Arena Exploitation and Win Trading - Updated

Arenas
Prev 1 20 21 22 23 Next
Hinrichs
61 Human Death Knight
The object of most punishments including the ones handed out by Blizzard in this case are for 2 main purposes. 1.) to punish the TOS offenders who knew that the exploit was illegal and proceeded with it anyway. 2.) to dissuade others from engaging in exploitative behavior that violates the TOS.

This is the first time in memory when Blizzard has forthrightly delineated the exploit and the punishments meted out. The message is that those who attempt to "cheat" the system will not only be caught but will suffer some consequence for their actions. That you either agree or disagree with those consequences is moot.

Your responses to the OP Blue are indicative of your own attitudes toward authorities. It is their game and their playground. It is your option to abide by the rules as established or to violate them. The choice is clearly yours. Regarding the decision to stay or leave, that too is yours alone. No one forces you to buy, install and continue to make use of the intellectual property of Blizzard Entertainment. QQ's and long sobs of good bye are entertaining and that's all. Play or do not play. There remain several million players who will neither mourn your loss nor care about your departure.

Too funny.

glad you got the point
Unbelievable. Need my conquest points capped earned this season and my teams back pronto. Restored my gear, and my team is still there even. Such a miserable time for some real players :(
wait,did he just use the words FAIR and pvp to describe WoW?

haha nice troll post op.
Just want an update please!!! You gave me my gear back and know my team wasn't affiliated with any sort of MMR bugging or win trading... so when are you going to change my conquest points earned tally and possibly even restore me back to my team? I've heard from several GM's now that there is going to be a system of some sort due to the large scale of players affected by this mistake from your end....
ef that! PERMABAN 4tw!
Last week my guild ran some RBGs and ran in to a team who were exploiting a well known bug on one of the new maps.

Everyone started up tickets, took screenshots etc.

The general response from GMs to the tickets were "this is a known bug and it'll be fixed eventually."

Nothing about banning, nothing about resetting anything, nothing about taking our loss away...
I NEED my points back. I got my gear restored, but not my conquest points and I only have a cp cap of 1800 this week for some reason. How am I supposed to compete without t2 weapon??? this is ridiculous. Players that did absolutely NOTHING wrong are getting punished by a mistake on blizzards end.
Total earned conquest points are not back yet.
11/28/2012 10:31 PMPosted by Zmonster

this

i want my T2
how is this thread not blowing up?? aren't people mad that they can't get their t2 weps because of this?
11/28/2012 10:31 PMPosted by Zmonster

I second this. I've sent in a good fifty tickets. NO HELP FROM BLIZZ WHATSOEVER. Restored my gear... gee THANKS! Can i get my conquest tally back to where it should be so I'm not gibbed in the season due to the MESS YOU MADE in the first place. You rarely penalized the scrubs who actually did all of this MMR exploitation, yet have really hurt many true players who earned their ratings on their own. Another month and a half for Tier 2 is just about THE most ridiculous thing I've heard due to your own garbage actions that negatively impacted more true players, than real cheaters. WHEN is this going to be fixed? I'm tired of hearing "Blah blah blah the dev team".. WHEN?!
Still.. no response? So you're actually going to make me wait out 6 MORE WEEKS because of your abomination of a "fix on MMR Exploitation/Win Trading". I don't see how it is taking your company so long to fix this issue, ESPECIALLY with it being YOUR issue in the first place. This entire action has completely made me rethink playing the game. Why play when I can RANDOMLY be completely wiped of EVERY hard effort I've made into a season, and no action is made to fix the issue/compensate me for your damages? Why should anyone? You have granted me my gear (GEE THANKS!)... and acknowledged that your accusation was indeed a FALSE positive. Yet I am still punished and discouraged from playing at the moment until I get my Tier 2 because of a horrendous false accusation? Apparently my account has been DIRECTLY forwarded to the Dev team 10 times now... So what exactly are you even DOING?
12/03/2012 06:49 AMPosted by Raylol
Still.. no response? So you're actually going to make me wait out 6 MORE WEEKS because of your abomination of a "fix on MMR Exploitation/Win Trading". I don't see how it is taking your company so long to fix this issue, ESPECIALLY with it being YOUR issue in the first place. This entire action has completely made me rethink playing the game. Why play when I can RANDOMLY be completely wiped of EVERY hard effort I've made into a season, and no action is made to fix the issue/compensate me for your damages? Why should anyone? You have granted me my gear (GEE THANKS!)... and acknowledged that your accusation was indeed a FALSE positive. Yet I am still punished and discouraged from playing at the moment until I get my Tier 2 because of a horrendous false accusation? Apparently my account has been DIRECTLY forwarded to the Dev team 10 times now... So what exactly are you even DOING?

this

RESPONSE PLEASE
I've been told to follow THIS EXACT forum which has been inactive since you have removed my gear. Even after you RESTORED my gear, it has STILL been inactive. Developers... Someone. I need an ANSWER. Am I waiting six weeks and unsubscribing.....or are you going to fix my tally appropriately? Keep in mind... THIS IS YOUR FAULT. I did nothing wrong and you acknowledge this. So why the heck is it so hard to fix your garbage mistake? UNBELIEVABLE.
12/03/2012 01:48 PMPosted by Raylol
I've been told to follow THIS EXACT forum which has been inactive since you have removed my gear. Even after you RESTORED my gear, it has STILL been inactive. Developers... Someone. I need an ANSWER. Am I waiting six weeks and unsubscribing.....or are you going to fix my tally appropriately? Keep in mind... THIS IS YOUR FAULT. I did nothing wrong and you acknowledge this. So why the heck is it so hard to fix your garbage mistake? UNBELIEVABLE.

they told me the same thing. I've been watching. Devs have done nothing to fix this, or even update us on whether or not they are going to.
This is just..... atrocious. Freaking 3 weeks now because of your mistake. FIX IT. God.. not even good news came along with this patch. This is becoming more and more of a reason to just finally stop playing. I'm sure many others are with me on this. Why play to get gibbed for being a legitimate player?
Give us our total earned conquest points back!!!!
They cant perma Ban players over this to many people cheat & take advantage of exploits they would lose money over it. its beyond obvious the reason you were redirected to this forum is so you can see that they are consistently doing what they can to punish the players abusing this exploit until they can remodel the mmr system
Another thing for those of you saying mee meee i didn't do it give me my points & gear back.

from my personal experience playing games all my life 2-10 aim botters will openly admit to cheating & 4-10 players might be subject to wrongfully being accused by a company & suffering punishment for having been so. in this case its very possible, that some players who were really dedicated in pvp faced off with to many win trading teams b4 they left que & suffered because of that but with how many points u gain off mmr exploited teams i highly doubt there's alot of you who fell into that category considering how low the point gain is unless ur exploiting with them