Spine of Deathwing rolling problem?

Dungeons, Raids and Scenarios
I didnt play when it was current

why is deathwing rolling when everyone is in the middle. its getting annoying.
all it takes is one guy to fix the issue.

if 9 players are on left and one on right he wont roll.

if 9 players are on right and one on left he wont roll

if 10 players are on left or right (even if its just slightly to the left of the median) he will roll.

most likely you don't have 10 people in the middle but just slightly to the left or whatever which causes him to roll. just have one person move to the right to fix the issue.
have 2 people counterbalance at all times, you shouldn't need to roll at 90.
11/16/2012 09:13 PMPosted by Asane

really?
11/16/2012 10:14 PMPosted by Jeromejaxxon

really?

if 1 person is left, and 1 is right, you will never roll.

With 3x as much health, twice as much damage (Presumably) and the like, you won't eer need to roll, just offtank the 8 or so adds.
There's no "middle". If you've got 10 guys a hair's breadth left of centre, he's rolling left.

On normal mode there's certainly no need to roll at 90 (or at 85 with geared group!).

Conceivably heroic mode might get overwhelmed with Blood Corruption if you don't get rid of some amalgs.
I don't think amalgs ever recast blood corruption. They cast it once ~10 seconds after they spawn and that is it. So unless you throw them off right after they spawn, it won't make a difference in terms of the number of blood corruptions you get.
11/16/2012 11:08 PMPosted by Autumni
There's no "middle". If you've got 10 guys a hair's breadth left of centre, he's rolling left.

no "middle".

left of centre

centre

"middle"

:/

(Just nitpicking :D)

There is a middle where he does not roll, but each time he does perform a roll he becomes more 'sensitive' in regards to how far people have to move left/right for him to begin rolling, iirc.

OP it's more likely your raid group is either standing a bit off to the side, or a few people are, causing a roll.
11/17/2012 08:02 AMPosted by Thundër
There is a middle where he does not roll, but each time he does perform a roll he becomes more 'sensitive' in regards to how far people have to move left/right for him to begin rolling, iirc.

I don't think this is true. Obviously what I meant is that every position is either considered 'left' or 'right', if you stand exactly on what seems to be the centreline it'll assign you as either left or right.

There's no such point.

It's just a logical difference between odd and even. Pretend if you will that a straight line across the room is 250 pixels. That means each point is assigned L or R, and there will be 125 L's and 125 R's. If you move from pixel 125 to pixel 126, you are no longer on L and you are on R.

You can bump that to 250,000 or whatever and the same holds true. There's no magical pixel that confuses the game into thinking you're in the "middle".
Just balance and burn. We tried to roll on the first part but our healer DC'd, so 1 tank and 4 dps just plowed through it (DK tank ftw) and we killed it easy.
11/17/2012 08:02 AMPosted by Thundër

Where do people come up with this, rofl

Seriously, 1 person left, 1 person right, you win.

And, ya the blood corruption is only cast a few seconds after a tentacle dies

the amalgs do nothing but melee and suck up blood, you won't get overwhelmed if you can do 3 lifts, if you can't do 3 lifts at 90, go back to disney land
You can have every person far on one side and one person just accross the center line on the other side and he won't roll.
And, ya the blood corruption is only cast a few seconds after a tentacle dies

the amalgs do nothing but melee and suck up blood, you won't get overwhelmed if you can do 3 lifts, if you can't do 3 lifts at 90, go back to disney land

The Amalgs do the Blood Corruption. I can go look at our video from way back, but I remember seeing the debuffs recast, or it could just be insainity. Either way, it's super easy to deal with, and if they do more casts, the raid just gets more buffs.
blood corruption doesnt get recast
so i had a hard time soloing this one but it is do able (at least as a death knight). The trick is to keep running. Start by killing 3 arms and then ground yourself and make him roll. Collect the bloods and when your ready kill the last arm. This is where it gets tricky. Keep running from left to right never letting him roll. You have about 10 sec before he rolls so just keep crossing the line. Do the lift and rinse and repeat for the win. Getting the timing on the rolls is the hard part but once you get that down its a cake walk. Good Luck with all your adventures.

PS hopefully this helps someone :)
Mkay. So, this, I have experience with. Firstly, don't group spine. It's 53489503495034950349x easier solo. All you do is move side to side. When you see the notification that deathwing feels players on x side, move to the other side. Move into a blood hole when you kill the tentacles to get rid of almags (They still !@#$ing hurt, btw). Do it the way you were meant to do it back in the day and you're golden.
Solo spine. As soon as it prompts you rolling left, go right and visa-versa. You'll be moving every few seconds but it will never roll.
Do you guys have any suggestions for how the original poster should solo it 2.5 years ago as a level 90 in the first tier of MoP, before the stat squish?