It's that time.

Wyrmrest Accord
Another goodbye thread.

I've been kind of burnt out on WoW since before MoP. I thought I'd give the expansion a chance, though, and it was fun at first, but I just don't enjoy it as much as I'd like to. I don't enjoy this game as much as I used to, and it happens. Sometimes I just need a break, so I took one. I told myself I would see how things went. So far, nothing is compelling me to come back to WoW.

I'm not saying I'm gone for good. I may wander back after some time, but at this point I have no idea how soon that might be. I'm having way too much fun in RIFT right now. It has so much I love in an MMO that WoW just doesn't have, and shows no means of working towards(I could go on and on about this, but I'm sure y'all don't want to hear my happy-rant on the matter). This said, if any of you dabble on RIFT, you can find me on Astyr, Cirio, or Damelios on Faeblight.

I have two people in mind in which I plan to offer temporary(or permanent) leadership of MA to. Both are very lovely people I think the guild and community would agree on. I'm not going to name them here, because I don't want to put pressure on anyone.

I'm still almost always in Vent. If anyone wants to hop on and chat or something, poke at someone in MA for the info. Every member can find the vent stuff in the guild info tab. <3

I <3 you happy shiny people.

I'm going to miss a lot of you. <squeezehugs>
Why would a friend hate your guts for not playing a game that isn't fun to you anymore??
I've given it like three month's thought, if not more. The guild, and friends, has been the ONLY thing keeping me around. I don't enjoy WoW like I used to. Every time I log on I immediately feel exhausted. I don't want to PvP; I don't want to dungeon; I don't want to raid.

I may let people down, but I can't play a game that I don't enjoy. If I make myself stay, it will only make it worse. I'll get depressed, and it will get to the point that I'll just stop logging on anyway.

Pandaria doesn't make me angry. I just don't enjoy it. I don't enjoy the game as a whole any more, nor any little part of it.

RIFT was kind of lackluster a year ago. Every change they make just makes me love it even more, however. Storm Legion did it for me. I can mentor down, drop my level down to a low-level friend's and play with them as they level; I can "transmog/wardrobe" ANY type of armor(currently wearing a mix of plate, leather, cloth and chain as a Cleric); I can dye armor; I can guild and party with members of the opposite faction; I have player housing; I have character and class customization OUT THE !@#; free server transfers; GREAT customer service; a company that listens to the suggestions of the players; a beautiful community; etc.. WoW will probably never have much of this. Did I mention that Valliac willingly does PvP, tanking, and healing in RIFT, which he would loathe in WoW?

A lot of people I know are getting just as burnt out on this game as I am, a good bit of which have already left.

Like I said, I'm not saying I wont come back, but at this time I'm not going to be playing WoW.
I've said this time and time again, games are meant to be enjoyed. If you're not enjoying yourself, you need to find what will make you happy. Your real friends should understand. Everyone needs a break.

In the mean time, hope you continue to have fun with RIFT!

*hugs*
12/04/2012 01:10 PMPosted by Etovaar
Why would a friend hate your guts for not playing a game that isn't fun to you anymore??

Why? Because you were the GM of a pretty solid RP guild.

Well, put me in the not hating people's guts camp. All of us ultimately play games because they're fun, and get burned out like anyone. I would never want anyone to keep playing WoW out of a sense of obligation.

Bel, best of luck in Rift. I loved that game, and the RP server I was on, as well! And all the stuff you're listing is making it sound awfully appealing... ugh...

Anyway, good luck and have fun! WoW will always be here if you decide to return.
You will be missed Belevow!
Tangent: Isn't everyone like...undead in RIFT?
Thank you all. <3 <hugs!>

@Lansuer: Pretty much, yeah. :3 Only the Ascended, though. Many people choose not to RP as such, though.
NOOOOOOOOOOOO
Good luck Bel! May you find fun and awesomness where ever you go.
I will be joining her (as if I havent been already).

12/04/2012 12:53 PMPosted by Etovaar
Look, if you jump ship now, and you're going to let a lot of people down.

...excuse me?

We have a lot of our people talk in vent. We have our own personal forums for keeping in touch. About 90% of the people in MA have contact with us, or in contact with someone who IS in contact with us. Myself and Bel still frequent the WrA facebook page, etc.

I share Bel's view that the game is no longer fun, right now. Community was my biggest issue. We'll probably come back in time. Not saying we're quitting completely. Just an extended break.
12/04/2012 01:50 PMPosted by Valliac
I share Bel's view that the game is no longer fun, right now. Community was my biggest issue. We'll probably come back in time. Not saying we're quitting completely. Just an extended break.

Then best of luck to you as well my friend.
12/04/2012 02:02 PMPosted by Moonknyght
Then best of luck to you as well my friend.

Always reachable via WRA's FB page. Always reachable in ventrilo. Still got time until my sub runs out, always reachable via mobile app.
<3. You know I'll always be in vent.
12/04/2012 01:50 PMPosted by Valliac
I share Bel's view that the game is no longer fun, right now.
Your reasonable, likable behavior on the forums will be missed. Best of luck to both of you!
Tavook. Your not going anywhere!

Love,

Me
a.k.a. Moonsword
Aw, this makes me really sad. It's sucking seeing so many people fade out with MoP.

I hope you guys have fun on whatever game you get into next, and I hope this isn't the last we see of you.
Playing something that you don't enjoy is just silly. I hope you have fun on whatever endeavors you pursue, your posts in the forum always seemed reasonable to me aswell :)