Terror in the Mists ICD WAY too long.

Dungeons, Raids and Scenarios
So, I got the Terror in the Mists trinket from Terrace last night. At a glance, it should be an obvious and substantial upgrade over Bottle of Infinite stars, at least for hunters. I mean, it has crap tons of Agi and crit, which are my two primary dps stats, and it is a higer ilvl ( I know higher ilvls does not always = more dps, but more often than not, it does). So Id ecide to plug it into femaledwarf.com to see what kind of dps gain I will see, and I lose 44 dps. What? So after further research, I find the culprit. A 105 sec ICD. More than twice as long as Bottle of Infinite Stars.

I see no reason why a trinket with better stat itemization for a class that drops and is higher ilvl should be a downgrade. There are even some places saying that heroic Terror in the Mists might not be as good as normal Bottle of Infinite Starts. That is just dumb. Please take a look at changing this.
Similarly, the VP Healing trinket from Shado-Pan is significantly worse than Relic of Chi-ji, even though it's a higher ilvl (for the same reason as your example - a much longer ICD)

I don't know if it's an oversight, or Blizz's way of making sure you're paying attention /shrug
I think the most likely culprit is bottle is way over budget in terms of uptime. 20 second uptime, 45 second icd is incredibly high.
Similarly, the VP Healing trinket from Shado-Pan is significantly worse than Relic of Chi-ji, even though it's a higher ilvl (for the same reason as your example - a much longer ICD)

I don't know if it's an oversight, or Blizz's way of making sure you're paying attention /shrug

DMC trinkets are usually BiS for a tier. This is nothing new, they almost always beat out all other trinkets, even heroic ones, until the next raid tier. But I am talking about Bottle of Infinite Stars which is not a DMC trinket.

I think the most likely culprit is bottle is way over budget in terms of uptime. 20 second uptime, 45 second icd is incredibly high.

This is true also. Either the ICD on Terror in the mists needs to reduced significantly, or the duration of it's buff increased. I'd rather one of those than Bottle of Infinite Stars nerfed. I just feel like I wasted 25 dkp for nothing on Terror in the Mists.
11/15/2012 02:17 PMPosted by Bemis
I just feel like I wasted 25 dkp for nothing on Terror in the Mists.

If you're using a dkp system you should probably know what is/isn't an upgrade before you use points on it.
11/15/2012 03:01 PMPosted by Vitiosity
I just feel like I wasted 25 dkp for nothing on Terror in the Mists.

If you're using a dkp system you should probably know what is/isn't an upgrade before you use points on it.

True, but there is no way Terror should not be an upgrade over Infinite Stars. Maybe icds should start being shown on the tooltips for trinkets. If you see an item that is higher ilvl and has better stats, excluding perhaps something that adds to a tier set bonus, it should be an upgrade. A higher ilvl trinket with tons of my 2 most wanted stats should beat a lower ilvl trinket with stats that are not as good. Stupid icds should not be part of the equation. I have never had something like this happen before in my 7 years of raiding. I guess I will have to be more careful if there are going to be other dumb things like this happening from now on.
I agree. It should be an upgrade....that's kinda weird. I was just sayin' :P
Bottle of Infinite Stars: 3236 agi proc, 20s duration, 45s iCD, 15% proc rate, 30~35% average uptime.
Average value: 1079 mastery + 924 agi

Terror in the Mists: 6908 crit, 20s duration, 105s iCD, 15% proc rate, 15~20% average uptime.
Average value: 1152 agi + 1150 crit

I don't see a problem.
Bottle of Infinite Stars: 3236 agi proc, 20s duration, 45s iCD, 15% proc rate, 30~35% average uptime.

Terror in the Mists: 6908 crit, 20s duration, 105s iCD, 15% proc rate, 15~20% average uptime.

I don't see a problem.

According to your "average values" the Terror in the Mists should be an upgrade just from agi. But then you also have to factor that in my case, as a hunter, crit is better than mastery for me, so it should be an even bigger upgrade. But because of Terror's stupid long ICD, I actually lose dps equipping it over Bottle.

Edit: I read your post wrong. I see your math accounts for ICDs. Considering I am leaving for work in 10 mins I cant check your math, but femaledwarf is telling my that normal Bottle>normal terror. I already spoke to Zeherah and she said the proc info is correct on her site. So there has to be something else going on.
11/15/2012 04:05 PMPosted by Crooklyn
mop babby's first long icd trinket

I see you can't read, and I see that you think 7 years of raiding = MoP baby. You are a credit to our class.
11/15/2012 02:03 PMPosted by Fierydemise

IDK bout that, light of the cosmos is exactly the same, and so is lei shin's orders iirc.
Use Terror and Bottle? Where's the problem?

Moreover, if you've been playing as long as you say, then you should know this sort of thing is common with trinkets. Firelands clicky trinkets come to mind, and Greatness cards in Wrath.

I don't see a problem.

nice 'math' bro, I like how you pull your 'average values' out of thin air

(hint 924 is 28.5% of 3236, also the average uptime of bottle is more like 41%, so the average agility would be 1325, nice try tho. )
Op didn't look up bis lists / theorycraft before taking loot over guildies (or wasting a coin) and is now crying, so that the item itself can be changed to accommodate his build... really?

Also since you seem like one of those people that wouldn't know this yet... but the sha touched reg weapons with a legendary gems beat heroic msv weapons... just so you don't waste your guilds loot. Again.

I don't see a problem.

Really for 15% proc rates it really still wont take longer then 5s to proc the effect.

Bottle of Infinite Stars: 3236 agi proc, 20s duration, 45s iCD, 15% proc rate. 44.4% uptime at Max (40% uptime realistic)
Average Values (Max): 1079 mastery + 1438 Agi
Average Values (Realistic): 1079 Mastery + 1294 Agi

Terror in the Mists: 6908 crit, 20s duration, 105s iCD, 15% proc rate. 19% uptime at Max (18.2% uptime realistic)
Average Values (Max): 1152 Agi + 1316 Crit
Average Values (Realistic): 1152 Agi + 1256 Crit

Also remember Terror is 7 Ilvls Higher 489 vs 496. Either Terror is under budget or Bottle is over budget.
Maybe the site you are using is modeling one of the trinkets incorrectly?
I know for rogues its:

Normal terror<LFR Bottle<DMC<H Terror<Normal bottle<Heroic Bottle