Hey, Wyrmrest.

Wyrmrest Accord
this always cheers me up

http://i.imgur.com/BUbPB.gif
I had to say something since inpatient psych is my specialty. It's nothing to be ashamed of, if you are a human being you are likely to suffer with this type of thing as a reaction to a stressor that overwhelms you.

He's talking about suicide here. If he's serious, no amount of beverages or cute images will help.

Spending time with family or those that you trust, maybe taking a few days off work. Seek professional help if you need. If you continually ignore trauma and push it behind you, eventually it will surface as damage. Damage to your personality or how you react to others in the future. The losing party in a bad relationship will usually have a string of bad relationships to follow.

I'm not necessarily talking about psychiatric meds, but moreso cognitive therapy and processing.

I'm not necessarily talking about psychiatric meds, but moreso cognitive therapy and processing.

not enough people pushing for the latter, too many pushing for the former, in my experience
This is hard to share but i will anyway..

I have lived with depression my while life and have attempted suicide more then once. The worst time was when i was 17 (im currently 28) i overdosed with pills and was rushed to the hospital. I hit code blue and was in and out of consciousness. I was terrified but eventually reached a point where i accepted death. The doctor stuck me with a big needle and they induced vomiting. I stayed in hospital for a while after that before they eventually let me go home. After that experience I felt dirty, far worse then i did before the attempt. Stupidly enough i had three attempts which followed. The last one (i was 23) wasn't as bad as i called someone while doing it. I was taken to hospital this time conscious while lying in the bed i looked over to my father and saw how upset he was and it rely broke my heart. I decided that things had to change.

I started to clean myself up after that and began to see my psych more regularly and stopped sugar coating how i felt to him as i was always someone who would pretend im ok when clearly i wasn't. I started doing breathing exercises which has helped me calm down when i get angry or stressed. If i felt mad i write it down, go for a walk or go shopping. Suicide is not a answer it causes more problems if not for the person doing it for their family and friends.

Im fine these days and even though i was in a dark place back then im glad i survived it. When i do have bad days i go outside and do photography or birdwatching to get away from my issues. I have started to have more relationships with people and opening up and talking rely does help.

12/01/2012 07:36 PMPosted by Erydani
You need to get a bunch of buddies together, a bottle of whiskey and just cry it out.

I'm sorry, but no no no no to the whiskey or any alcohol. It should never be used in this way. Ignoring the potential for repeated abuse, it causes other problems. Memory loss which ruins the whole point of letting it out with your friend's support, the hangover, and the fact that it's a depressant. Even if it's only one drink it's still not good.

A soothing drink would be better to help the process. Cold water, juice, milk, favorite tea, or perhaps a tea designed to calm. Nothing with too much sugar or caffeine of course.

Agreed. I was a alcoholic. drunk everyday. I came on guild chat one night drunk as hell and began to talk about injuring myself and other destructive things. I scared my guildies and after i logged they reported me to blizzard for wanting to hurt myself as their was nothing they could do as we live far away from each other. I felt ashamed so the next day i announced to the guild and RL family and friends that i am done with drinking and so far am almost 2 months sober.

Alcohol WILL make you more depressed and make something such as suicide or self harm easier to go through with as a lack of good judgement (being intoxicated) you can rely hurt yourself.

I have started to drink 3 liters of juice a day since i stopped drinking alcohol and have noticed im not getting depressed much and feel much healthier over all.

Anyway WA i think i have creeped you out enough.
/hugs everyone in the thread.

cause everyone needs a hug sometimes.
This.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=535184355831
So sorry, man. In the long run though, it's just a woman, one woman, and this will pass like everything else in life. When it happens, it's devastating, and you might always feel a bit of a twinge (and some anger, betrayal) but it WILL pass. Surround yourself with good people, do something good for yourself, get some counselling. It's not "wrong" or even "abnormal" to think extreme things when something devastating happens, but if you do, you should probably talk to someone pro about it.

/hug
Dude your fiance left you cuz ur so awsome she just could not handle how awsome you are. You need to find a chick that can handle your amazing epicness. Wich shouldnt be hard for someone as epic as you.
You know, this is probably one of the most devastating moments a human being can go through. We all know it, many of us have gone through that, and worse.

Best thing you can really do right now is not to be alone. Call your friends up, people you trust, talk to them. Just talk. Don't care if it makes you look weak (it doesn't). You need it. That's what friends are for.

Alcohol doesn't help, you know that. It only amplifies the negativity and depression. It doesn't "drown" anything. it just makes you even more vulnerable. Put your chin up and take heart. Throw the bottle away and face the ugly reality.
It's hard, I know. But it's better.

About suicide. Why? Yes, she left you. Yes, she left you for another man. It's a bad thing. It's painful, but your heart will heal and you will live again once you're through that dark forest that currently surrounds you. I know it's not easy. I had my fair share of that kind of stuff. You can do it, even if it looks like an impossible thing right now, but it's only yourself holding you back. Climb that mountain. You'll be stronger than you've been before, in the end.

You wouldn't punish her if you would take your life. It would make her sad, yes. But she would have only lost you. You would loose your chance for another love, other adventures of life, wonderful experiences, laughter, your parents, your friends. You would loose everything. It's not worth it.

Just call your friends, talk to them. Call your parents if you need it. Talk to them as well. You don't need to be strong right now. It's okay to be weak.
And if it still doesn't help, try and get some professional help. There is nothing wrong with that, as well. Sometimes the heart needs a little help from outside to heal.

Have a hug from me. I will send you good thoughts and my strength.

Y.
this always cheers me up

http://i.imgur.com/BUbPB.gif

That's pretty funny.
I don't know most of you, but I've been there, so *hugs*

And this always makes me laugh unreasonably loudly.

http://www.kulfoto.com/cat-pictures/26221/lieutenant-dan-got-new-legs
You made the right choice.

Relief is a feeling, happiness is a feeling, and you can't feel anything when you're dead.

(Listen to the DK!)

In the future, sometime from that very hard time forward, I can GUARANTEE you will have happy times, that you will laugh again; I can guarantee it. You will be happy again, and it will not have been possible if you had taken the course of action you had in mind.

Cheers, man.
There is a reason for everything, perhaps this happened so the clouds would open and you will find someone you truly are meant to be with. There is so much out there, don't let this one door stop you. Keep turning the handle mate!
12/01/2012 07:36 PMPosted by Erydani
You need to get a bunch of buddies together, a bottle of whiskey and just cry it out.

I'm sorry, but no no no no to the whiskey or any alcohol. It should never be used in this way. Ignoring the potential for repeated abuse, it causes other problems. Memory loss which ruins the whole point of letting it out with your friend's support, the hangover, and the fact that it's a depressant. Even if it's only one drink it's still not good.

A soothing drink would be better to help the process. Cold water, juice, milk, favorite tea, or perhaps a tea designed to calm. Nothing with too much sugar or caffeine of course.

No.

Get drunk, with your friends and let loose for a bit, it'll do wonders.

Also I'm not encouraging it to be done all the time, please stop going to an unnecessary extreme. Every once in awhile you need to just let it all flow out. This is one of those rare occasions.

not enough people pushing for the latter, too many pushing for the former, in my experience

Is therapy an effective treatment for suicide?

No.

Also I'm not encouraging it to be done all the time, please stop going to an unnecessary extreme. Every once in awhile you need to just let it all flow out. This is one of those rare occasions.

It's really irresponsible of you to recommend to people who are emotionally unstable enough to seriously consider suicide that they take get drunk. Drinking alcohol causes loss of good judgment and inhibitions, and very unpredictable behavior, not to mention that it's a terrible way to try to solve your problems.

I understand that your heart is in the right place, but how about not making recommendations that are going to get people killed?

Surely no one is going to advocate the drinking is the only way to relieve stress... or that's it's a healthy outlet for it... because that's disturbing, if so.
Drinking is something that should be kept to happy social occasions and never in excess.

No.

It's really irresponsible of you to recommend to people who are emotionally unstable enough to seriously consider suicide that they take get drunk. Drinking alcohol causes loss of good judgment and inhibitions, and very unpredictable behavior, not to mention that it's a terrible way to try to solve your problems.

I understand that your heart is in the right place, but how about not making recommendations that are going to get people killed?

Surely no one is going to advocate the drinking is the only way to relieve stress... or that's it's a healthy outlet for it... because that's disturbing, if so.
How about not jumping to an unnecessary extreme? People have been in his situation before, this is a time honored tradition. Going out once, letting it all out, isn't going to kill. Get off your high horse, what he needs is low inhibition fun right now.
I'm really not on my high horse at all. By "he" are you referring to the OP? Because I seriously doubt that you (or anyone else here) know what he needs. You're recommending something without any idea what you're talking about. Telling someone to spend time with family or friends might help or it might not, but it's unlikely to kill them. Recommending a night of heavy drinking when you know NOTHING about someone's background, what kind of effect it might have on them (are they violent when drunk? Even more suicidal? Prone to driving? Getting arrested?) is really not a good idea.
12/04/2012 01:36 PMPosted by Dulcy
I'm really not on my high horse at all. By "he" are you referring to the OP? Because I seriously doubt that you (or anyone else here) know what he needs. You're recommending something without any idea what you're talking about. Telling someone to spend time with family or friends might help or it might not, but it's unlikely to kill them. Recommending a night of heavy drinking when you know NOTHING about someone's background, what kind of effect it might have on them (are they violent when drunk? Even more suicidal? Prone to driving? Getting arrested?) is really not a good idea.

By that logic, you should never recommend anything to anyone because they may not have any form of self control.

OP do NOT drink soup, I don't know if you can hold your breath, and I don't think it's a good idea.

It looks like rain, I'm not going to suggest you take an umbrella out, you might poke your eye out with it.

No I won't loan you my scissors, how do I know you're not going to stab me with it?