Looking for house

World’s End Tavern: Role-play and Fan Fiction
looking for an empty house for my Undead toon in silverpine or lorderon or somewhere around the UC capital anyone know a place?
There are plenty of them in the old town of Pyrewood, or even in the Gilnaen ruins. lots of empty houses in the villages.
11/16/2012 12:38 AMPosted by Amarlei
There are plenty of them in the old town of Pyrewood, or even in the Gilnaen ruins

Do not use the Ruins of Gilneas if you are Horde. They are Alliance territory, lore-wise.

I recommend using some of the houses around the Lake Lordamere (the lake Fenris Isle is on) - it would be refreshing to see an undead rather than blood elves taking up residence in Forsaken territory.
11/16/2012 07:01 PMPosted by Mebahiah
There are plenty of them in the old town of Pyrewood, or even in the Gilnaen ruins

Do not use the Ruins of Gilneas if you are Horde. They are Alliance territory, lore-wise.

I recommend using some of the houses around the Lake Lordamere (the lake Fenris Isle is on) - it would be refreshing to see an undead rather than blood elves taking up residence in Forsaken territory.

^This

I rage every time I see horde rping in Gilneans houses or the city.
The horde has been pushed out, lore-wise if you tried to go past the gate you would be torn to shreds by the feral Bloodfang pack worgen
I once RPed getting trapped past the gate. My character came out of the situation without her right arm (she had to stitch on a new one).

There are SI:7, Gilneas Liberation Front, and Bloodfang worgen beyond that wall and they were more than capable of tearing her to shreds.

I used not having to breathe among other benefits to being undead to escape to Hillsbrad before her pursuers could find Mebahiah and kill her.
11/16/2012 10:54 PMPosted by Drewan

^This

I rage every time I see horde rping in Gilneans houses or the city.
The horde has been pushed out, lore-wise if you tried to go past the gate you would be torn to shreds by the feral Bloodfang pack worgen

When did this happen? I've read this multiple times, but last thing I remember, at the end of Silverpine, the Gilneans had to retreat after Godfrey took Lorna Crowley hostage. I don't understand why Gilneas isn't Horde-controlled, lorewise.
11/16/2012 07:01 PMPosted by Mebahiah
Lorewise I think that Gilneas is still a battlefield between the Alliance and the Horde, hence the nicely named and themed "Battle for Gilneas" I mean I guess they could have been pushed back during the Forsaken questline but all they did was surrender, but what does that mean? For all we know of the terms for surrender meant that the Forsaken got the entire landmass but the Alliance wasn't willing to give up the land so they fought back against encroaching Forsaken. It's possible that those houses are in the scope of Forsaken land.
Gilneas is either still a battleground or Neutral territory occupied by Alliance forces.

:P

Anyways, Mebahiah named a great spot for you.
11/21/2012 01:09 AMPosted by Dyskrasia
When did this happen? I've read this multiple times, but last thing I remember, at the end of Silverpine, the Gilneans had to retreat after Godfrey took Lorna Crowley hostage. I don't understand why Gilneas isn't Horde-controlled, lorewise.

11/21/2012 01:13 AMPosted by Vynathlon
Lorewise I think that Gilneas is still a battlefield between the Alliance and the Horde, hence the nicely named and themed "Battle for Gilneas" I mean I guess they could have been pushed back during the Forsaken questline but all they did was surrender, but what does that mean? For all we know of the terms for surrender meant that the Forsaken got the entire landmass but the Alliance wasn't willing to give up the land so they fought back against encroaching Forsaken. It's possible that those houses are in the scope of Forsaken land.

During the silverpine story line the forsaken were pushed out of gilneas, the alliance forces kept pushing past the wall and expanded into silverpine, now on the offense and the forsaken were on the defense. The deal with the whole Crowley's daughter fiasco was that the alliance agree to pull out of silverpine and they get Lorna back and that is what they do. They pull back to the wall and make no more advances out into Silverpine.

They fall back to the wall - keep this in mind, heck if you go past the wall after the storyline, the area is filled with hundreds of worgen running around and dead and burnt forsaken. They didn't give the forsaken access to Gilneas. The country is currently under alliance control. That is why the Battle-ground exists. The story behind it is that their forces keep getting repeled at the gates and are gaining no ground so they attempt a secondary sea invasion hoping to deploy soldiers by water.

So currently Gilneas is being held by The Gilneas Liberation Front, Bloodfang's Pack and the 7th legion. The only fighting is at the gate and a small part of the coast.

And now for a little bit On topic in regards to houses....

Rant Incoming~

PLEASE FOR THE LOVE OF GOD; if you are not a dwarf don't claim to have a house in ironforge unless you have a good reason. Dwarves are xenephobic race, they distrust most non-dwarves on principal unless they gain their trust, especially elves. Now then, most dwarves are part large families or clans some even belonging to sub-clans within a big clan

(All ironforge dwarves are members of the bronzebeard clan but not all are related to the royal/main clan head, many have sub families within the clan ex. Clan stonebeard, strongaxe etc. Same goes for Wildhammers and Dark Ions)

Now honor, family and clan mean a lot to a dwarf and if a dwarf dies, his home would most likely be given to a member of an immediate family (if available) or to another clan member. Dwarves are also long lived (Max age around 420-ish) meaning most have lived in teher homes for hundreds of years. That being the case there would technically be no empty homes in ironforge as they would promptly be given to the previous owners family/clan or if a dwarf had none, to a worthy clan/family.

It really irks me when I see a bunch of elves, or dreanei or what not sitting in a house claiming they bought it and waving an invisible deed in my face. A dwarf would never sell his house to a non-dwarf, no matter how much he needed/wanted the money. It would be considered a disgrace to his clan and honor, and like I said, to a dwarf, honor is everything.

Try imagning an elf in lotr trying to buy the house of a dwarf in Erebor, no matter how much money he had, it would never happen, same thing applies here.

/endrant

During the silverpine story line the forsaken were pushed out of gilneas, the alliance forces kept pushing past the wall and expanded into silverpine, now on the offense and the forsaken were on the defense. The deal with the whole Crowley's daughter fiasco was that the alliance agree to pull out of silverpine and they get Lorna back and that is what they do. They pull back to the wall and make no more advances out into Silverpine.

They fall back to the wall - keep this in mind, heck if you go past the wall after the storyline, the area is filled with hundreds of worgen running around and dead and burnt forsaken. They didn't give the forsaken access to Gilneas. The country is currently under alliance control. That is why the Battle-ground exists. The story behind it is that their forces keep getting repeled at the gates and are gaining no ground so they attempt a secondary sea invasion hoping to deploy soldiers by water.

So currently Gilneas is being held by The Gilneas Liberation Front, Bloodfang's Pack and the 7th legion. The only fighting is at the gate and a small part of the coast.

And now for a little bit On topic in regards to houses....

Rant Incoming~

PLEASE FOR THE LOVE OF GOD; if you are not a dwarf don't claim to have a house in ironforge unless you have a good reason. Dwarves are xenephobic race, they distrust most non-dwarves on principal unless they gain their trust, especially elves. Now then, most dwarves are part large families or clans some even belonging to sub-clans within a big clan

(All ironforge dwarves are members of the bronzebeard clan but not all are related to the royal/main clan head, many have sub families within the clan ex. Clan stonebeard, strongaxe etc. Same goes for Wildhammers and Dark Ions)

Now honor, family and clan mean a lot to a dwarf and if a dwarf dies, his home would most likely be given to a member of an immediate family (if available) or to another clan member. Dwarves are also long lived (Max age around 420-ish) meaning most have lived in teher homes for hundreds of years. That being the case there would technically be no empty homes in ironforge as they would promptly be given to the previous owners family/clan or if a dwarf had none, to a worthy clan/family.

It really irks me when I see a bunch of elves, or dreanei or what not sitting in a house claiming they bought it and waving an invisible deed in my face. A dwarf would never sell his house to a non-dwarf, no matter how much he needed/wanted the money. It would be considered a disgrace to his clan and honor, and like I said, to a dwarf, honor is everything.

Try imagning an elf in lotr trying to buy the house of a dwarf in Erebor, no matter how much money he had, it would never happen, same thing applies here.

/endrant

Can I get a link for your lore? I'd really to see more about official racial ages and dwarven lore.
Since when are dwarves xenophobic? I feel like they're a pretty nice lot. I mean, remember Muradin? Best friggin' buds with Arthas ever since he was little, friend to the king, constantly spending time in the castle with Arthas, training him... IDK man. I don't think it says anywhere that dwarves are xenophobic.
11/21/2012 09:35 PMPosted by Alenlor
Can I get a link for your lore? I'd really to see more about official racial ages and dwarven lore

There is nothing 'official' in terms of ages as the only think we know about race ages were in the rpg books and are now considered non-cannon but it is probably safe to say the life-spas haven't changed much if not at all from them
Greymane manor is a cool place.
It doesn't have that many rooms in it, but it's still awesome.

Oh, and one more thing: Greymane manor is MINE.
11/21/2012 09:46 PMPosted by Drewan
Can I get a link for your lore? I'd really to see more about official racial ages and dwarven lore

There is nothing 'official' in terms of ages as the only think we know about race ages were in the rpg books and are now considered non-cannon but it is probably safe to say the life-spas haven't changed much if not at all from them

Fair enough.

Where did you get your info on dwarves being, as Dots puts it, xenophobic? They let the gnomes stay there in Ironforge in a time of need. Assuming "Pearl of Pandaria" is lore friendly, they were also quite gracious hosts to Li Li and Chen.

Fair enough.

Where did you get your info on dwarves being, as Dots puts it, xenophobic? They let the gnomes stay there in Ironforge in a time of need. Assuming "Pearl of Pandaria" is lore friendly, they were also quite gracious hosts to Li Li and Chen.

It's never flat out stated but dwarves so far are one the only races where you see a divide in the city between the races, bordering segregation, and by that I am referring to the ability for outsiders to see all of ironforge. ironforge, lore wise has 8 levels. What we see in game is only the 5th level or 5th deep as it's called by the dwarves. This is the only deep or level allowed to be seen or visited by non-dwarves. You can supposedly see exists from the 4th level at Ironforge airport as well as the farms on the far side of the mountain. Levels 2/3 could be seen in the form of teh big walls and ramparts sticking out of the mountain (first deep is supposedly closer to the peak) while the 6 through 8th levels are bellow what we can see in-game.

Kinda neat when you think about it, we are only seeing 1/8th of Ironforge in-game.
Greymane manor is a cool place.
It doesn't have that many rooms in it, but it's still awesome.

Oh, and one more thing: Greymane manor is MINE.

no..no it isn't. It belong to King Genn Greymane, you can;t claim a house belonging to a notable lore-figure and claim it as yours, unless you use the place merely as a location but rp that it is a different manor entirely :P
Don't forget the whispering forest.

Fair enough.

It's never flat out stated but dwarves so far are one the only races where you see a divide in the city between the races, bordering segregation, and by that I am referring to the ability for outsiders to see all of ironforge. ironforge, lore wise has 8 levels. What we see in game is only the 5th level or 5th deep as it's called by the dwarves. This is the only deep or level allowed to be seen or visited by non-dwarves. You can supposedly see exists from the 4th level at Ironforge airport as well as the farms on the far side of the mountain. Levels 2/3 could be seen in the form of teh big walls and ramparts sticking out of the mountain (first deep is supposedly closer to the peak) while the 6 through 8th levels are bellow what we can see in-game.

Kinda neat when you think about it, we are only seeing 1/8th of Ironforge in-game.

Hmm, neat. That's good knowledge to have. I've always wondered about those, house/fort buildings sticking out of the mountain side.
Hmm, thats actualy a good question, i have been looking for a house for my preist and her "sisters" that is not SMC, everyone seems to live there.lol, but i cant find anywhere suitable tho so idk , i did find one in silverpine across freom the forsaken frount but im guessing from previous post, it doesnt mesh with lore so looks like im still looking. ~sighs~
Scarlet Enclave.
And Tyr's hand, just remember to finish all the quests there so you do not get attacked by the Scarlet Undead.