[Hotfix] Future Darkmoon Hatchlings are Rare

Pet Battles
I'd already put in a ticket about my red cricket and sapphire cub, which are still uncommon and poor respectively. So I updated it to mention my Uncommon darkmoon hatchling as well.

Ummm as far as I know the cricket and the cub are still random. They can be anything from poor to rare in quality. You may have better luck with your hatchling issue if it isn't buried in a ticket with things that are "working as intended."

Now, if something changed with the cricket and the cub in 5.1 i missed then i stand corrected, but pretty sure they are both still random quality.

All new Crickets are Rare and all new Sapphire Cubs are Uncommon in Patch 5.1 (as they always should have been).

Really sucks because the Red Cricket has the highest Power out of any Critter in-game and mine is Poor.
I have put in a gm ticket about my DM hatchling. I also mentioned the fact that I still have not received my safari hat...

Edit: Bad news guys...

LuckySeven ‏@luckysevenz_z
@mumper Will Darkmoon hatchlings learned before the hotfix to make them rare be upgraded from uncommon to rare through another hotfix?

Cory Stockton Cory Stockton ‏@mumper
@luckysevenz_z No, we have no way to change those. You can either rebuy or use a battle-stone.
Will suck if they don't retroactively change the ones already purchased. But I have enough DMF tickets from doing the monthlies on 11 characters that it can't possibly hurt to buy another.

Sorry to those that don't though. Hopefully they'll fix it for you.
Will suck if they don't retroactively change the ones already purchased. But I have enough DMF tickets from doing the monthlies on 11 characters that it can't possibly hurt to buy another.

Sorry to those that don't though. Hopefully they'll fix it for you.

In case you missed my response above, Mumper has said on Twitter they have no way to retroactively upgrade the pets, so you will have to either re-buy or use a battle-stone.

Early bird gets the bug, apparently. (See what I did there?)
I have put in a gm ticket about my DM hatchling. I also mentioned the fact that I still have not received my safari hat...

Edit: Bad news guys...

LuckySeven ‏@luckysevenz_z
@mumper Will Darkmoon hatchlings learned before the hotfix to make them rare be upgraded from uncommon to rare through another hotfix?

Cory Stockton Cory Stockton ‏@mumper
@luckysevenz_z No, we have no way to change those. You can either rebuy or use a battle-stone.

/cry
*shrug*

We'll just have unique hatchlings.

It's screwed up though. At the very least, they should allow us to ticket a GM for a replacement hatchling.
Well, at last it's just a completion issue since the Hatchling isn't particularly amazing.
I'm sick to death of the dailies and hate to do them again for a couple months, I had saved 90 tickets for a while hoping they'd add a new pet. Not happy since I purchased mine before the hotfix ;(
It is disappointing. Yes.

Will you un-sub because of it? No.

Will you keep playing so you can get it next DMF? Yes.

Blizzard wins.

Flawless victory.
12/03/2012 11:52 PMPosted by Hearus
At least you didn't use a stone to make it rare. Sigh....

Well on the bright side it looks like your stone wasn't used for nothing after all!
That is infuriating. I'd say more, but it would just be enraged incoherent froth about terrible customer service.
Thankfully getting 90 tickets is not the end of the world for most people who have done the faire many times and know how to do it.
12/04/2012 09:09 AMPosted by Vubby
At least you didn't use a stone to make it rare. Sigh....

Well on the bright side it looks like your stone wasn't used for nothing after all!

Indeed.

To all those with issues getting 90 more tickets. Buy the turn in quest stuff during non dmf time. Those plus the profession quest makes for a fast almost 90. It is over 90 if you pick up the collect 250 w/e quest and complete it as well.
Shouldn't have to farm 90 tickets for their mistake. I can think of plenty of other things I'd rather buy with tickets at this point.
so, I wasted my darkmon tokens.
This just came in response to my ticket:

Thank you for contacting us with your issue, and thank you for being patient while we work through this with you :)

I went ahead and did some research on this and found that it is a known issue that we are working on resolving. We have a team put together that should have this all patched up soon. We apologize for any inconvenience.

If you need to contact us again for any reason feel free to do so at any time. We are always here for our gamers.

So perhaps a light at the end of the tunnel. I just hope by "soon" they don't mean 5.2.
I just got a response from a GM and it was similar to the one above, except they said the solution they were moving forward with was they were going to mail a flawless battle-stone to anyone who purchased a Darkmoon Hatchling this week.

I don't know if this is limited to people who got one before the hotfix, or if those who got one after get a free stone too, but it still seems a bit unfair as in essnce all those who got screwed would be getting is an equalizer, while everyone who DID get a rare hatchling gets a free bonus.

In any case I've already bought a second hatchling, so I think I might use the stone on something else and sell the uncommon one as-is. Dunno. Haven't decided yet...
Haha, if they do that, I'm not using the stone on the hatchling. >_> I already bought another one. xD
This just came in response to my ticket:

Thank you for contacting us with your issue, and thank you for being patient while we work through this with you :)

I went ahead and did some research on this and found that it is a known issue that we are working on resolving. We have a team put together that should have this all patched up soon. We apologize for any inconvenience.

If you need to contact us again for any reason feel free to do so at any time. We are always here for our gamers.

So perhaps a light at the end of the tunnel. I just hope by "soon" they don't mean 5.2.

Put in another ticket and hope you get a more helpful GM. I lucked out and got a nice one who gave me a stone to upgrade my Hatchling. I did have to explain the issue to him though as he had no idea about the bug.

We shouldn't have to play musical GMs in the hopes of Blizzard fixing their own errors. It's terrible customer service but on the bright side apparently there are some really cool ones. So keep trying until you get one who is cooperative.

ETA: The GMs CAN help you if they want to so don't take no for an answer or let them give you the "we're looking into it" run around. The GM I talked to had a flawless stone in my mailbox within seconds. They can fix things if they so choose so don't let them tell you otherwise.
Sweet. Now my uncommon is super uncommon!