Flawless Battle Stones from Wild Pet Battles

Pet Battles
Prev 1 3 4 5 Next
Last night I got three - one aquatic and one mechanical from pet battles, and a general use from a trainer battle.
I am still not getting any battle stones in the wild and am basically spamming wild pet battles to level my pets. I thought I'd get at least 1 or 2 by now.
11/30/2012 08:43 AMPosted by Ashaala
Last night I got three - one aquatic and one mechanical from pet battles, and a general use from a trainer battle.

Which wild pets were you fighting to get these type of stones?
got one for dragonkin from a critter last night, level 14
I got a Magic Stone, used it on my Broom. So happy!

What were you killing, Oily Slimelings?

Farming for Undead and Humanoid stones is going to be nightmare.

The only place I can think of to farm for an Undead stone would be at the Restless Shadeling spawn, and I need two of them.
I was going to upgrade my Shadeling wit the stone I didn't get, but with my Scourged Whelp hitting 25 last night, I can say undead pets are very underwhelming. Take +dmg from critters (which is mostly all of them), and doing -dmg to aquatic (on Pandaria, what isn't a critter is aquatic). Super disappoint.

The only place I can think of to farm for an Undead stone would be at the Restless Shadeling spawn, and I need two of them.
I was going to upgrade my Shadeling wit the stone I didn't get, but with my Scourged Whelp hitting 25 last night, I can say undead pets are very underwhelming. Take +dmg from critters (which is mostly all of them), and doing -dmg to aquatic (on Pandaria, what isn't a critter is aquatic). Super disappoint.

The Shadeling is often good as part of a team because of Plagued Blood. That persists through pet swaps and can heal any pet in the front.
I got one but it disappeared after I relogged ._.
11/29/2012 04:30 PMPosted by Alicè
I got a Magic Stone, used it on my Broom. So happy!

Yep, Oily Slimelings.
11/30/2012 11:02 AMPosted by Sesamee

Which wild pets were you fighting to get these type of stones?
got the aquatic from Water striders, and the mechanical off a rabid nut varmint, iirc.
I've done well over 100 pet battles since 5.1 hit (closer to 200). I've received no stones from the wild (1 from a daily bag today though). My luck must be pretty awful...
11/30/2012 08:08 AMPosted by Gummigumdrop
Has anyone gotten a Flawless Battle-Stone from a wild pet battle and then had it... disappear? :/ I was just searching for a rare Nordrassil wisp and ended up just killing an uncommon + the extras to level up my Fluxfire Feline, randomly got the stone at the end of it. Then I flew over to Winterspring and through a few other zones and it isn't in my inventory now :|.

This just happened to me as well, I got one in the vale and it disappeared when I later took a portal to org.
Valley of the 4 winds is a good place for critter and aquatic stones, due to the high spawn rate of turtles (aquatic) and pack spawning of quillrats and marsh fiddlers (critter).

People tell me the oily slimes in borean tundra is good for magic stones, but they seem to have a poor spawn rate on my server. Hoping to find a better, more reliable one.

Mech stones... mech squirrels or the new robo cats and bears around Gnomer and Everlook.

Heard tales of people farming the ghosts in UC for undead stones, but that is easily camped on my server. Want a better spot.

Dragon stones, feralas nether faerie dragons are low level, but they spawn fast enough to balance it out. Maybe try the cloud serpent hatchlings, if you have the rep.

Haven't gotten around to elemental stone farming, but I expect Deepholm shale hatchlings would be a good place to start.

Flying stones, I would think the moths in the Vale would do, but I don't have a lot of flyers, so I haven't tried.

Beast stones... jungle grubs in K-wilds spawn a lot.

Only one I can't seem to find a decent spot for is humanoids. Kun-Lai runts... maybe?

That said, yeah I have seen stones disappear when I hearth or use a portal. Annoying bug. Hope it gets fixed Tuesday. Until then, I use them when I get them. Using them is better than losing them.
got my first one:
flawless mechanical battle-stone from a cogblade raptor

The Shadeling is often good as part of a team because of Plagued Blood. That persists through pet swaps and can heal any pet in the front.
REALLY. Huh. The whelp has it too but I would get a pet down with him and swap, PB would have faded 1 round prior and I didn't bother reapplying. This is good to know for future references though, thanks!
One question, if i Kill mobs of lv 1 (Ej.Lost of lordaeron) with a team of full lv 25, they give me stones? or i need lv lows or something?
11/30/2012 03:39 PMPosted by Hyacen
One question, if i Kill mobs of lv 1 (Ej.Lost of lordaeron) with a team of full lv 25, they give me stones? or i need lv lows or something?

lower level pets have a lower chance of dropping stones. but you can kill any level fo pet with the 'chance' of a stone
11/30/2012 02:58 PMPosted by Sedori
Has anyone gotten a Flawless Battle-Stone from a wild pet battle and then had it... disappear? :/ I was just searching for a rare Nordrassil wisp and ended up just killing an uncommon + the extras to level up my Fluxfire Feline, randomly got the stone at the end of it. Then I flew over to Winterspring and through a few other zones and it isn't in my inventory now :|.

This just happened to me as well, I got one in the vale and it disappeared when I later took a portal to org.

Just wanted to add that this happened to me as well. Was in Hyjal farming for a wisp, got a Flawless Battle Stone and once I logged in today it was gone :(
Good to know I'm not the only one who has had this happen.
I've gotten a flawless from a sack of supplies and zero stones from ~100 battles leveling pets off the elementals in Zul'drak.
In ~300 battles, I've received 1 Aquatic Flawless Stone (used on Sea Pony) and 1 Beast Flawless Stone (used on Shardhorn)

On the upside, I'm working on getting way more Pets to 25. O_O