Why we need to see LFR boss status part 2

General Discussion
Prev 1 6 7 8 9 Next
Without the boss counter, those who had to leave before completion at whatever point during the week and cannot loot the first two or beginning number of bosses will not see they're being placed into a fresh raid which they do not need. Now they must either waste time fighting the trash and beginning bosses they don't need or leave and take the deserter debuff. Exactly how is this "trying to help people be more efficient with their play time?"

You're looking at it from the point of view of the one person joining. They're looking at it from the point of view of the rest of the 20-ish people sitting there waiting for someone to finish the raid.
11/30/2012 01:50 PMPosted by Niia
Actually, it is

Do you people even read what you're quoting?

Here, I'll highlight the important word for you:

It's not 100% guaranteed

See that bolded three letter word? It's a negative affirmation. It is saying the exact opposite of what you are claiming. There is no (see that word no?) no guarantee that you will ever get a fresh run without the ability to see what bosses are down.

11/30/2012 02:07 PMPosted by Alelsa
You're looking at it from the point of view of the one person joining.

Because that's the only view that matters.
11/30/2012 02:07 PMPosted by Alelsa
Without the boss counter, those who had to leave before completion at whatever point during the week and cannot loot the first two or beginning number of bosses will not see they're being placed into a fresh raid which they do not need. Now they must either waste time fighting the trash and beginning bosses they don't need or leave and take the deserter debuff. Exactly how is this "trying to help people be more efficient with their play time?"

You're looking at it from the point of view of the one person joining. They're looking at it from the point of view of the rest of the 20-ish people sitting there waiting for someone to finish the raid.

And for every 20-ish players sitting there waiting for someone to finish the raid there are multitudes more that have already slain the bosses they're waiting for players to help kill and stand not to benefit from joining the encounter.
As much as I hate to suggest it, maybe they just need to break every LFR boss into separate queues to keep everyone happy <sigh>

That would be terrible.

It would actually resolve the very problems that we're discussing currently without hamhandedly tossing people into useless content because, for some reason, a raid thinks hugging Garalon's underbelly is fun and they can't finish the run without getting carried by someone who isn't three IQ points shy of being outsmarted by a rotten cabbage.
Now if Blizzard still awarded the standard bag of gold to players who cannot loot items from a boss now that they've taken away the boss counter, you might see a little less angst and disdain regarding this decision. But getting nothing whatsoever is a net loss of gold and a complete waste of time. At least deserter time can be spent back doing dailies or whatever it was you were doing beforehand.
11/30/2012 02:09 PMPosted by Bomdanil
Actually, it is

Do you people even read what you're quoting?

Do you? I said you have *priority*, not that it was 100% or guaranteed. That would be silly and only serve to create grossly inflated wait times.
you can still see if you just need to load an addon
http://www.wowace.com/addons/raidfinderfix/files/

Problem solved.
There's a real cognitive dissonance going on. People are dropping out of LFR after they down the last boss they need. And people are mad when they queue up and are slotted in to replace somebody else who dropped.
Right, so with 5.1 the game no longer tells you how many bosses are left for the group you’re being matched with for Raid Finder (LFR).

[snip]

You may think we’re trying to be underhanded, but the reality is we’re trying to help people be more efficient with their play time.

[snip]

Taking whatever queue you get is often more efficient than fishing for one, but idiots continued to fish for queues anyway. This is a case of Blizzard trying to stop stupid from being stupid.

Also, think of it from a bigger perspective than "ME ME ME."
11/30/2012 02:35 PMPosted by Sniffed
There's a real cognitive dissonance going on. People are dropping out of LFR after they down the last boss they need. And people are mad when they queue up and are slotted in to replace somebody else who dropped.

They need to greatly upgrade rewards for second run for people to stay.
11/30/2012 02:40 PMPosted by Yokokurama
I Call B.S. on this change I for one this week had to drop a lfr grp for my Reg guild raid because the lfr didn't finish in time and now with the new setup it KEEPS wanting me to do a fresh one when i don't need the first two bosses why should we be forced to kill bosses again we don't want or need. i personally will just keep dropping adn taking the debuff and lvl a alt or something in the mean time

The solution to your problem is not doing LFR near your regular guild's raiding time.

Taking whatever queue you get is often more efficient than fishing for one, but idiots continued to fish for queues anyway. This is a case of Blizzard trying to stop stupid from being stupid.

Ever see the movie Men In Black?

A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky dangerous animals and you know it

A player is smart, players are stupid greedy and only think of themselves, and any mmosystem needs to account for this.

The problem is it just doesnt work.

So far problems ive seen from not showing progress..

People get in and immediatly do this because its not a fresh run
a, leave
b, forcibly disconnect
c, try to wipe the group then leave without penalty, wiping clears deserter debuff.

now its a case of have and have not, curse took down the addon, other sites are not and are updating it to keep it working.

oops
11/30/2012 02:37 PMPosted by Hyjinx
Taking whatever queue you get is often more efficient than fishing for one, but idiots continued to fish for queues anyway

Tell me how killing something I don't need is a more efficient use of my time than requeueing and continuing with my dailies/archaeology/fishing/pet battles/whatever else I might be doing?

Ever see the movie Men In Black?

A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky dangerous animals and you know it

A player is smart, players are stupid greedy and only think of themselves, and any mmosystem needs to account for this.

The problem is it just doesnt work.

So far problems ive seen from not showing progress..

People get in and immediatly do this because its not a fresh run
a, leave
b, forcibly disconnect
c, try to wipe the group then leave without penalty, wiping clears deserter debuff.

now its a case of have and have not, curse took down the addon, other sites are not and are updating it to keep it working.

oops

We have the loot system in LFR raid and they removed the queue visibility specifically because people were proving too immature to handle them.

As for all your work arounds if this continues to be a problem expect blizzard to address them, they clearly don't want people fishing for queues. So expect longer deserter debuffs that don't clear until you've killed a boss and get applied for DC's. As for the addon expect that functionality to be removed from the scripting api soon enough.