QQ?

Hunter
So why is everyone crying? I'm not seeing a huge nerd happening in he next patch. If everyone is worried that they will plummet in dps due to LR becoming just a bleed, thats just sad. I think learning how to play your hunter might be the real issue here. So please, someone explain to me...

•Hunter •Careful Aim now increases the critical strike chance of Steady Shot and Aimed Shot by 75% on targets who are above 80% health, down from 90%. •The duration of Steady Focus has been increased to 20 seconds, up from 10 seconds. •Aspect of the Fox has been removed. •Steady Shot, Cobra Shot, and Barrage can now always be cast on the move. •Lynx Rush has been changed. Lynx Rush is now a bleed effect that causes damage every 3 seconds over a period of 15 seconds, and stacks up to 9 times. •Bestial Wrath no longer grants Hunter pets immunity to crowd control effects, and instead now breaks existing crowd control effects when activated. •Glyphs •The Glyph of Icy Solace has been renamed to Glyph of Solace, and now causes both Scattershot and Freezing Trap to remove all damage over time effects from the target. •Glyph of Scattering has been removed. •A new Major Glyph has been added: Glyph of Aimed Shot. This glyph allows Aimed Shot to be used while moving
I think it's more about what wasn't changed.

Sustained dps is still a huge issue. Everyone knows it. Everyone posts real logs and stats proving it, and yet blizz still says it's a "looking into" issue. So we're paying to play for months waiting to catch up to everyone else for raid dps. The fact that BM is the highest dps in raids, but lynx rush is getting a big dps nerf, then that only means hunters will do even LESS dps than we currently do. If I had to guess the link..that would be it.

In terms of PVP, nah, we're fine. People like having the instagib of stampede and lynx rush so losing it is quite a bummer is all. It only becomes more sour when warriors and mages can still hit you for most of your health in one shot, but hunters are told it's too powerful when we do it.
Dunno about from a raid stand point however from a pvp stand point the BW nerf is huge. This means our major dps CD can easily be avoided with a cyclone or fear. I doubt it will completely destroy BM but it has the potential to hurt extremely bad. The Lynx Rush change will just slow down our burst. Personally (Of course I started late this xpac so I'm not fully geared) I think the MM shots either need their cost reduced or need thier damage increased to make MM competitive with other classes/specs.
Lynx should be a fairly minor nerf in PvE overall
However we still are low on dps.
People are complaining because our class doesnt need more nerfs to make people happy in JUST pvp. We need to be re-worked and fixed over all. Our dmg is terrible. If we fight something for a minute, sure we are fine..we have burst. Put us in a raid, and we come crashing down.
When you are the lowest DPS class in the game and the gap is getting bigger by the week because of horrible gear scaling any and all nerfs are a huge deal.
WHERE'S THE GLORY OF MM? D: I pulled around 65k on bosses as BM in dungeons, and now as MM I pull about 45k. I've played MM throught end of wrath and cata, and I've looked up multiple guides, so I don't think it is that big of a l2p issue.
11/19/2012 01:10 PMPosted by Daithe
WHERE'S THE GLORY OF MM? D: I pulled around 65k on bosses as BM in dungeons, and now as MM I pull about 45k. I've played MM throught end of wrath and cata, and I've looked up multiple guides, so I don't think it is that big of a l2p issue.

It's not a l2p issue. It's a Blizzard needs to l2balance issue.

http://wow.joystiq.com/2012/11/12/state-of-dps-in-mists-of-pandaria-page-2/
11/19/2012 01:13 PMPosted by Blåckspiral

Just to further your point(because people will say that pages lies) here is the noxic realistic DPS. And shows MM as #25
http://www.noxxic.com/wow/dps-rankings/realistic-dps

Just to further your point(because people will say that pages lies) here is the noxic realistic DPS. And shows MM as #25
http://www.noxxic.com/wow/dps-rankings/realistic-dps
That makes me even more sad.

edit

Look at the maximum DPS tab. That's even more depressing.
I think learning how to play your hunter might be the real issue here. So please, someone explain to me...

You are terrible on all of your characters, so while you are entitled to an opinion, your opinions are worthless. it makes you wonder why you would want to share them =/
So why is everyone crying? I'm not seeing a huge nerd happening in he next patch. If everyone is worried that they will plummet in dps due to LR becoming just a bleed, thats just sad. I think learning how to play your hunter might be the real issue here. So please, someone explain to me...

•Hunter •Careful Aim now increases the critical strike chance of Steady Shot and Aimed Shot by 75% on targets who are above 80% health, down from 90%. •The duration of Steady Focus has been increased to 20 seconds, up from 10 seconds. •Aspect of the Fox has been removed. •Steady Shot, Cobra Shot, and Barrage can now always be cast on the move. •A new Major Glyph has been added: Glyph of Aimed Shot. This glyph allows Aimed Shot to be used while moving

First off BM was not good to begin with for pve and it is being completely gutted in the coming patch. The 5.1 buffs combined theoretically increase Marks DPS by only 3.5%. All hunter specs according to new WoL data are dead last amongst viable pve specs by a ridiculously large margin. With marks being literally 50% behind the top dps classes/specs.

http://www.raidbots.com/dpsbot/#7fvvh

Even with the buffs they will be dead last by alot. Don't post l2p threads if you have no clue what you are talking about. You are obviously just trying to justify your time invested leveling your crappy hunter to 89.
PVE: Not much is changing (which in of itself is a huge problem - the most impactful change is the ISS duration tweak - all 3 hunter specs are floating near bottom of the barrel, and while MM more so, all three could use some PVE tweaks)

PVP: Most of the changes are just limiting, or spreading out the burst. This is fine. The one change that is just plain petty, knee-jerk, ill thought out, or whatever colorful descriptor you think is best appropriate, is the BW change.

I would explain why, but Blues don't read this forum, players have already made up their own minds where they stand on this issue, and personally, I am sort of hoping the spec ends up so poorly in PVP, that Blizz considers alternatives for BM to combat pet CC outside of a 60 second CD for a 10 second Duration.

Personally, I am a fan of having KC break everything but hard CCs (poly, fear, etc). Roots, snares, and maybe even stuns? A 6 second "cleanse" is fitting for a spec as heavily reliant on an actively performing pet as BM.

Not even Demo and Unholy are as tied into pet actions as BM is...and I think they should get something similar as well (maybe not quite as often as BM though +P)

•Hunter •Careful Aim now increases the critical strike chance of Steady Shot and Aimed Shot by 75% on targets who are above 80% health, down from 90%. •The duration of Steady Focus has been increased to 20 seconds, up from 10 seconds. •Aspect of the Fox has been removed. •Steady Shot, Cobra Shot, and Barrage can now always be cast on the move. •Lynx Rush has been changed. Lynx Rush is now a bleed effect that causes damage every 3 seconds over a period of 15 seconds, and stacks up to 9 times. •Bestial Wrath no longer grants Hunter pets immunity to crowd control effects, and instead now breaks existing crowd control effects when activated. •Glyphs •The Glyph of Icy Solace has been renamed to Glyph of Solace, and now causes both Scattershot and Freezing Trap to remove all damage over time effects from the target. •Glyph of Scattering has been removed. •A new Major Glyph has been added: Glyph of Aimed Shot. This glyph allows Aimed Shot to be used while moving

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z6itMkxg2cY

Now go lv up .