Arena Exploitation and Win Trading - Updated

Arenas
Prev 1 12 13 14 23 Next
Will those who did not exploit, win trade or in any way break the TOU but got rating off of teams with inflated MMR be punished?
This is a great time to teach those people a lesson.. similar thing's have happened in the past but this is probably the worst violation of them. Come on Blizz, a slap on the wrist is not going to stop these people in the future. This also doesn't send a very good message to us that have never done such a thing. The punishment needs to fit the crime.
While the updated changes are welcomed. If the teams that didn't 'wintrade' but kept queueing into then, then got to 3k rating 'legit' aren't reset the updated changes aren't going to change this season. But at the same time can't really penalise them the same for just queueing.

Just reset the entire ladder and mmr, it will be a much better fix.
what is so hard to understand blues...

RESET ALL MMR/LADDER.

It would be welcomed by 99.9% of arena pvpers. This season was a sham with the immense balance issues you people let sit for months before hotfixing, MMR exploits, arena map exploits, blatent livestream DDOSing, etc.

JUST RESET THE WHOLE LADDER.

i guarantee you will see an increase of subscription activity and resubscription revenue. That is all you care about afterall since you NEVER heed the opinions of your customers. This would be an amazing opportunity to do a D3 style POLL THREAD asking the community if they would like to see a COMPLETE LADDER RESET. Carpe diem blues!
Seriously, just reset the ladders/MMR when 5.1 hits. It'd give you plenty of time to announce it before it's actually done and (hopefully) the post-reset metagame would be less hindered by balancing issues.
I'm also voting for a complete ladder and mmr reset.

It won't be a huge difference for me, I'm an average player, and really only do 2s. But the affect it will have on the rest of the ladder is why I think its a positive move.

The only negatives I can see are for those that have achieved things so far this season, but hey if they only made those achieves due to exploiting class imbalances, win trading, or even q'ing into win traders etc then they dont deserve the achieves anyway. And for those that did none of those things and will be poorly affected by the reset then simply extend the season length and ensure they can make those very same achieves again, but this time through the *hopefully* more balanced 5.1...

Reset ladder and mmr for justice!
I agree with pretty much all of the posters here, RESET MMR AND LADDERS!

The main reason being: The smarter exploiters have already disbanded their teams so Blizzard won't be able to track them after
1: getting a hugely raised 5kCP cap and
2: getting an enormously inflated MMR

If Blizzard do not reset MMR as well as the ladders, these people with 3k mmr will skyrocket back up to 2.5k+ in no time and get Glad without very little difficulty in comparison to people that didn't exploit, either through ignorance or honesty. Making their exploitation carry them to titles they didn't deserve simply because they were smart enough to disband their teams before Blizzard got their act together, which isn't hard because it's been happening for weeks.
Reset it..!!
ALL...!!

(Please fix MM)
When are these bans / gear deletions happening? Still a bunch of people on my server who exploited / abused flying around... they deleted their team, but I hope blizzard catches them anyway.
If you care so much about balance why are rogues only 2% of the top rated teams?
What about the "legit" teams who intentionally queued into these exploiters and got a huge mmr boost since they automatically and are now at 2700+ mmr. Can these teams also be reset? If not, why not just do a simple MMR reset for everyone?
UPDATE: November 14

Providing an environment where players can compete in the spirit of fair play is extremely important to us, particularly in rated Player versus Player combat. As part of that commitment we regularly monitor gameplay, and have discovered an issue where some Arena teams have exploited the queuing system to obtain high team ratings, “dodge” unfavorable team compositions, and engage in win trading.

These, and all, exploitative activities are absolutely prohibited. We will investigate the situation carefully, and players that have been found to have participated in exploitation will be subject to the appropriate actions against their World of Warcraft accounts and characters, including:

• Arena team deletion
  • Character MMR reset to 1500
  • All Conquest gear removed
  • Conquest earned tally reset, as well as all Honor and Conquest points removed.
  • All Arena achievements earned since the beginning of Mists of Pandaria removed.
  • 3 day suspension

Please note that as of this posting, these penalties have not yet been applied. In the meantime, we have implemented a hotfix to resolve any remaining issues with the queue system to prevent this behavior in the future. Our first priority has been addressing the exploit and dealing with the players that took advantage of it. After that’s resolved, we'll assess the ladder and determine whether it's the right course, or even feasible, to make further adjustments.

I got banned for exploiting after getting HWL in Classic. These guys are getting three days and the loss of stuff. Can I have my banned account back?
UPDATE: November 14

Providing an environment where players can compete in the spirit of fair play is extremely important to us, particularly in rated Player versus Player combat. As part of that commitment we regularly monitor gameplay, and have discovered an issue where some Arena teams have exploited the queuing system to obtain high team ratings, “dodge” unfavorable team compositions, and engage in win trading.

These, and all, exploitative activities are absolutely prohibited. We will investigate the situation carefully, and players that have been found to have participated in exploitation will be subject to the appropriate actions against their World of Warcraft accounts and characters, including:

• Arena team deletion
  • Conquest earned tally reset, as well as all Honor and Conquest points removed.
  • All Arena achievements earned since the beginning of Mists of Pandaria removed.
  • 3 day suspension

Please note that as of this posting, these penalties have not yet been applied. In the meantime, we have implemented a hotfix to resolve any remaining issues with the queue system to prevent this behavior in the future. Our first priority has been addressing the exploit and dealing with the players that took advantage of it. After that’s resolved, we'll assess the ladder and determine whether it's the right course, or even feasible, to make further adjustments.

I got banned for exploiting after getting HWL in Classic. These guys are getting three days and the loss of stuff. Can I have my banned account back?

I got banned for letting someone else level one of my toons. Can I have my account back too?
Please reset ladder and MMR of everyone, this is the only solution for this god awful season.
11/13/2012 10:00 AMPosted by Daxxarri
  • Arena team deletion
  • 3 day suspension

Good start, but honestly you all should just delete the toons.

11/13/2012 10:00 AMPosted by Daxxarri
After that’s resolved, we'll assess the ladder and determine whether it's the right course, or even feasible, to make further adjustments.

How is it NOT feasible? You all have reset MMR and the Ladder in the past... so why would it not be doable today? I just don't get this thinking.
3 day suspension?

you realize they are just going to win trade back to 2600+ right?

get rid of the problem, a 3 day ban does absolutely nothing.

Nah this should be ok assuming Blizz follows through with resetting their characters MMR to 1500.

That's if they don't !@#$ it up like usual.
Very nice begin!

Nice Blizzard but 3 days only??