Getting into Rated Battlegrounds

Rogue
Have any other rogues had trouble getting into rated bg's for the sole purpose of being a rogue?

When i asked someone who was looking for DPS for Low MMR rbg's if i could join in, he responded by saying rogue's are terrible and he doesn't want me. Even with the ability to link my previous RBG achievements (Ranging up to 2k) i am still denied entrance into multiple RBG groups.

Everybody i've asked admittedly said that they would rather a warrior then a rogue anyway. So warriors are just better rogues now?

How have some of you been convincing people to join their RBG groups? any tips/ things i should mention?
If they have been advertising "lf dps for rbg" for awhile, then point out that they are not filling it up anyways :P
You're not going to get into a competent RBG group as a rogue or ret paladin atm, there's just no point when you can bring any other melee that will fill your role and do it better.
11/22/2012 06:23 PMPosted by Kasavas
You're not going to get into a competent RBG group as a rogue or ret paladin atm, there's just no point when you can bring any other melee that will fill your role and do it better.

Replace ret paladin (who can provide utility) with monks.

And the ignorant post of the year goes to........

In all seriousness, if the group thinks Rogues are useless they're probably never going to break 1700.
11/22/2012 06:45 PMPosted by Mordiss

In all seriousness, if the group thinks Rogues are useless they're probably never going to break 1700.

... or they are the 2400+ teams running double destro /w 3+ casters and occassionally a DK for grips. Bomb use to be useful, but warriors are the strongest and most prevalent FCs and they have half a dozen outs. Rogues don't bring competitive burst or CC. The survivability and mobility is absolutely terrible. Anything marginally useful is brought in a superior form by other classes.

It is not just that there is something superior in place of rogues for RBGs, but that stacking classes you already have is superior to taking a rogue. Double lock, double mage, double DK, and even double Spriest is all vastly superior to taking even one rogue or one ret.
even with arena teams. im tryna learn a bit when i start playing RPD or RPS so i can coordinate better and peel better, but i feel like its a waste of time to my healer friend when he can be running god comp or something better. props to him for playing with me tho <.>
RBGs are actually the only thing in PvP that rogues are necissary in. Ninja caps, ninja steals, smoke bombs, locking down healers, shroud of concealment, ect...

I think it is stupid not to take a rogue, honestly.

Do you even know what rogues do in RBGs?
11/22/2012 07:14 PMPosted by Hackusations

... or they are the 2400+ teams running double destro /w 3+ casters and occassionally a DK for grips. Bomb use to be useful, but warriors are the strongest and most prevalent FCs and they have half a dozen outs. Rogues don't bring competitive burst or CC. The survivability and mobility is absolutely terrible. Anything marginally useful is brought in a superior form by other classes.

It is not just that there is something superior in place of rogues for RBGs, but that stacking classes you already have is superior to taking a rogue. Double lock, double mage, double DK, and even double Spriest is all vastly superior to taking even one rogue or one ret.

He put it about as perfectly as you can. Rogue's usefulness is next to nil compared to other classes. We got smokes and saps, that's about all we have right now that makes us unique. The majority of the time I try to run with my guild they say "Nah we'll wait on a lock/mage". The need for us is almost non existent. A warr can put out better burst than us, casters have our burst at range, plus the usefulness of buffs that most casters bring. On top of that, our survivability is horrid. Sorry to beat a dead horse and copy what you've said, but it needs emphasis.

Also, damn nice gear and rating. Listen to this guy, he's got his RBG knowledge on lock.
Not sure if trolling - If it wasn't for my time restricted schedule and that I raid, I would easily be 2400+. I consistently get asked to join in RBG groups of 2400+ mmr.

Rogues are def. not as great as others but they still bring quite a bit of utility to an RBG group.
If you aren't decently known it is somewhat of a pain to get into non-retarded groups.

Seeing as most people fotm strong specs/classes and run prot war/guardian druid (for speedcaps) fc + rsham/rdruid/hpally + demo lock + mage + fdk + 2nd demo/mage/fdk + 3rd demo/magefdk.
So what.. everyone complained that rogues were too good in pvp so they completely put them at the bottom of the ladder? I missed a lot.
In a situation such as this, you need to establish your dominance over the warrior.

How do I do this? One may ask.

Well, you start off by pointing out that you have an AoE stealth, allowing you to conceal you and your offensive team as you prepare to global their FC in a smoke bomb.

What beats that?

Uhhh what? I got into a pug group and we are at 1700 rating from 0. You just need to find the right person.
1700 is not necessarily considered "competent" by majority of people.
11/29/2012 07:39 PMPosted by Nessper
1700 is not necessarily considered "competent" by majority of people.

Eh, i think for a pug its good
11/22/2012 08:13 PMPosted by Sïck

Weren't you an orc!?!?
11/29/2012 08:59 PMPosted by Winterr

Weren't you an orc!?!?

No he was Undead