People leaving incomplete dungeons...

General Discussion
Post Limit:
I hate this so much. It usually doesn't take long to get a new tank/healer after they leave on the first boss but sometimes groups just immediately fall apart leaving me, and the other dps presumably, to wait another 20-25 minutes to do a dungeon, all because poor little warrior didn't get his tanking belt.

My proposal would be for the last boss of a dungeon to be the only boss in a dungeon to drop loot. The last boss would drop an amount of items equal to the number of bosses +1 in the dungeons and they would have the entire dungeon's loot table open to drop
(e.g. Gate of the Setting Sun has four bosses, so Raigonn, the last boss, would drop 5 pieces of loot.) I feel like that would stop this problem very nicely without too many ramifications.
Its LFD, you have to pretty much live with people diving in and out when they have time. If you want a better experience than "random people of random ability with equal claims on all loot and no guarantee how long they can be in there for", put a group together manually.
. . . . . .. . . . . . . . . . . ,.-‘”. . . . . . . . . .``~.,
. . . . . . . .. . . . . .,.-”. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .“-.,
. . . . .. . . . . . ..,/. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . ”:,
. . . . . . . .. .,?. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .\,
. . . . . . . . . /. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . ,}
. . . . . . . . ./. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . ,:`^`.}
. . . . . . . ./. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . ,:”. . . ./
. . . . . . .?. . . __. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . :`. . . ./
. . . . . . . /__.(. . .“~-,_. . . . . . . . . . . . . . ,:`. . . .. ./
. . . . . . /(_. . ”~,_. . . ..“~,_. . . . . . . . . .,:`. . . . _/
. . . .. .{.._$;_. . .”=,_. . . .“-,_. . . ,.-~-,}, .~”; /. .. .}
. . .. . .((. . .*~_. . . .”=-._. . .“;,,./`. . /” . . . ./. .. ../
. . . .. . .\`~,. . ..“~.,. . . . . . . . . ..`. . .}. . . . . . ../
. . . . . .(. ..`=-,,. . . .`. . . . . . . . . . . ..(. . . ;_,,-”
. . . . . ../.`~,. . ..`-.. . . . . . . . . . . . . . ..\. . /\
. . . . . . \`~.*-,. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . ..|,./.....\,__
,,_. . . . . }.>-._\. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .|. . . . . . ..`=~-,
. .. `=~-,_\_. . . `\,. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .\
. . . . . . . . . .`=~-,,.\,. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .\
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . `:,, . . . . . . . . . . . . . `\. . . . . . ..__
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .`=-,. . . . . . . . . .,%`>--

Please make these threads stop. I'm so tired of arguing about the loot system.

Then stop arguing about them?
So what if someone is kicked on the second to last boss? They don't get a chance at anything because of a temporary connection problem or just jerkish behavior from the rest of the group?

I know this may also seem far fetched, but what if the group is unable to down the last boss? What if they skipped bosses? Would you adjust the loot for number of bosses skipped? If so, who gets to decide what gets skipped and what doesn't?

Your solution creates more problems than it solves. The easiest solution is to just queue with reliable people. Then, you'll never have the problem of unstable groups.
I hate this so much. It usually doesn't take long to get a new tank/healer after they leave on the first boss but sometimes groups just immediately fall apart leaving me, and the other dps presumably, to wait another 20-25 minutes to do a dungeon, all because poor little warrior didn't get his tanking belt.

My proposal would be for the last boss of a dungeon to be the only boss in a dungeon to drop loot. The last boss would drop an amount of items equal to the number of bosses +1 in the dungeons and they would have the entire dungeon's loot table open to drop
(e.g. Gate of the Setting Sun has four bosses, so Raigonn, the last boss, would drop 5 pieces of loot.) I feel like that would stop this problem very nicely without too many ramifications.

Loot system is broken and if you expect random people you've never met and are most likely never going to see again to put your needs over theirs then you're just ignorant, sorry that's the way the WoW community is these days.
I'm doing this on my DK.

There is no way I am doing all these dailies on two toons so I have no reason to finish the dungeon for valor.
Yeah it's pretty crappy for me to do but there's no point in me doing the rest of it since nothing else drops for me other than on the first boss.
It doesnt take that long to refill a group the system gives priority to groups already in progress.
I need two trinkets, everyday I specifically queue those dungeons. Once those bosses are completed I leave the group. UMAD?
I am guilty of forgetting to turn a quest in. I queue up turn quest in and leave. I rarely do it, but, I have done it before.
11/25/2012 11:59 AMPosted by Alelsa
Its LFD, you have to pretty much live with people diving in and out when they have time. If you want a better experience than "random people of random ability with equal claims on all loot and no guarantee how long they can be in there for", put a group together manually.

I don't really care who gets loot. If I lose a hit/int piece to a healing priest I just /shrug and move on. However if people leave after the first boss and the group just falls apart then I don't even get a chance to roll on that hit/int piece in the first place, frustrating me even more.

So what if someone is kicked on the second to last boss? They don't get a chance at anything because of a temporary connection problem or just jerkish behavior from the rest of the group?

I know this may also seem far fetched, but what if the group is unable to down the last boss? What if they skipped bosses? Would you adjust the loot for number of bosses skipped? If so, who gets to decide what gets skipped and what doesn't?

Your solution creates more problems than it solves. The easiest solution is to just queue with reliable people. Then, you'll never have the problem of unstable groups.

If someone gets kicked then they did something wrong or they d/ced. Personally I haven't seen much of either, but I sure as hell have seen a ton of tanks/healers leaving on the first boss with the rest of the people leaving soon after. I haven't seen a boss that can be skipped yet in MoP LFD so that isn't an issue. If there is one then I'm sure it wouldn't be that hard to make it not skippable through walling off the next area until it's dead.

11/25/2012 11:57 AMPosted by Wasabisauce

It's a problem that needs to be addressed.
. . . . . .. . . . . . . . . . . ,.-‘”. . . . . . . . . .``~.,
. . . . . . . .. . . . . .,.-”. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .“-.,
. . . . .. . . . . . ..,/. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . ”:,
. . . . . . . .. .,?. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .\,
. . . . . . . . . /. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . ,}
. . . . . . . . ./. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . ,:`^`.}
. . . . . . . ./. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . ,:”. . . ./
. . . . . . .?. . . __. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . :`. . . ./
. . . . . . . /__.(. . .“~-,_. . . . . . . . . . . . . . ,:`. . . .. ./
. . . . . . /(_. . ”~,_. . . ..“~,_. . . . . . . . . .,:`. . . . _/
. . . .. .{.._$;_. . .”=,_. . . .“-,_. . . ,.-~-,}, .~”; /. .. .}
. . .. . .((. . .*~_. . . .”=-._. . .“;,,./`. . /” . . . ./. .. ../
. . . .. . .\`~,. . ..“~.,. . . . . . . . . ..`. . .}. . . . . . ../
. . . . . .(. ..`=-,,. . . .`. . . . . . . . . . . ..(. . . ;_,,-”
. . . . . ../.`~,. . ..`-.. . . . . . . . . . . . . . ..\. . /\
. . . . . . \`~.*-,. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . ..|,./.....\,__
,,_. . . . . }.>-._\. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .|. . . . . . ..`=~-,
. .. `=~-,_\_. . . `\,. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .\
. . . . . . . . . .`=~-,,.\,. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .\
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . `:,, . . . . . . . . . . . . . `\. . . . . . ..__
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .`=-,. . . . . . . . . .,%`>--

Then stop arguing about them?

yeah, it's kind of like being on a pvp realm; don't like it, don't go there.
11/25/2012 12:14 PMPosted by Fielton

Thing is, it was designed to be a system where people can dive in and out. If you only have time to down one boss, you still get a chance at loot.

If you change that, you change one of the fundamental advantages of LFD (something it has few enough of) - something you can just log in, hit for however long, and leave whenever you want.

Thing is, it was designed to be a system where people can dive in and out. If you only have time to down one boss, you still get a chance at loot.

If you change that, you change one of the fundamental advantages of LFD (something it has few enough of) - something you can just log in, hit for however long, and leave whenever you want.

I would rather a few people think twice about joining a dungeon due to time constraints than make four other people wait because they decided they really want to do one boss.
11/25/2012 12:19 PMPosted by Fielton

I would rather a few people think twice about joining a dungeon due to time constraints than make four other people wait because they decided they really want to do one boss.

Your argument is erroneous anyways, I'm a DPS spec-only player(atleast on this mage) and I don't see a problem. Stop being a cry baby and queue for another heroic.
I think it's an issue of time. The person who leaves, believes its not worth their time to continue. The people who have to wait believes that person has wasted their time when they left as now they have to wait. But whose time is more important? No one person time is more important then another's, so I do not believe we have the right to demand a complete stranger to use their time for our benefit. I do not leave however the game is very time consuming now and hence the temptation has been there.
11/25/2012 12:28 PMPosted by Bixsey
I think it's an issue of time. The person who leaves, believes its not worth their time to continue. The people who have to wait believes that person has wasted their time when they left as now they have to wait. But whose time is more important? No one person time is more important then another's, so I do not believe we have the right to demand a complete stranger to use their time for our benefit. I do not leave however the game is very time consuming now and hence the temptation has been there.

The time of four people > the time of one person

And the person who wants that belt from the heroic could still get it. They would just have to do the entire instance instead of bailing on four other people after the first boss.

Your argument is erroneous anyways, I'm a DPS spec-only player(atleast on this mage) and I don't see a problem. Stop being a cry baby and queue for another heroic.

I don't want to have to wait another 20-25 minutes because the tank/healer only wants something from the first boss. It isn't the end of the world but it is very annoying when it happens consistently while playing.
the time of one is greater then the time of four people? What if that person can play only two hours a day and the other four has four hours a day? why should that person use up their time to benefit you? Do I get annoyed if people leave mid dungeon, yes I do. Do I expect they should play this game around my wants, and complain not taking into account they have time constraints that I do not have.....no I do not. it a game and they have no obligations to play according your personal wants.
Instead of just standing around waiting you could teleport out of the dungeon and then port back in when the group fills.