LFR loot - 0-45..this can't be right

Dungeons, Raids and Scenarios
Post Limit:
Prev 1 6 7 8 Next

Just because something has a reward doesn't mean it's designed solely to destribute rewards.

Meditate on this.
that does not matter - the fact is, if content had no rewards, the majority of players would never repeat content and just unsub after doing it once

That's irrelevant. The point of LFR still isn't to gear up for normal modes. It's perfectly possible to bypass LFR entirely. Groups that raided before LFR was open did exactly that.

that does not matter - the fact is, if content had no rewards, the majority of players would never repeat content and just unsub after doing it once

That's irrelevant. The point of LFR still isn't to gear up for normal modes. It's perfectly possible to bypass LFR entirely. Groups that raided before LFR was open did exactly that.
and then LFR would be dead after everyone running it ONCE...they put rewards in that have a CHANCE to drop so ppl who WANT that reward will run it MORE then once, no matter WHAT you say
1) You DONT need LFR gear to progress in normals.

2) Just because you have not won loot doesn't mean anything is broken.

3) Blizzard has a system in place for people with bad RNG, that was implemented for that EXACT reason. Its called VALOR.

and then LFR would be dead after everyone running it ONCE...they put rewards in that have a CHANCE to drop so ppl who WANT that reward will run it MORE then once, no matter WHAT you say

Like I said, irrelevant.

The point is you don't need to do LFR to get into normals or progress in normal mode.

LFR has rewards so people will run it, yes. Do you need the rewards? No.
LOL.. this is funny because people are still replying to OP's post and he still isn't fully enchanted. Gahhhh!!!
12/03/2012 12:59 PMPosted by Zaxan

"I want to loot the content"
So I was fishing for Spinefish Alpha when I noticed this thread. While it's old, it was a nice distraction. Download Textpad and a version of java, run this (change the ITERATIONS and HIGH constants if you want to play around).

import java.util.*;

public class DiceRoll
{
public static void main(String[] args)
{
int ITERATIONS = 1000000; //sets of 45 rolls
int HIGH = 15; //range max (in this case guessing 15% drop rate)
int count = 0; //count how many sets did not have the range rolled
char badSet = 'n'; //flag to add to the above

System.out.println("\nRolling " + ITERATIONS + " sets of 45.");

for (int i = 0; i < ITERATIONS; i++) //main loop for iteration
{
badSet = 'n'; //reset set value for each loop

for (int j = 0; j < 45; j++) //nested loop for the rolls
{
Random rand = new Random(); //set up the random
int diceRoll = 1 + (int)(Math.random() * ((100 - 1) + 1));

if (diceRoll <= HIGH)
badSet = 'y';
} //end of roll loop

if (badSet == 'n') //add to the count
count = count + 1;

} //end of iteration loop

//Printing the results
System.out.println("\nThe program failed to roll within the range " + count + " times.");

System.out.println("\n\n"); //end of program spacing
} //end of main
} // end of class

As you can see, while I wouldn't bet on it, it's very possible.

Just because something has a reward doesn't mean it's designed solely to destribute rewards.

Meditate on this.

Your rebuttal was to a comment that stated LFR had reasons for its design and existance outside distributing rewards, and that its rewards were unnecessary for progression in normal raids.

Your response was HURR DURR IT HASH REWARDSH PEOPLE RUN IT TO GET REWARDSH HURR DURR which was either missing or ignoring his point.

Does reward quality factor into the replayability of content? Absolutely. Does content exist to distribute rewards? Not primarily, no.

The two are different arguments, and you failed to address the argument you sought to rebut.
There is definitely no connection experience wise of LFR and normal Raids.
LFR is nothing like normal raids, what ever u do in LFR will get you killed and will get others killed by you.
LFR is mostly for the loot for raids. If you Try to get Experience for raids via LFR well my friend, its just what i tell my students, forget everything you've learned in school, because 90% of it is not how it works.

LFR is mostly for the loot for raids. If you Try to get Experience for raids via LFR well my friend, its just what i tell my students, forget everything you've learned in school, because 90% of it is not how it works.

Why not? I believe many people had gotten a brief preview of what to expect for normal MSV on the first week of LFR release.
I think some people are missing the point. "you're just unlucky" may be true but it doesnt help anyone. i have been running 7 toons weekly through lfr.. my luck has been quite variable as expected..

the problem is with rng determining loot there is a 100% chance that a small number of people are going to get nothing.. with millions of players there are 100% going to be alot of people (that are putting in the same effort and paying the same fees as you or me) that get nothing.

someone on the other end of the curve with lots of lfr gear telling them to stop whining isnt helpful. just wait till its you that is on the !@#$ty end of the rng equation and see if you still agree with the oh stop whining youre just unlucky faction.

It seems reasonable that the development skills available to blizzard would make implementing some more equitable system simple (if not trivial).
this week im 1/48 YAY i looted on my druid...........nada on dk priest monk
tbh i dont care its only lfr but yeah its ridiculous

the OMFG loot week thus far was 3/48
You get to see the content with zero effort, loot is a bonus to that awesome experience that Blizz has created avenues of access for the average player.

I have a hard time hearing people complain they aren't getting enough loot when they aren't looking into various other ways of acquiring loot (normal raids, specifically)

[E] - My point, LFR is not a replacement for normal/heroic raiding, and should not be your main "loot acquiring activity" if you are serious about character progression.
well blizz should remove loot from lfr since its an awsome opportunity for us common mortal w kids and full time jobs to take a sneak peak of wath kids that are flipping burgers at mcdonalds can acomplish by raiding 5 hour /day
12/07/2012 12:32 PMPosted by Randomìze
well blizz should remove loot from lfr since its an awsome opportunity for us common mortal w kids and full time jobs to take a sneak peak of wath kids that are flipping burgers at mcdonalds can acomplish by raiding 5 hour /day

So you have no time to play the game, yet you have the opportunity to kill every current boss and have access to current gear from the tier? This was not even close to realistic in the past.

At what point should they just start giving players free epics for dinging max level?

Not sure who told you that it's a requirement to raid 5 days a week ([E] or 5 hours/day lol) to kill normal mode content, but it's not and your argument here is juvenile, at best.
11/17/2012 09:52 AMPosted by Waraila

Oh there is a valor weapon, please enlighten me.

Valor to some extant compensates for bad luck but it doesnt help a person who gets no drops.

but as I said its probably worth it to blizz to just let the people who get luck that bad to quit.

It does help people with no drop luck as it allows them to obtain raid quality gear that is better than LFR.

The type of item it is doesn't matter. Stop trying to strawman.

The valor system is there as a backup to the drop system. I don't bother with LFR loot... just normal / heroic mode loot. I'm still wearing a blue item from 5 mans despite being 3/6 HM MSV, 6/6 normal HoF and 3/4 normal terrace. (I won't have enough valor until next week to buy the shoulders but /shrug.. it's something over nothing.. as people have pointed out to you) A lot of my gear is still valor gear that would otherwise be blues.

Same principle applies.... Valor points are the bad luck breaker as you ALWAYS get valor.

If you're doing this on an alt, and not wanting to re-farm all the dailies, then you can't really spend your valor beyond 1 or 2 slots, so this isn't really a bad luck breaker unless you then decide 'screw it, I'm doing all the dailies' in which case, you lose again. a double-whammy.
the probability of 45 straight rolls with nothing greater than 85 is like .06%. So it can happen! for 6 players in 10,000, it will happen.
I'll grant that it's entirely possible, but whenever I read these I'm always extremely suspicious. There's a difference between "I didn't win anything!" and "I didn't win anything useful!", and probability vastly favors the latter.

Someone determined to loudly complain on forums can easily fudge that critical detail that they won stuff but already had the same thing or better.
12/07/2012 12:32 PMPosted by Randomìze
It is truly frightening that an adult with kids thinks and types this way.
12/07/2012 12:56 PMPosted by Davincy
If you're doing this on an alt, and not wanting to re-farm all the dailies, then you can't really spend your valor beyond 1 or 2 slots, so this isn't really a bad luck breaker unless you then decide 'screw it, I'm doing all the dailies' in which case, you lose again. a double-whammy.

I have a hard time believing anyone's luck is so bad that they don't have items to upgrade by the time they cap Valor doing LFRs.

Also, really don't care about your alts. I think it's good that it's tougher to have a legion of well-geared alts this expansion.