Why Thrall should die.

General Discussion
Post Limit:
Prev 1 2 3 26 Next
11/30/2012 04:20 AMPosted by Enekie
We want Thrall back as Warchief. We deserve him.

See, my whole argument is that the Horde doesn't deserve him. The Horde needs to have their story be their own again, instead of having it be a vehicle for Thrall to look awesome.

We do deserve him. Our story is Thrall one too and Thrall story is our too. He is one of us, we walked a great path together, in good and bad times.

He helped us into being something more than just the Old Horde grunts we were before him. He made us better, he made the horde story better, you go and talk about what the alliance need, let us have our warchief.
11/30/2012 04:25 AMPosted by Roastbeef

See, my whole argument is that the Horde doesn't deserve him. The Horde needs to have their story be their own again, instead of having it be a vehicle for Thrall to look awesome.

We do deserve him. Our story is Thrall one too and Thrall story is our too. He is one of us, we walked a great path together, in good and bad times.

He helped us into being something more than just the Old Horde grunts we were before him. He made us better, he made the horde story better, you go and talk about what the alliance need, let us have our warchief.

That whole good times and bad thing? He abandoned you to a madman.

That whole good times and bad thing? He abandoned you to a madman.

He did not abandoned us. He saved us. He needed to go to save us and so made a choice. A bad choice, but its ok, we know he did it thinking for the best for us. We are with a madman now but we are alive. We will get rid of the madman soon, dont worry about that, and then we will get Thrall back and with him we will move forward.
And BTW, as a dedicated Hordie, I'd love to have Thrall back. Not Go'el - but Thrall, the badass hybrid ele/enhance shaman in heavy mail armor, hefting the Doomhammer. I'd like to see a cool story arc where he takes up that mantle and using what he learned during his stint communing with the earth, the Aspects and the elements to admit his mistakes and to take responsibility for what he's done.

And no, what the Alliance thinks of him doesn't matter, nor should it. *eye roll*
11/30/2012 04:00 AMPosted by Lawlpotatoes
Thrall is the greatest WoW character and leader ever. Didn't even have to read your post besides title.
11/30/2012 04:23 AMPosted by Lawlpotatoes
You started the argument between us, not me.

How so? Because I don't like Thrall? Well you should know by now not everybody is going to like the same things as you. That's life.

It was your lack of effort that made me respond. You sounded almost like a blind fanatic it was surprising actually.

11/30/2012 04:25 AMPosted by Roastbeef

Oh yes lots of walking as he did nothing after Cairne was killed. Oh we totally bonded as he just stood there in deepholm and somehow this made him super mecha earth god form z whatever.

Instead we're stuck with Garrosh. Can't we just shove them both off of a cliff? They're both wasted story potential at this point.
11/30/2012 04:28 AMPosted by Roastbeef
He did not abandoned us. He saved us. He needed to go to save us and so made a choice. A bad choice, but its ok, we know he did it thinking for the best for us. We are with a madman now but we are alive. We will get rid of the madman soon, dont worry about that, and then we will get Thrall back and with him we will move forward.

Having Garrosh attempt assassination and enslaving the trolls is okay?

Thanks Thrall. Brilliant idea leaving him in charge.
These responses kind of prove my point, don't they? People are so certain Thrall will come back and save them and fix everything, what's the point of being invested in the story?

What will all the warfare and violence have meant if it was all just a waiting period so we could have Thrall come back and save us? Why are we even playing if we're just going to be saved by Thrall?

I'm beginning to feel like I need to do the Krasarang quests now...
11/30/2012 04:35 AMPosted by Enekie
These responses kind of prove my point, don't they?

Sadly.

You been okay? I think you were gone from the forums for a bit. *waves* Welcome back to the chaos if this is the case.
These responses kind of prove my point, don't they? People are so certain Thrall will come back and save them and fix everything, what's the point of being invested in the story?

What will all the warfare and violence have meant if it was all just a waiting period so we could have Thrall come back and save us? Why are we even playing if we're just going to be saved by Thrall?

Who said we'll be "saved" by Thrall? I think the point here is that we'll be saving ourselves, by and large. With a Hitlerian madman in charge, our factions are starting to peel away are the Alliance is starting to take a look at us. We must either unite against him on our own or fail and disappear.

People like you fail to see the larger picture.

Who said we'll be "saved" by Thrall? I think the point here is that we'll be saving ourselves, by and large. With a Hitlerian madman in charge, our factions are starting to peel away are the Alliance is starting to take a look at us. We must either unite against him on our own or fail and disappear.

Not at all. I see the larger picture as one in which the Horde is starting to crumble and question itself, why they're together in the first place, what they stand to achieve by remaining together.

They need to answer these questions for themselves. They need to realize why they're the Horde. They can't do that with Thrall.
And BTW, as a dedicated Hordie, I'd love to have Thrall back. Not Go'el - but Thrall, the badass hybrid ele/enhance shaman in heavy mail armor, hefting the Doomhammer. I'd like to see a cool story arc where he takes up that mantle and using what he learned during his stint communing with the earth, the Aspects and the elements to admit his mistakes and to take responsibility for what he's done.

And no, what the Alliance thinks of him doesn't matter, nor should it. *eye roll*

Yes, this of course.

We want our true Warchief back, not that @@*!@%!@* in cloth. We want to fight alonside Thrall with his Doomhammer and the black plate armor.
11/30/2012 04:39 AMPosted by Jiangjin

Do you think the Alliance is just going to stop if Thrall is back on the throne? The way Jaina is I doubt she'll be able to drop her anger. Get rid of Garrosh you'll still have to deal with his followers. They'll have to be killed/imprisoned for going against Thrall. And being a risk to others.

What is Thrall going to do once the Alliance are in Org and seeing the Horde broken from the inside with no warchief? Easy victory and kills.
11/30/2012 04:33 AMPosted by Rosenivy

No its not ok. Which is one of the reasons why we will kick Garroshes ases out of orgrimmar soon. And Thrall goes help the trolls as soon as he knows this.

yes, he made a mistake with Garrosh, that doesnt mean he shouldnt be Warchief.
Well..maybe its time horde had a child warchief for an expansion or two like alliance did. Thrall has a son right?
11/30/2012 04:44 AMPosted by Roastbeef

No its not ok. Which is one of the reasons why we will kick Garroshes ases out of orgrimmar soon. And Thrall goes help the trolls as soon as he knows this.

yes, he made a mistake with Garrosh, that doesnt mean he shouldnt be Warchief.

Well, yes, it does.

He abandoned you to a madman. Now you're waiting patiently for him to come save you. The story would be so much stronger if you waited forever.

He wont "save" us, he will lead us again into glory, honor and pride, all the things we lost with Garrosh.

We will save ourself by kicking Garrosh out of Orgrimmar, and then we will save ourselves by reinstating Thrall as Warchief.

The point is that thrall is the only one that makes sense lorewise, and it happens to be our best leader.

Why would we put another leader that we dont know how will lead us when we have Thrall, our best leader just there?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5GgflscOmW8