LFR loot - 0-45..this can't be right

Dungeons, Raids and Scenarios
Prev 1 2 3 8 Next
You're using an LFR piece on the armory. Seriously, way to make things look significantly worse then they actually are.
I said though the new system is good, someone would probably go for 100 rolls with no loot and quit.

And that the system needs a streak breaker to make sure it gives loot after say 25 consecutive fails or something like that.

But the way bliz looks at it, having probably less than 100 people quit because of no loot is not worth the effort of adding a streak breaker into it.

Now there are probably more than 10k players playing wow, so that means probably 7 of them are in the same boat you are.

The problem is if the Gods of RNG dont like you, you are pretty much locked out from ever progressing in this game.

Blizzard really needed a streakbreaker, I would expect you might see it for the next expansion, though its possible they will never loose enough players from it to ever fix it.
Streakbreaker is called Valor points.. which, incidentally, awards higher item level loot than the majority of LFR drops.
11/17/2012 09:20 AMPosted by Hyjinx
Streakbreaker is called Valor points.. which, incidentally, awards higher item level loot than the majority of LFR drops.

Oh there is a valor weapon, please enlighten me.

Valor to some extant compensates for bad luck but it doesnt help a person who gets no drops.

but as I said its probably worth it to blizz to just let the people who get luck that bad to quit.
11/17/2012 09:46 AMPosted by Sarosha

Valor to some extant compensates for bad luck but it doesnt help a person who gets no drops.

but as I said its probably worth it to blizz to just let the people who get luck that bad to quit.

Hey, do you know what "majority" means?

Yes, it actually DOES help a person who gets no drops.. by allowing them to purchase gear that is, in most cases, better than LFR drops. An LFR hero is going to have most of his slots be Valor by the end of the tier.. the only slots that would be "better" in LFR gear would be tier gear and weapons.

It does help people with no drop luck as it allows them to obtain raid quality gear that is better than LFR.

The type of item it is doesn't matter. Stop trying to strawman.

The valor system is there as a backup to the drop system. I don't bother with LFR loot... just normal / heroic mode loot. I'm still wearing a blue item from 5 mans despite being 3/6 HM MSV, 6/6 normal HoF and 3/4 normal terrace. (I won't have enough valor until next week to buy the shoulders but /shrug.. it's something over nothing.. as people have pointed out to you) A lot of my gear is still valor gear that would otherwise be blues.

Same principle applies.... Valor points are the bad luck breaker as you ALWAYS get valor.
11/16/2012 09:20 PMPosted by Konviction
I still guarantee that no one can roll 45 times and not roll a number from 1-15. i'll bet 50k gold to your 1k all day long.

For fun, I decided to give this a try and see what I got using http://www.random.org and generating 45 numbers, 1 through 100. Here are my results.

In those rolls, I got a SINGLE number 15 or under. This was only my first time doing this as well, meaning getting 0 out of 45 isn't that farfetched. On the flip side though, if the rolls were 85 to 100 gets you gear, you actually would of won 6 different times. Kind of funny how that happens.
11/17/2012 06:04 AMPosted by Konviction
The 0-45 streak comes from 3 different toons.

Really now. You forgot to unequip your RF Eligion weapon before making this post, and you got a Starshatter as well. So scratch that "0-45".

The odds of me getting nothing get higher and higher eveytime I kill a boss and don't win. I understand that the odds of wining a piece of loot is 15% eveytime. that doesn't change. But the odds of going 0-5 vs 0-45 is way way different.

I don't know how to figure the odds, I found one wow site which put me at a 99.92224% chance to recieve loot. So according to that its a .06 chance. Not sure if that means basically 1 out of 200 people will have this result. That still doesnt seem right to me tho.

Math appears to be correct. But it doesn't matter. There will be that one unlucky person with those odds (Though really, that unlucky person isn't you).

I'm not alone in long bad streaks acording to the forums.

Who's more willing to complain about loot on the forums? That unlucky person who hasn't won anything after X runs, or the person that got decked out in RF gear the first two runs they did?

If it's not a bug then blizz needs to add something in that raises your chances so that you don't have people going 0-45.

Why? No one's entitled to loot. Trust me, I have worse luck than you ever did. It's almost comical how bad my luck has been through several tiers now. Yet I'm sitting at 482 ilevel.

I didn't just run LFR and not get loot then come to the forums to ask for the devs to look at this. The customer service reps can pass this on if they felt they needed too. This is the customer service forum after all. I didn't post this in general discussion.

Sounds like you did.

I'm 99.93334 % sure No one postng has gone 0-45 becasue if it was you, you wouldn't be on here all happy go lucky about how it's bad luck. You'd be saying 0-45 is not acceptable.

I understand people can come on here and say I went so and so on such and such. I want to hear from someone that goes 0-40 or more in LFR and then i'll "be more acceptable" of my results.

39 LFR bosses killed on this char, only thing I won were two items I couldn't use. Took me 27 boss kills for an item. This includes 6 charms as well.

There you go, are you "more accepting" now?
The OP is lying about going 0/45 in LFR he has a Elegon 1 hand right on his armory, and LFR Starshatter in his history. This is without seeing his other characters.

Another guy complaining about getting nothing when it just isn't true.
Well you see if you remove the times I actually won loot and ignore those in any calculation, it is therefore statistically impossible (even though it is possible) that I could have gone 45 bosses without loot (even though I have gotten a handful of items).

Remember! I only remember the times I didn't get loot from the system, the times I did get loot I like to ignore to make this system seem very broken.
The 0-45 streak comes from 3 different toons.

The odds of me getting nothing get higher and higher eveytime I kill a boss and don't win. I understand that the odds of wining a piece of loot is 15% eveytime. that doesn't change. But the odds of going 0-5 vs 0-45 is way way different.

No, because that's the gamblers fallacy. Yes, your situation is unlikely. That's the point, it does not happen to many people. Is it however statistically possible for somebody to get no loot after 100 kills. 1000. Extremely unlikely maybe, but possible nonetheless.

I don't know how to figure the odds, I found one wow site which put me at a 99.92224% chance to recieve loot. So according to that its a .06 chance. Not sure if that means basically 1 out of 200 people will have this result. That still doesnt seem right to me tho.

Assuming that number is correct, it's about a 0.078% chance, which my very rough napkin math says is something in the range of 1 out of 1200. Very low odds certainly, but if you're going to try and argue that there's a magical line that can be crossed where low probabilities become impossible then you just don't understand statistics. In all seriousness though, 1 out of every 1200 people is REALLY not that uncommon in the grand scheme of several million players.

I'm not alone in long bad streaks acording to the forums.

Yeah, there's one of you for every 1200 of us, that's how the math works. You guys are just way more likely to come cry on the forums.

And as people have pointed out, we're up to a total of 3 pieces of loot you have been proven to have won. You aren't even the 0.078%.
this crap again?
11/17/2012 08:25 AMPosted by Sarosha
I said though the new system is good, someone would probably go for 100 rolls with no loot and quit.

You're not some sort of authority so I wish you'd stop saying "I said" like anyone remembers your posts for anything but their overwhelming stupidity.
11/16/2012 04:23 PMPosted by Konviction
How can I be 0-45 , includes 7 bonus loot rolls, and not get any loot. I have to be flagged or bugged. I run with gulides and this week alone several of them recieved 3-4 pieces from a 6 boss clear.

The OP is lying about going 0/45 in LFR he has a Elegon 1 hand right on his armory, and LFR Starshatter in his history. This is without seeing his other characters.

Another guy complaining about getting nothing when it just isn't true.
Busted.
11/17/2012 12:52 PMPosted by Nery
Majority means all the people that agree with him despite how wrong he might be, duh!
All 2 million of them?
For the first month or so I never got anything with coin rolls....

Then I get the mace from 25 MSV then my next 2 rolls in LFR HoF I get a 483 dagger and mace.

I rolled heads like 20 times in a row... then rolled tails 3 times in a row.
Please someone tell me the odds that I can go 0-45 with a 15% chance.

1 in 1500. Of course I haven't factored in that you're lying.