Shadow Pan Rep ?

General Discussion
Greetings everyone.
I hope you're all well.

Recently I completed the Townlong Steppes Quest line. I was hoping doing so would open up the dailies for Shadow Pan. How ever upon completion, there are no dailies in that area that I've been able to find. Could someone please tell me where in MoP do I need to go, to get these started ?
Shado-pan dailies, for whatever reason, are only accessible if you first hit Revered status with the Golden Lotus.
Oh ho ho ho ho....

Not even close.

You need to get revered with The Golden Lotus before you can even start Shadowpan or August Celestials.
Ah, Zenfoo, I see you have passed through mystical gate number 1... I would now like to introduce you to mystical gate number 2.
Townlong Stepps quests aren't a gate. You can completely skip that zone and start doing the dailies after you get revered with the Golden Lotus.
11/19/2012 11:28 AMPosted by Brans
Townlong Stepps quests aren't a gate. You can completely skip that zone and start doing the dailies after you get revered with the Golden Lotus.

You could, if you wanted to miss out on the rep boost.
you would think that if you did the quest in the zone and got to freindly by just that on your way to 90 you'd already know about the shadow pan and be able to do their dailies without having to bother with Golden Lotus. I never really thought about it when grinding through the reps but now that you mention it.... Seems rather odd that you can't touch their dailies until after you get grind out GL.
11/19/2012 11:37 AMPosted by Shamrunt
Seems rather odd that you can't touch their dailies until after you get grind out GL

I think the logic the NPC gives you is something along the lines of "Hey there are all these great people that need your help out there in this land, but first we need to work towards making the Vale safe from all these Mogu/Mantid"
Thanks everyone.

Seems I had started them on my warlock, but with so much going on right now. I missed them on my monk.

I really despise this rep grind, but those who do them, may have noticed some of the BoE lvl 85 IL 450 gear drops that are actionable. They do sell fairly well.

Plus across the bridge from the Townlong area on the back side are the jp and vp vendors. As unlucky as I am in raid gear drops it seems the vp vendor requires rep in many of the factions to purchase the 489 or better gear sets.

So here I am grinding out rep
OK so I need to be revered with the golden lotus and the celestials....so how does one do that...I have been doing all my dailies and that rep bar hasnt moved a jot
11/20/2012 01:30 PMPosted by Wyldefyre
OK so I need to be revered with the golden lotus and the celestials....so how does one do that...I have been doing all my dailies and that rep bar hasnt moved a jot
Not Celestials.
You need Revered with the Golden Lotus in order to access the dailies for Shado-Pan and August Celestials.

As far as your rep bar not really moving... that tends to happen in the long grinds. But it's achievable - just look at my reputation achievements for MOP if you don't believe me :).

(I even went above and beyond, getting twice the amount of rep that's required ;P)
Thanks for that, Alanahlia...guess I just keep grinding away
11/20/2012 01:42 PMPosted by Wyldefyre

Remember you can use the Thanksgiving Holiday buff to increase your rep gains this week.
11/20/2012 01:46 PMPosted by Bronnfire
Remember you can use the Thanksgiving Holiday buff to increase your rep gains this week.

Oh yes...forgot about that... races off into the game
11/20/2012 01:46 PMPosted by Bronnfire

as much as people hate it there is also the 8th year rep/xp reword for an extra 8% increase as well.
The anniversary bonus only gives you 8% more rep & xp from kills.
You can also camp Scritch in Kun Lai for a shot at the Hozen Peace Pipe. 1000 rep to all MoP factions (except Wrathion) with a 7-day cooldown.