[PvP] My wishlist on paladins...

Paladin
...And at the top, or near it, is a new ability, or better yet, give us an ability from holy.

Specifically, Denounce.

"But it has a cast time!" You might say!

Then I say allow our Crusader Strike/Hammer of the Righteous reduce its cast time by 50%, stacking twice!

Suddenly boom, (paladin) tanks are an incredible threat/annoyance, while not upping our damage (much)

EDIT: Afterthought, this thread is about PvP.
Prot paladins don't really need another damage dealing ability .. we have enough.
Prot Paladins have good threat and dps. You just can't be completely lazy like you could in Cataclysm. Minor tab targetting at best. Hell, sometimes I get bored and let the DPS pull, thn drop Hand of Salvation on them. I only had real severe issues with Ret Pally Divine Purpose procs being obnoxious and... I think Fury Warriors from time to time. I usually challenge some DPS to pull threat off me for fun.
Besides, I would rather have Holy Wrath in Ret. Prot has a slew of attacks as is.
...I was thinking of PvP utility...
As prot? Haha.

You better rethink prot's role in PvP.

Psst: It isn't damage.
As prot? Haha.

It's free HKs, right? Do I get a gold star?
As prot? Haha.

12/02/2012 06:32 PMPosted by Stax
utility
I haven't played much PvP, and I'm going to have to agree with Karob that Prot Pallies are free HKs...

Also it would help to please specify PvP next time. <_<;
I believe the OP's point is that Denounce would allow Protection paladins to deny opponents critical hits during PvP - which would be useful both as a survival tool and as a mechanism to protect their teammates.

I heartily support this, btw. The Taunt mechanics from games like WAR and SW:ToR are something Blizz should seriously look at to give tanks a role in PvP.
As I understand it, in ToR, if a tank taunts a player in PvP, the taunted player deals reduced damage to any player except the tank. But I never had a tank in ToR and PvP'ed all of once, so I could be mistaken.
I believe the OP's point is that Denounce would allow Protection paladins to deny opponents critical hits during PvP - which would be useful both as a survival tool and as a mechanism to protect their teammates.

I heartily support this, btw. The Taunt mechanics from games like WAR and SW:ToR are something Blizz should seriously look at to give tanks a role in PvP.

By taunt mechanics i assume you mean tank's taunts in those games force players to attack them for a certain amount of time?

If so, there are plenty of mechanics that cause loss of char control in this game already. I dont think we need another.

Also there already is a mechanic that basically forces people to attack a tank specced toon: carrying the flag :)

No, in those games, a taunt effect inflicts a 30% damage debuff on the target when they attack anyone *other than* the tank. It doesn't force them to attack the tanks, but it does force a choice between trying to damage a hard target or living with significantly decreased damage against the target they've been attacking for 6s.
12/04/2012 03:16 PMPosted by Icandygriz
Also there already is a mechanic that basically forces people to attack a tank specced toon: carrying the flag :)

Except that's only in two battlegrounds, and while I personally love WSG/TP, blizzard's system doesn't allow me to blacklist everything but them.

Heck, both of the 'new' battlegrounds, Silvershard Mines and Temple of Kotmogu, would be an interesting twist with this idea...
It allows tank-specced characters to function as actual bodyguards and meatshields, giving them a good role in PvP without making them indestructible engines of death. Now, that said, both WAR and SWToR also gave their tank specs a fair amount of control abilities too, they weren't just sacks of health pool for their team. Their job was disruption and mitigation, and having a couple on your team who knew what they were doing was pretty valuable, but like the DPS and healing roles, a team composed of just one role might be irritating but probably wouldn't win very much.
I want a glyph that turns my wings graphic into Tyreal wings. Yup.