[Possible Spoilers]: Kaldorei's future.

Story Forum
Post Limit:
No it wasn't officially confirmed but Blizzard went on to say in ask CDev 3 " Velen has been a prophet of the naaru for many thousands of years, and it’s unlikely that he would propose such a theory without significant evidence and consideration." So unless you want an official proclamation of Blizzard going "ya she is a naaru, Velen was right" that is as close as your going to get to confirmation.

Except that they've since backed off on confirming it. Kaivax's tweet on September 6th, I believe.

I'm not sure why people keep saying this when up until Garrosh gets his Deus Ex Machina the Kal'dorei are crushing the Horde by themselves. Then even with the superweapons pulled out of thin air the night elves immediately go back to annihilating the Horde forces when a modicum of Alliance reinforcements arrive.

There are issues sprinkled throughout, such as the Night Elves not even adopting their old tactics while the Horde seem to pick it up, but the primary issue is the presentation. In Wolfheart, we're powerful redshirts, but still redshirts. It still looks like we need rescuing.

Well of Eternity has the same problem. Tyrande single-handedly holds off legions of demons, but all the party sees is her being crippled by Nathrezim and being a burden to the group.

It's not a perfect metaphor, but I do believe this is apt: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IBO8c7v7guI

Of course, we're lucky when these scenarios come out, because it's a lot less ambiguous most of the time.

I dunno, I've never read Wolfheart. As I've said, from what I've heard about it, It's stuff like:

Maybe. I assumed that was more a complaint about in game portrayal. Might have misread it though.
And I've never heard about any crushing they've done to Horde forces by themselves, but perhaps it's selective memory on the part of those who have read it.

That's because everyone focuses on the end of the fight, where the Sentinels get reinforced by Varian's troops to push back the final horde assault. We tend to gloss over the beginning of the fight, where the Sentinels were pretty convincingly slapping the Horde around right up until Garrosh deployed his Magnataurs.

Really the impression I got from Wolfheart was that the Tyrande and the Sentinels, by themselves, were largely able to stand up to the full military might of the Horde without flinching.

There are issues sprinkled throughout, such as the Night Elves not even adopting their old tactics while the Horde seem to pick it up, but the primary issue is the presentation. In Wolfheart, we're powerful redshirts, but still redshirts. It still looks like we need rescuing.

I have to agree in part here though. The issue is hugely presentation based, not just in Wolfheart but in game as well.

Wolfheart would probably sting less if they had put more emphasis on just how much weight the Horde was throwing behind the attack and more emphasis on just how well the Sentinels were actually doing before the Magnataurs etc. showed up.

And I'm not sure why it's a presentation based problem, especially in game, since Silverpine Horde questing shows that Blizzard is to at least some degree able to portray things from a loser's perspective without making them necessarily look useless, and that was damn hard to do with how brutal the Seventh routed the Forsaken in Silverine. You'd think being able to keep a faction's dignity in places like Wolfheart and Ashenvale and Krasarang would be much easier.
And I'm not sure why it's a presentation based problem, especially in game, since Silverpine Horde questing shows that Blizzard is to at least some degree able to portray things from a loser's perspective without making them necessarily look useless, and that was damn hard to do with how brutal the Seventh routed the Forsaken in Silverine. You'd think being able to keep a faction's dignity in places like Wolfheart and Ashenvale and Krasarang would be much easier.

It should be, and Blizzard has demonstrated as well that they're capable of far better than what Night Elves have been served.

This is what leads me to believe that it isn't just an accident, or just a disconnect between the fans and the writers. I believe that Metzen genuinely regrets his original presentation of the Night Elves, and is working to gradually remove their unique flavor and ability.
I find the history of the elves to be fascinating and imo everything that has gone on in lore from what we may know have some involment form the HB/NE.

FYI that artifact in Ironforge has gotten my attention as well and im really wondering if there could be a connection between the NOT only the NE but the elfs as a whole with the pantheon.
I find the history of the elves to be fascinating and imo everything that has gone on in lore from what we may know have some involment form the HB/NE.

FYI that artifact in Ironforge has gotten my attention as well and im really wondering if there could be a connection between the NOT only the NE but the elfs as a whole with the pantheon.

http://i1092.photobucket.com/albums/i415/Kyalin_Raintree/BlizzDevMeme1-1.png
Posted in wrong thread, sorry.