across all specs?

Awful comparison. Yes, it grants 40% attack speed and +12% pvp damage across all specs, yup.

The only difference is it grants MM focus, but that's part of the whole Marksman FOCUS PACKAGE.

You realize BM hunters get +20 focus procs from pet attacks and 50% reduced focus cost during Bestial Wrath? Even with Rapid Fire replenishing focus, BM still has vastly superior focus management. It's actually DIFFICULT to dump your focus as BM, but as MM you're almost always dry and have to steady shot 10x more than you have to Cobra Shot as BM.

Because BM has superior focus replenishment, this is a completely invalid comparison. You're making it sound like MM has an advantage when IN FACT, IT STILL HAS A DISADVANTAGE.
I would gladly trade the rapid fire replenish for the Pet replenish.

You're comparing apples to rotten apples.......

You're taking the different functioning (and yet INFERIOR) focus replenishment system of MM and disguising it as some sort of unfair advantage (rofl).

You really didn't think this through at all lol.
The only Shot they can fairly merge the widow debuff into is Arcane but they won't. It is a physical debuff and undispellable we will have to suffer sadly.

I believe what Itukaaj is trying to say is that if they were to merge it with serpent sting, then our MS would become dispellable. (if they were the same buff)

On the lines of burst for MM, maybe if they reduced Rapid Fire to 2 via Rapid Recuperation (since they will probably not make readiness 3minutes for MM). That way we could have burst up more often.
11/11/2012 12:31 PMPosted by Nyess
The only Shot they can fairly merge the widow debuff into is Arcane but they won't. It is a physical debuff and undispellable we will have to suffer sadly.

I believe what Itukaaj is trying to say is that if they were to merge it with serpent sting, then our MS would become dispellable. (if they were the same buff)

What's the point? I'd rather it stay the way it is rather than bake it into Useless Sting. The dot just would make it annoying to swap targets and CC the current target, and the dot does no noteworthy damage in PvP so that would actually be a downgrade.