Hello Ravenholdt!

Ravenholdt
Hello there!

I was currently looking for a realm that's closer to home than my current one, that sits 6 hours ahead of me, making it almost impossible to find a guild to raid together. =/

So I found you guys, and being the same type of realm as my current one (RP PVP), I've got quite interested in finding out how things are holding up here. I will put my questions down below and if someone can answer them to me or point in the direction of the answer, I'll be mighty grateful. :)

1. How is the faction distribution? Is it 50/50 or things are pending for one side?
2. Are there many active people on the server between 6 p.m and 12 p.m server time? By active I mean, that you can see them on the world, quest together, etc...
3. At what time do guilds usually raid around here? (server time)
4. How is trade chat? Are there a lot of kids cussing around or you have a more "decent" community?
5. How is the AH on both sides? I mean, how much do Blood Spirit, Living Steel and Trillium Bar go for around here?
6. And finally, are there any guilds around here that need a tank? :D

Sorry if this post is too long and/or boring, but I'm really looking up for another realm and this one could be it!

Thanks for help ;)
Hello, and welcome to Ravenholdt! If you haven't yet, I highly encourage you to check out the FAQ thread stickied at the top of the forum page, as it should have more information than I could give here.

Ravenholdt Server FAQ: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/1074097573

1. How is the faction distribution? Is it 50/50 or things are pending for one side?

Ravenholdt currently favors Horde, and by a significant margin. While there is still an active community Alliance-side, we are definitely outnumbered. But that doesn't mean we don't put up a good fight!

2. Are there many active people on the server between 6 p.m and 12 p.m server time? By active I mean, that you can see them on the world, quest together, etc...

I don't know how things are Horde-side, but on the Alliance side of thing, things are mainly guild-based. While spontaneous things can, and often do, happen, most questing and interaction will be done within or between guilds and not done out on the open streets. What will really help if you decide to play on this server is if you're a roleplayer. We have a very extensive roleplay community that reaches across factions and includes people from both Horde and Alliance. We have our own roleplay community forums (http://www.ravenholdt.us/) and I know that both factions have an open roleplay channel for people to interact with socially, as well as fostering roleplay.

Unfortunately, I couldn't tell you. If I had to guess, I would say that if you decide to play here that you should investigate each guild and see if their times/roster can accommodate your schedule.

4. How is trade chat? Are there a lot of kids cussing around or you have a more "decent" community?

I don't know how it is Horde-side, but on the Alliance general and trade channels tend to be fairly clear. There are, of course, always going to be flare ups of arguments and immature topics every now and then, but for the most part things are respectful and decent.

5. How is the AH on both sides? I mean, how much do Blood Spirit, Living Steel and Trillium Bar go for around here?

Unfortunately I can't tell you how things are Horde-side, but on the Alliance AH, here's the going prices as of 11:30am server time on 11/19:

Blood Spirit: N/A. I checked for them, and there are a grand total of ZERO on the Alliance AH.
Living Steel: 500g-600g.
Trillium Bar: 60g.

I would check around on our server forums and scout through recruitment posts. Hopefully you'll be able to find something. :)

Sorry if this post is too long and/or boring, but I'm really looking up for another realm and this one could be it!

Thanks for help ;)

No problem at all! Hope you can find what you're looking for in a server, and if you decide to make Ravenholdt your home, hope to see you around soon. :)
There were two Blood Spirit for sale on the Alliance AH earlier this week, in one stack, that sold for 20k gold.
Wow, thanks for the detailed answer Kulfur!

This is looking like a nice realm for me, and the prices on the AH aren't so different from Maelstrom. Oh, and I don't mind making a transfer and a faction change, if the alliance have a position for me, I would happily jump the fence.

If someone would give me a horde view of the realm, I could make a better decision.
Later this week I'll create a new toon here to see how things are. ^_^
Welcome, and I hope this helps you some what:

As mentioned by Kulfur, this is a heavily Horde favored server. Also, as Kulfur mentioned, The Alli do put up one hell of a fight......fortunately.

Generally yes there are a lot of people active on the Horde side during this time, so you should be in good company. The majority of players converge in Org. Undercity and Dalaran seem to remain fairly active also.

I think this is subjective but my guild generally only runs once or twice during week days, usually start raids in between 7-9pm. Weekend runs vary on time (wish I could be more specific, but due to work I usually can not participate in scheduled raids).

This.....well varies also. Always active trade being posted, some humor, discussions on play or the news of the day, and yes there are trolls as well as some people that should not be allowed near keyboard. The trolls are mostly fun, not too often offensive. From my experience most people just ignore the cussing and offensive stuff or come right out and let the player know it is not appropriate. Doesn't seem to happen too often, but it does happen.

AH is really over priced in my opinion, but this can be leveled out by selling on AH. If you watch you can find people undercutting big time to still make a profit and sell materials.

Living Steel is currently selling for 370-470 G per bar.

Trilium Bars are currently selling for 70-90 G per bar

Blood Spirit is currently 12000 G for 1.

Tank-tank-tank-tank!

Thanks for help ;)[/quote]

- No problem!
Hello there!

Everyone who has posted has done an excellent job explaining our server to you so I won't answer all of the questions again (unless you're still curious). Do you have any other questions about Ravenholdt?

We're always happy to welcome more people to our server, especially if they're supportive of RP and our little community.
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/6934194334#new-post
[A] Victoria Vel Nex
<Victoria Vel Nex> is looking for 1 Tank to complete our raid roster. We are currently 4/6 N, and one of the most progressed guilds on Ravenholdt. We raid Wednesdays, Fridays, and Saturdays from 9pm to 12pm EST. If you are interested in joining us message Chen in game.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/6201230264#new-post
[H] Nephilim
Currently Looking For:
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
We are actively recruiting All Classes and Specs!
We are openly inviting New Players to Raiding to apply as well! This is a great way to get in on the ground floor and work your way into raiding at the start of a new expansion!

I got that from going through previous Ravenholdt threads, not sure if they are up to date but you can try and verify through game :p
I am amused. I was browsing YOUR server forums early today to see if there was more activity there. I wish Blizzard would just merge all these dead/dying RP-PVP servers.
We are so not dead and dying, Aorris *glare*

Welcome to the server!! Are you joining us? :D
Aorris, Maelstrom is a very good and populated realm, I have no problems with it aside the time difference about it and recommend it to you if you want to try it. You just need to stay away from trade chat during the busy hours...dangerous place...

And thanks everyone for the help! I'll create a new toon on this server on the alliance side and, if things end up good, I'll be more than happy to transfer this orc and turn him into a draenei or an human. :P