5.1 pvp specs..

Warlock
Hi guys, this is my first xpac as lock in pvp atleast... I started out destro, and loved it and was doing really good, after 5.1 destro fell off a little bit.

i switched to demo to try it out, i like it pre 90 but the damage unless you're in metamorphasis ( prolly spelled wrong) is weak :/ maybe im doing something wrong

i guess my question is what spec is most viable now-a-days, starting to see more aff locks in bgs but i doubt thats the most viable spec. Any help would be great, thanks for your time.
I'm not sure how viable at 90 it is, but I really love Demo with the Dark Apothesis glyph. It makes you extremely tanky and you can always be in demon form, and even switch to regular meta to deal some bigger numbers.
11/29/2012 02:41 PMPosted by Bazuul
switch to regular meta to deal some bigger numbers.

You lose all of your DF if you switch while in DA. It depletes you back down to 200.
Demo doesnt do enough damage, unless im doing it wrong, id rather stay with destro
Demo is the way to go. Survivability and all your abilities are instant. My chaos wave hits insanely hard (200k+ crits), you have two charges of them, and they're instant. Using a pet, since the other two specs generally run with GrimSac, gives you SacPact which increases that survivability I was talking about. For me, a 250k 20 second shield every 1 minute. The only downside is the build up time for your demonic fury, but overall, I believe the pros outweigh that con.
okay redbeary could you give me some tips on rotation/glyph/talenting and what nots? if you dont mind that would be great
and why when i have imp swarm glyphed can i never find it in my spellbook ( i feel like this is a stupid question )
11/30/2012 01:27 PMPosted by Keylimelol
and why when i have imp swarm glyphed can i never find it in my spellbook ( i feel like this is a stupid question )

i think its bugged... i have thesame problem now I had to make a macro lol
11/30/2012 01:27 PMPosted by Keylimelol

For some reason abilities you get from glyphs are now in the general tab in your spellbook. Imp Swarm and Dark Apotheosis should both be there.
so pretty much as i pvp more and more with warlock, ive come to the conclusion if you're doing bgs, destro, and if you're doing arenas demo is the way to go
12/01/2012 05:39 AMPosted by Keylimelol
so pretty much as i pvp more and more with warlock, ive come to the conclusion if you're doing bgs, destro, and if you're doing arenas demo is the way to go

I use Destro in arena's :) Granted we haven't done many. I still have tons of fun with destro (originally started as demo), with the recent KJC change... I'm loving it even more.
what about affliction in pvp?
and how to beat warriors anyone know? i just get stun locked.
12/02/2012 09:40 AMPosted by Keylimelol

Use your port, remember that they're not immune to fear at all times, only for 8 seconds with Berserker Rage. Many other things you could do, though it is hard to beat Warriors as destruction.
12/02/2012 09:40 AMPosted by Keylimelol

As Destro? Use Succy (they can't Zerk Seduction) and seduce when charged, kite around using Conflag, Felflame and Whiplash, Seduce or Shadowfury to get some Incinerates in and store up some Embers. Chances are he's spec'd 2nd wind so he will not be able to heal until he's at 35%... at which point you will go out all, pop DS, CB/Soulburns with your stored Embers. Don't port until you're sure he cannot charge again or you're near your gateway.
Ahh okay, thanks, and ive been very curious about affliction this xpac.. is it at all viable?
i cant believe they would just completely take it out of pvp viability.
I would be curious to know how aff is doing as well. I've stuck with aff through the good and bad.