MoP 5.4 Enhance Guide: Kill Garrosh For Me

Shaman
Prev 1 20 21 22 35 Next
Thanks for providing that rationale--I've been stacking, but as I was reading through some elemental stuff I encountered that and questioned everything in my life.
04/03/2013 12:40 PMPosted by Chillbros
will be the best combo for normals.

not so sure about that, your gear is mostly last tier or LFR

My ilvl is 512, i have a vast majority of 522 items. I honestly thought the rppm trinkets stood out on their own due to their mechanics/power. I never fathomed the idea of my non-rppm valor trink out-simming all of the other options such as talisman of bloodlust, bad juju, by 3k or more. It puts me in a bad spot not knowing if I should roll on it or not.

My sims all with haste>mast>crit weights, after being optimized thru mrrobot
renataki+valor=123009
renataki+bad juju=120041
renataki+talisman of bloodlust=119858
are you simming with AS or EM?
I sim with EM/PE, I've tried all existent combos with both mast>haste>crit and haste>mast>crit, the result always comes out EM/PE with haste>mast>crit on top ever since i passed 500 ilvl
I need a recommendation for the Ji-Kun fight. Should an enhance get asked to fly and do nest duty, would you recommend using magma totem on the nests and going with the heavy aoe priority list? Or still go with searing totem and single target, with a bit of fire nova here and there?

The few times I've been asked to fly, I was a little embarrassed at my damage. If I get to tunnel the boss, all is good.
i have a vast majority of 522 items

I wouldn't say 10 out of 16 pieces is a vast majority, but yeah it's higher than I implied

I sim with EM/PE

interesting, yeah vicious talisman is strong

04/03/2013 08:44 PMPosted by Serges
Should an enhance get asked to fly and do nest duty, would you recommend using magma totem

no

04/03/2013 08:44 PMPosted by Serges
and going with the heavy aoe priority list?

yes

The few times I've been asked to fly, I was a little embarrassed at my damage. If I get to tunnel the boss, all is good.

if you're getting the 100% damage buff then your damage should be higher than usual
I'll never be getting any normal 10m raid gear, once I have two RPPM trinks from LFR and some more 502/522 VP gear should I still push to Haste? Or is it not worth while unless you're doing more progressive raiding.
sorry, best I can say is sim it
Stupid question probably - what do I use to sim?
simcraft
This statement on simcraft's starter guide in relation to scaling:
Beware! Trinkets are only weighted according to their static stats bonuses. The procs are NOT taken into account!

This scares me a bit. Doesn't that mean simcraft can't measure rppm trinket's effect on ur stat weights.
no, the sim definitely has calculations for the RPPM trinkets, you can see this by looking at your buffs

where did you find that?
My bad saw this link and didn't read that it applied to wowhead and guildox which has item listings based on stat weights but not factoring procs from trinkets.

http://code.google.com/p/simulationcraft/wiki/StartersGuide
Anyone finding Enhance performing rather subpar compared to other melee, more so when compared to ranged? It seemed in T14, enhance was performing much better versus other dps classes. Could just be me even though I have analyzed my data on WoL consistently and can't see any glaring problems in my ability usage/uptime. Interested to see what other people are experiencing this tier.
not when compared to other melee, unless you're talking about the OP specs of assassination and unholy, and not really compared to range unless they're warlocks or the fight favors ranged more
In comparison to other melee I agree that we are fairly competitive, at least in norms I'm doing well. But mages/locks seems to beat me; I can get close but never really win. Also looking at raidbots, it seems our dps becomes the bottom barrel as time goes on if the information is solid.
simple question hopefully a simple answer. haste or mastery??
no simple answer for that
what would u suggest? I was used to the whole o mastery>haste then one day mr robot said I was haste master fresh.
I would suggest what my guide says