Reasons why I LOVE Displacer Beast (Resto)

Druid
Dear Blizzard and friends, this is my two copper on the ability Displacer Beast and why I don't think it needs to be changed at all (please do not change Displacer Beast, I freaking love it).

First and foremost I want to state that this is coming from the point of view of a PvP Resto druid, other specs might have differing opinions, but you DO have Wild Charge which is the other viable choice (I don't really even consider Feline Swiftness an option, that is a whole other story and likely the only ability I would tinker with in the first tier).

However, regardless of spec, for PvP I think Displacer Beast is excellent IF you want an extra escape, even in PvE it could have its uses, though I haven't done much PvE on this druid since MoP. However, I used to do a lot of PvE on my old mage and blink was great for "getting out of the fire" and when I used to be arcane I would blink and then insta-invis to drop aggro and survive when the party wiped. Displacer Beast not only "gets you out of the fire" but it is also saving you from having to hit an extra button to survive a wipe if you think of it from an old arcane mage perspective.

Sure, if you are a feral Wild Charge may be your cup of wild tea, but I don't think Displacer Beast is "useless" as I hear people saying. I have been reading a lot of my fellow druids stating that this ability needs to be buffed to remove bleeds, dots etc. but I honestly think that would be way overpowered. Druids at this current time have some of the best mobility/cc in the game with our entangling roots, nature's grasp, typhoon, cyclone, and mighty bash. As a Resto I am loving the mobility and cc. Yeah I get locked down sometimes but when I play all of my cards right I am hard to kill, the way resto druids are meant to be!

If you want a guaranteed escape roll a Dwarf Rogue and Stoneform/CoS and then vanish and you can ALWAYS get away. Once every three minutes that is.

Druids on the other hand have travel form, dash, and if you spec into it, Displacer Beast. With the proper usage of our abilities we stand to get away when we need to more often than not. There have been many times already that I have been in a battleground and my team has been overwhelmed by the enemies. If I am the last one standing and it is time for me to get out of there and head to the safety of teammates I use Displacer Beast with dots / bleeds on me and hit dash just after Displacer Beast, 7 times out of 10 I can get far enough out of reach that I can travel form and be on my way back to safety. Yes I need dash to not be on cooldown and yeah the odd warrior will heroic leap and then charge at me and catch me but come on, we have to have some sort of counter, otherwise Druids would literally never die.

Also, I realize a lot of you are not Night Elves but here is another little trick for those of you who are: even with dots on you after you Displacer Beast you can then Shadowmeld to lose target again. This double loss of target really throws people off and you can then hit sprint immediately as the next dot ticks and is bringing you out of stealth. I find if I have Shadowmeld up as well as Displacer Beast and Dash I am very likely to get away. Again, this is reliant on cooldowns but we shouldn't be guaranteed to escape every time we need to. If we play our cards right we have a high chance of survival. If you are a Worgen Druid you also have another sprint which can be used if Dash is on cooldown.

Anyways, long story short...I REALLY love this ability. It has made my druid fun again! I don't think it needs buffs at all and I also don't think it needs nerfs. It certainly isn't fool proof but it works often, and that is all we can really ask for. I think of this ability as just another great tool in our incredibly vast toolbox. You should also!
The problem is that the range of the blink is shorter than charge abilities.

Basically, you displace, I laugh, click wild charge.
The problem is that the range of the blink is shorter than charge abilities.

Basically, you displace, I laugh, click wild charge.

Honestly, that is not a problem at all. First off, your wild charge has to not be on cooldown. If it is not on cooldown and you do catch me I can Nature's Grasp and then travel form. If you have your trinket up and blow it on my Nature's Grasp I can turn around and cyclone you and /lol as I travel form away again.

etc. etc. etc. As I said above, some players are going to catch you. If a cat and mouse game between a druid vs. druid is tough for both sides that is perfectly fair. You have ways to catch me and I have ways to get away. Whoever uses their abilities in the best order and has the most cooldowns is going to win in this cat and mouse game.

Displacer Beast is incredible for Resto. In battlegrounds I am very hard to kill when I play all of cards right. I lurrrrrrrrrv it.
displacer beast should work like mage blink and break stun and roots, otherwise whats the point?
11/22/2012 06:30 PMPosted by Catwomán
displacer beast should work like mage blink and break stun and roots, otherwise whats the point?

- Removing yourself from the enemy target.
- Removing yourself from the enemy focus.
- Avoid castable cc (such as fear).

Resto druids are already INCREDIBLY OP right now, they don't need more cc avoidance, they can power shift from roots, snares, slows and poly, that is enough.
For the longest time i didnt care much for displacer beast, used wild charge for its amazing utility in all forms. Eventually i learned i had take it for granted. Lets say i get jumped by two destro locks! both casting chaos bolt at the same exact time. During mid cast leaves me a small window of opportunity to NOT eat that damage. With wild charge i could go kitty and interupt one/skull bash the other. GUESS WHAT GUYS!?!?!? im feared now, recasting CB :D

IF i had displacer beast during that mid cast of the first CB's, one keystroke and cast stops /sprint LOL BAI LOX

Idc if i have dots or not im still WAY ahead of them, and for an omgimgoingtodie macro, start giving symbiosis to rogues, they will love you for the defense cd and you now have cloak of shadows(for boomy anyway) Throw it all into a trinket macro and you will never see a more confused group of horde in your life.
11/22/2012 08:10 PMPosted by Garhal

- Removing yourself from the enemy target.
- Removing yourself from the enemy focus.
- Avoid castable cc (such as fear).

Resto druids are already INCREDIBLY OP right now, they don't need more cc avoidance, they can power shift from roots, snares, slows and poly, that is enough.
yeah they are so OP that last tournement ended with 2 Rshm