mw and haste

Monk
So the convention wisdom for mw is haste to a break point and after that it has pretty well 0 value.

However I am seeing some mw, though they are a rare breed, stacking haste. Even to the point of dropping spirit to like 8k. They aren't "bad" monks either. Their guilds are doing hm's and the player clearly has a permanent raid spot.

So if your one of the monks I am interested in hearing your thoughts and experience around haste stacking.
The change to haste in 5.1 made more break points reachable. It is still pretty much haste to a breakpoint then crit but now there are actually breakpoints to choose from instead of just the one at 1350 (because 8100ish was out of reach).
dunno what this 1350 and 8100 is lol.. somewhere around 3650 i got 7 ticks on renewing mist and enveloping mist (pre 5.1).

Unless the 1350 is the haste rating to shoot for to hit 3650ish with some raid haste buff (or player haste buff other than bloodlust etc which only last 1 min and do no good the rest of the time)
dunno what this 1350 and 8100 is lol.. somewhere around 3650 i got 7 ticks on renewing mist and enveloping mist (pre 5.1).

Unless the 1350 is the haste rating to shoot for to hit 3650ish with some raid haste buff (or player haste buff other than bloodlust etc which only last 1 min and do no good the rest of the time)

well, let's forget all about pre-5.1 haste values, so we don't confuse people reading this thread :)

Do all of your reforging in Tiger Stance, because otherwise you need to contend with mathing the 50% buff.

RM and EM no longer have the same breakpoints (due to RM ticking once every 2 seconds instead of once every 3 seconds, now).

Presuming you have the 5% spell haste buff when you raid, in Tiger Stance, you need to see:

150 Haste (yes, one hundred and fifty) to get the 10th tick of RM
3148 Haste to get the 1st extra tick of RM
6146 Haste to get the 2nd extra tick of RM

887 Haste to get the 1st extra tick of EM
5382 Haste to get the 2nd extra tick of EM
9915 Haste to get the 3rd extra tick of EM

The 3rd extra tick of RM *is* achievable in higher-end T14 gear, and *may* prove valuable to 10man MWs, but Affinitii was saying while streaming before the Blood Legion raid he's not interested in it for 25man raiding atm.

... back to the original purpose of Zementara's OP - I'm also quite interested to see info from those who're stacking haste between breakpoints; I raided tonight (10man normal, 5/6 MSV and 2/6 HoF) and was very pleased at the change in RM's behaviour. I was able to use a lot more Uplift tonight than had been worthwhile when I raided on Tuesday, which makes me think maybe in 10man we'll have a little bit more diversity in healing decisions afterall (Tuesday was lots of seeding RM to try to get good coverage, and SCK-SCK-SCK-SCK and maybe a Chi Burst here and there)
Im personally testing our haste fully, and am liking it a bit. I also have the brewfest trinket.
Pickled Egg as my example:
Heals have a chance to increase your haste by 5,424 for 10 sec.
massive scaling up is possible more than i imagined

my stats: (without buffs)

Baseline No proc -7518 Haste (+18.63% )
Pickled Egg Proc - 16054 Haste (+37.77%) 8536 additional Haste for free. Tooltip does not change, watch stats window

if you have the Egg trinket, id start there

also worth noting SM has no breakpoints of haste. it heals for X amount in X seconds and haste directly affects it, and increases Chi generation for SM

and our Renewing mists bounces when it heals (instead of a set timer in 5.0)

but... Blizzard pulling that huge nerf with no warning is making me reconsider every stat now (again)
1574 Haste to get the 1st extra tick of EM
4722 Haste to get the 2nd extra tick of EM
7870 Haste to get the 3rd extra tick of EM

These actually occur at 887, 5376, and 9915 in Tiger stance. These appear to be the +1, +2, and +3 breakpoint for ReM in Serpent Stance, not the EM breakpoints.
So decided to start testing haste out myself. Hedged my bets a little bit and aimed for min 10k spirit and then haste and int after that. Not stopping at a haste break point.

I am surprised. It is working out better than I thought. I am finding haste and CJL might become my new best friend.

The hasted CJL is providing chi at a v.nice rate. Same can be said for SM when I swap over into mana saving mode. Also finding I am better of using chi burst as it has no cd and I have the chi available to decided between it and uplift, or even both.

Is it better than crit? Not sure in terms of HPM but it is developing a play style that I am finding more fun. With high haste (and int in support) the decision is no longer melee heal or traditional heal. The choice now is melee dps heal, range dps heal, traditional heal. And swapping around between them all depending on the encounter.

That's from testing in LFR. Wont be testing it in 10 man till weds night.
1574 Haste to get the 1st extra tick of EM
4722 Haste to get the 2nd extra tick of EM
7870 Haste to get the 3rd extra tick of EM

These actually occur at 887, 5376, and 9915 in Tiger stance. These appear to be the +1, +2, and +3 breakpoint for ReM in Serpent Stance, not the EM breakpoints.

... good lord, I grabbed numbers from the wrong column entirely. They're actually the numbers you need for the 1/2/3 extra ticks of RM if you don't have the 5% spell haste buff.

Thanks Daerien; I'll go back and ammend that earlier post.

...except I have 5382 for EM's 2nd extra tick (with 5% spell haste buff), not 5376? I'm going to go with my number for now, because it'll keep people covered if they're looking to gear for that breakpoint even if your number is correct, and I'll try to track down where the discrepancy is (entirely possible it's my end).