Where should my Night Elf come from?

World’s End Tavern: Role-play and Fan Fiction
That bends nothing.

Other than Gilneas being a "Kingdom"(It isn't, by the way and is currently occupied by the Forsaken while the Alliance attempt to drive them out), nothing you've said has bent anything in any way.
11/28/2012 12:07 PMPosted by Faber
Stop Take. Just stop. You did not find Anduin, he was recovered by the Horde where eventually he escaped and ventured largely on his own. This isn't good Roleplay, this is poorly written Fan-fiction that ignores the story of it's own source. Your story is soul wrenchingly bad.

Anduin actually(At least according to the Alliance questing) escaped on his own and traveled with a few pandaren for some time.

I might have missed a detail, but if Take met Anduin in that timeframe he could have spoken with him.
That bends nothing.

Other than Gilneas being a "Kingdom"(It isn't, by the way and is currently occupied by the Forsaken while the Alliance attempt to drive them out), nothing you've said has bent anything in any way.

Wait wut?

Gilneas is a kingdom. The Kingdom of Gilneas, ruled by King Genn Greymane. (fun fact, southern silverpine was originally part of the kingdom of Gilneas till the wall went up) And you got it backwards. Lore wise Gilneas is in Alliance control and is occupied by The Gilneas Liberation Front under Crowley, Bloodfang and his feral pack and Stormwind's 7th legion. The Alliance forces pushed the forsaken completely out of the country even pushing out into Silverpine (until the fiasco with Crowley's daughter which made Alliance forces to pull back to the wall)

So currently, the forsaken are trying to re-conquer Gilneas but are being driven back at the wall, hence the Gilneas Battleground, they can't get in through the wall so they try to re-invade by sea, hence the BG.
11/28/2012 12:22 PMPosted by Takehikò
You are both right. Anduin was captured and he did escape on his own and did travel with some Pandaren. and thank you for defending my story line. My story line does state that I found him between the time he was captured and the time his ship was wrecked.

Anduin's ship crashed once it got to Pandaria. He was captured after that(Unless there's a story event that I'm missing).

If you are a Wandering Isle Pandaren, then there's no way you could have met Anduin between the time his ship crashed and his subsequent rescue, because the Wandering Isle Pandaren didn't come to Stormwind until after the initial invasion of Pandaria by the Horde and Alliance.

the timelines don't mesh up.
Gilneas is a kingdom. The Kingdom of Gilneas, ruled by King Genn Greymane. (fun fact, southern silverpine was originally part of the kingdom of Gilneas till the wall went up) And you got it backwards. Lore wise Gilneas is in Alliance control and is occupied by The Gilneas Liberation Front under Crowley, Bloodfang and his feral pack and Stormwind's 7th legion. The Alliance forces pushed the forsaken completely out of the country even pushing out into Silverpine (until the fiasco with Crowley's daughter which made Alliance forces to pull back to the wall)

What I meant is that it is not a functioning, living Kingdom of the kind that would require guards. Any guards currently stationed in Gilneas would be 7th Legion or Bloodfang or Liberation soldiers. Not random adventurer guards, and especially not those of a race known to be straddling sides in the conflict, and potential spies.
11/28/2012 12:30 PMPosted by Aylisaes

What I meant is that it is not a functioning, living Kingdom of the kind that would require guards. Any guards currently stationed in Gilneas would be 7th Legion or Bloodfang or Liberation soldiers. Not random adventurer guards, and especially not those of a race known to be straddling sides in the conflict, and potential spies.

"I'll show you the functioning and living Gilneas" Ravinsild growled, his deep violet eyes flashing in a way that foretold danger and that the Night Elf had better watch how they spoke of his great nation.

EDIT:
Alysaes is from Moon Guard. Just by the way.
11/28/2012 12:30 PMPosted by Aylisaes

AH ok faire enough, misinterpreted your meaning, otherwise ya, I agree with you.
11/28/2012 12:30 PMPosted by Takehikò
I'm a Pandaria Pandaren. I may have to fix my story line if Anduin was captured when his ship crashed. I made an RP twisting the story line saying that the horde ship crashed at the same time as alliance crashed and I am finished with Jade Forest, haven't been there in a while, and I play alliance, so I'm A. Stuck in my RP and B. Forgot about the horde attack

His ship crashed. He escaped. If my understanding of the storyline is correct, after his escape he travelled with some Pandaren he met for a short time. The Alliance tried to capture him, he MC'd one of the guards and escaped. (He was then captured by the Horde, I think?) Afterward, he ended up at Xuen's temple to attempt to convince the August Celestials to open up the gates to the Vale of Eternal Blossoms.

You could have met Anduin at any one of those points, after his ship crashed, and before your Pandaren went to Stormwind.

Play on moon guard brahski. People accept anything, don't complain about it bending the story line, and like creativity like mine. I'm sure if you're in a war you would recruit as many people as possible, so an adventuring guard would most likely be accepted.

Do yourself a favor and at least see where this toon resides before you make yourself look dumb by telling me to play on Moon Guard again. Please.
11/28/2012 12:33 PMPosted by Takehikò
Play on moon guard brahski. People accept anything, don't complain about it bending the story line, and like creativity like mine. I'm sure if you're in a war you would recruit as many people as possible, so an adventuring guard would most likely be accepted.

11/28/2012 12:33 PMPosted by Takehikò
moon guard

People accept anything

...that's not a good thing.

Also Gilneans are kinda xenophobic. You would not find any non-gilnean guards in gilneas (7th legion soldiers don't count)
11/28/2012 12:37 PMPosted by Drewan

moon guard

People accept anything

...that's not a good thing.

Also Gilneans are kinda xenophobic. You would not find any non-gilnean guards in gilneas (7th legion soldiers don't count)

Making blanket statements in any degree is bad.

Moon Guard has a serious RP community. The spectrum swings from lol cat Elwynn RP and College based ERP fest RP to my guild, as serious and lore abiding as can be.

We have Scarlet Crusade RP as Scarlet Reformists. We also have lol cat family elwynn smiles time RP.

That doesn't mean all RPers see things the same way, or that my guild would ever accept a lol cat family RPer into the midst.

Different people view RP differently on every server, and it is always individually based on what would be accepted.
Please tell me that you did not say "2v1" in the same breath as actually trying to do anything RP-related.

In the same thread where you tout yourself as such an amazing Rper.