Warriors NEED to be toned down on damage.

Arenas
Just as predicted, now that people are reasonably geared, we see warriors pull even furthur ahead on damage, while continuing to have the most ridiculous CC in the game and never dying.

Frankly Blizzard, the current state of warriors is an embarrassment, and the few paltry changes coming in the patch WILL NOT bring them down to anywhere even resembling a balanced state. Dramatic reductions in burst potential are required, cooldown stacking should be removed, and shockwave should be made a prot only ability.

This is the number one priority in fixing pvp balance. No other class is anywhere near as out of control as warriors, now that BM has been fixed and all the 2400 BMs are back in the 1600s where they should have been all along.

I dont understand why you dont learn. Every time the formula for a class boils down to 'mongo out your cooldowns whenever, and the class will win the game for you', IT IS WRONG AND A BAD DESIGN.
Yeah, can't wait til warriors are nerfed to the ground and never seen in comps above 2k. Come onnnn 5.1!
As evidenced by the massive warrior domination over this past weekend at the highest level, I think we can ALL agree warriors need to be nerfed, possibly DKs as they also won a game....and mages/locks need a buff.

Melee being viable is an abomination to balance, casters are cool and cast spells and stuff and therefore should dominate at all levels, from 1500 to rank 1.
This threads pretty dumb... There was like 2 or maybe 3 warriors going in, one made it to the finals.... Although some of those teams were pretty bad, not killing healing tide ect.
Don't get too hung up on the tournament which was based on teams that qualified during an entirely different expansion.

The FACT of the matter is that on live, warriors are way to strong and require little to no skill to operate.
make recklessness cause the warrior to take 20% more damage again.
What kind of sick douchebag would impersonate my name to post this..does anyone know how to see someone's battletag and alt toons?

Back on topic, warrior damage out of CDs is just fine, when they pop CDs, learn to pop defensives, because they will be up again before warrior offensive CDs. Learn2play issue.

Only things that need to be fixed are being fixed, Gag order is being removed.
Don't get too hung up on the tournament which was based on teams that qualified during an entirely different expansion.

The FACT of the matter is that on live, warriors are way to strong and require little to no skill to operate.

Warrior is too easy to play, I'll give you that. I've had a Warrior main since mid-vanilla so I'm with you there. Your comment on gear is kind of funny. The class just doesn't scale with gear like that anymore, not since WotLK. It had everything to do with rage income which is meaningless now.

Combining damage CDs is dumb, NOBODY should be doing this. Any CD like that should always be a decision to use it carefully. I'm with you on this too.

The rest is meh. Warriors need to do moderately high sustained damage, I actually am in favor of making enrage effects do more damage on white hits. Without CD stacking this would be fine. You are talking about a class that really only brings damage, peels and interrupts. Okay shockwave, but it's not like there aren't a !@#$ing truck load of stuns just like it in this awful game so no tears for you there.

Does nobody pillar hump and stuff anymore or is this game for retards who just tunnel and stand in the open now? Warrior is the only class in the game that is CC'd by just denying them melee range and a clear path for charge. I realize there is Avatar and stuff, but if you are decent at PVP you should be able to manage seeing when CDs are up and act accordingly. I mean if you can even get 10 yards away he can't hit you, with the completely out of control CC in this expansion it can't be that hard to kite and whatnot.
Stromberg
16 Orc Shaman
Resident Evil

How does a class with superior control, utility and mobility take no skill to operate?? Remember warriors have it all now..
watch, just watch, after a few more deep freeze's and ring of frost shatters, he'll be back but not complaining about us this time

Does nobody pillar hump and stuff anymore or is this game for retards who just tunnel and stand in the open now? Warrior is the only class in the game that is CC'd by just denying them melee range and a clear path for charge. I realize there is Avatar and stuff, but if you are decent at PVP you should be able to manage seeing when CDs are up and act accordingly. I mean if you can even get 10 yards away he can't hit you, with the completely out of control CC in this expansion it can't be that hard to kite and whatnot.

This doesn't matter when you get globaled... my healer died in 2 seconds, didn't even have a chance to heal. At 4.6k resil this is his death from a warrior:
Recount - Death for Wezy by Machoke-Zul'jin at 02:48:02

-4.02 - (Health: 344811 (100%)) Machoke-Zul'jin Overpower Wezy Absorb (24044 Absorbed) (Physical)

-2.08 - (Health: 104249 (30%)) Machoke-Zul'jin Heroic Strike Wezy Crit -240562 (2541 Absorbed) (Physical)

-1.68 - (Health: 33093 (9%)) Machoke-Zul'jin Mortal Strike Wezy Crit -71156 (Physical)

-1.68 - (Health: 33235 (9%)) Wezy Atonement Wezy Hit +142

-1.25 - (Health: 26574 (7%)) Machoke-Zul'jin Deep Wounds (DoT) Wezy Tick -6661 (Physical)

-1.25 - (Health: 19683 (5%)) Machoke-Zul'jin Opportunity Strike Wezy Hit -6891 (Physical)

-1.25 - (Health: 19683 (5%)) Machoke-Zul'jin Melee Wezy Hit -17292 (Physical)

-0.88 - (Health: 19683 (5%)) Machoke-Zul'jin interrupts Wezy Smite (Pummel)

-0.88 - (Health: 19825 (5%)) Wezy Atonement Wezy Hit +142

-0.49 - (Health: 6857 (1%)) Wezy Atonement Wezy Hit +4324

-0.44 - (Health: 1 (0%)) Machoke-Zul'jin Overpower Wezy Crit -39703 (Physical)

+0.00 - (Health: 0 (0%)) Wezy dies.

This bs needs to get fixed.
This doesn't matter when you get globaled... my healer died in 2 seconds, didn't even have a chance to heal. At 4.6k resil this is his death from a warrior:

-0.88 - (Health: 19683 (5%)) Machoke-Zul'jin interrupts Wezy Smite (Pummel)

-0.88 - (Health: 19825 (5%)) Wezy Atonement Wezy Hit +142

-0.49 - (Health: 6857 (1%)) Wezy Atonement Wezy Hit +4324

-0.44 - (Health: 1 (0%)) Machoke-Zul'jin Overpower Wezy Crit -39703 (Physical)

+0.00 - (Health: 0 (0%)) Wezy dies.

This bs needs to get fixed.

Sorry pal, that right there means your Priest was casting nukes when she died.

Because we were gettin the warrior low, but wtf could he have done in 2 seconds plus an interupt/gag order bs retard silence for 3 seconds, and that atonment hit is from a holy fire tick. So that doesn't even matter, the 240k followed by the 71k hit followed by silence is the crap that needs to be fixed.

Because we were gettin the warrior low, but wtf could he have done in 2 seconds plus an interupt/gag order bs retard silence for 3 seconds, and that atonment hit is from a holy fire tick. So that doesn't even matter, the 240k followed by the 71k hit followed by silence is the crap that needs to be fixed.

I too like to let warriors get 5 stacks of tfb without trying to peel or cc them.
They have insane dmg for 10 seconds on a 5 minutes CD. Next patch, CCing them during these 10 seconds to ruin their burst will be even way easier since roots will work. Their dmg outside of the CD stacking is pretty low compared to most classes.
http://www.crossladder.com/arena/stats/

The numbers speak for themselves.

Warriors are the most represented class overall and in all brackets.

http://www.worldofwargraphs.com/stats-classesrepartition-0-0-0---0-0-0.html

Arms warr makes up 14%.

People always scream "proof!" on these forums.

So there is proof.

Warrior is too powerful atm.
As evidenced by the massive warrior domination over this past weekend at the highest level, I think we can ALL agree warriors need to be nerfed, possibly DKs as they also won a game....and mages/locks need a buff.

Melee being viable is an abomination to balance, casters are cool and cast spells and stuff and therefore should dominate at all levels, from 1500 to rank 1.

I thought I recognised your name

Lincstyle-Tichondrius Melee hit You 11554 Physical.
Lincstyle-Tichondrius Heroic Strike hit You 141508 Physical. (Critical)
Lincstyle-Tichondrius Opportunity Strike hit You 6144 Physical.
Lincstyle-Tichondrius Mortal Strike hit You 53589 Physical. (Critical)

You did that to me in one global yesterday

Do you think that kind of damage is fair?
11/19/2012 04:12 AMPosted by Licknippypoo
cooldown stacking should be removed

In case you haven't noticed, the entire MOP expansion was based on giving classes 2 to 3 minute big cooldowns. Even healers get them, but used defensively.

It's not the type of gameplay I prefer.

My feral druid is a 3 minute cooldown killing machine. Every 3 minutes he can wtfpwn almost anyone 1v1. But once those cooldowns are down, he hits like toothless shark.

Yeah the trend seems to be everyone gets cooldowns on 2 minutes (to lineup with trinket and pvp damage trinket)

So the name of the game is to bluff/force the other teams cooldowns before you use your real cooldowns so they have no way to stop you when you activate.

A weak way to balance but it's easier than balancing without cooldowns in the equation.