Landfall = Forced PvP on PvE Realms?

General Discussion
Post Limit:
Prev 1 20 21 22

Wow that post was early this morning wasn't it? Please start reading again at around pages 18 and then comment on what I'm saying...

If you had actually read my post that you quoted you would see that I do and have listened to everyone's differing opinions... I have also not been seen saying that I like to trick people and gank them over and over again...

My posts were responses to people saying that the new quest hub is only 100% pve and that pvp doesn't belong anywhere in it... The people also were stating how this new quest hub has absolutely no pvp aspects to it at all and I was informing the differently...

I do thank you for your opinion of me tho... It's wrong, but I still respect your opinion...

edit: Oh and just in case you still don't read the whole thread... I do say that the accidental flagging is being fixed and looked at per blue post...

The griefing being done by people standing on top of quest npc's is not a nice tactic but it happens in a lot of places especially since crz came into existence... And no I am not condoning those actions either, but it does happen quite often...

Late at night for me :) Not everyone runs on the same timezones as the majority of forum posters. I also dont' generally read through a whole lot of pages if they happen over night. /shrug I'm a bad forum goer, I'll live.

I know you say the bugs are being fixed, and I said I'm waiting for the bugs to be fixed. You called me an elitist without a clue about me, ignoring the fact I was talking about involuntary flagging from bugs and world pvp by choice. You assign stuff I never said such as 'down with pvp', when I'm fine with pvp in the game. I dont' care for it (I occasionally heal a BG), but I dont' have any issue with pvp areas being available in the world for those that want it.

They could add an entire pvp only world zone that flags you when you enter it and put spiffy rewards there for those who participate and I would be completely fine with that. I don't have to participate, and not everything in the game is for my personal enjoyment.

The comments I made that you responded to were not in any way negative about the new area. They did not indicate I thought it should be pve only and that the pvp aspect as unwelcome. In fact, I think was was my first comment in this thread at all. So maybe you should take your own advice and read stuff before insulting people, because oddly enough I'm not on the opposite side to you about the new quest hub having pvp aspects. I think it's good they've given some world pvp objectives back to those who enjoy that sort of thing. I have at least one friend who is enjoying it.

But I have no personal desire to be flagged, I am careful, and I will avoid the area til bugs are fixed, which I am sure they will be.

What I will dispute is those comments claiming PvP is the core of WoW and that faction conflict must have a PvP component. Game wise the players cannot determine the outcome of a situation for any meaningful amount of time. The Battle for the Undercity couldn't have been allowed to be a PvP determined event. The fall of Theramore could not have been left as a PvP determined outcome.

Nicely said. I dispute the comments claiming PvP is the core of Wow and that faction conflict must have a PvP component. Again, read up the history of this game... PvP was an afterthought.
1.Who has said anything about pvp being the core of wow?

2. The Tol Borad QM had pvE gear not pvP so yes I AM absolutely correct...

3. When I mentioned Tol Borad it was for the point that the rewards were pve from the vendor even tho Tol Borad has PVP aspects to it as well... I never said anything about being flagged while doing dailies bla bla bla so stop taking my words and twisting them.

4. I never said that just because it was a continuation of the war between the factions that it absolutely had to have pvp aspects to it. I realize that there is plenty of areas where the conflict has no pvp to it at all concering the war between the Horde and Alliance. I was saying the new area was specifically designed around that theme and that it absolutely has pvp aspects to it.

The towers and graveyards are only able to be captured while flagged for PVP. You are encouraged to fight each other and to protect your own bases from invading npc's and players alike.

5. The accidental flagging issues are being fixed, which is what this thread began with, and has now devolved into a pve vs. pvp non constructive mess.

edit:

11/29/2012 09:58 PMPosted by Thumpalinna
Again, read up the history of this game... PvP was an afterthought.

Pvp was brought into this game in the beta as in pre-release beta patch 0.7.0

Learn to do YOUR research!

World of Warcraft Client Patch 0.7.0

Pre-release patch.

Today's patch features the start of Player vs. Player testing for the World of Warcraft beta test, and we are pleased to announce the opening of an additional realm for this purpose. This new Player vs. Player realm is an all-out Horde vs. Alliance server, where the factions can finally battle! If this rollout is completed successfully, we will then officially begin the next phase of the World of Warcraft beta test and add the next round of testers.
on pvp servers its impossible to do the dailies for the new faction, like today the dailies ported me into a mine with 30+ alliance ontop of the port spawn killing those trying to do dailies. screw up much blizz? your comment "we want the community to be able to experience all content" is complete bs. so here is the list:

-cant do domination point dailies(too many opposing factions killing instead of doing dailies cause your ported into a killing squad)
-cant do brawlers guild because i dont have 80+k to blow on an invitation in the bmah, and after killing the "rare spawns" 50+ times between all of my toons, ive yet to see an invite drop.

1. The daily zone will taper off like ALL the other daily zones in a matter of days so don't blame blizzard because of a "FOTM" daily hub has world pvp/ganking.
2. Sorry to hear your server prices are that high as mine are running about 40K, though more then I'm interested in paying for it.
3. Killing rare spawns 50+ times in what 2 days... either your talking about the launch of MOP until today or you threw out a fake number because I am calling your bluff you've killed 25 rares each day when their respawn timer averages 4-5 hours each and apparently your server is high pop if the invites are that high in price.

actually, im guessing you dont know what rare spawns drops the invites, but they are about 20-30 mins spawns between the 3 of them
The only point I've stuck by is that on a PvE server, I should never encounter a PvP situation unless I queue for a battleground or willingly type /pvp.
11/30/2012 04:33 AMPosted by Izki
The only point I've stuck by is that on a PvE server, I should never encounter a PvP situation unless I queue for a battleground or willingly type /pvp.

I agree with this. I am sick of these fools that flag and camp over the quest givers and force their play on us. Again please Blizz give us a way to toggle in options PvP and Duel requests off. Other games I have checked out do have this feature, please find a way to allow it for us in WoW.

yup but blizz and especially pvptards dont agree with this.

So we get dailies that no one but the pvptards are doing.

I agree, they do need to work out how people flag. Forced flagging should not happen if you are not intending to PvP. But they would need to work out a new system for it to work.

They can't just slap a "Never flag" sticker on people and expect everything to work correctly. I mean someone could mount up and kill camp the other factions AH with no way to stop them from locking out the AH.

yup but blizz and especially pvptards dont agree with this.

So we get dailies that no one but the pvptards are doing.

Calling people pvptards is a great way to show you are a none biased and understanding person...

I mean look at what you just posted! You associated people who like a different aspect of the game then you as to having a mental condition! All while lumping anyone who likes to PvP as someone who would never like an idea that would make the game better for EVERYONE! What the hell is wrong with you?

If people like you would get a clue the world would be a much better place. You are just as bad if not worse then the people you are supposedly against.

Oh and I just proved your post 100% wrong. Get a clue.
This is the most hilarious thread of QQ'ing i have came upon in a very long time.
I pay enough on one account to vote they keep both, both are great about wow
if you dont like it get two accounts doing something else.

11/28/2012 11:06 AMPosted by Magnata
On a PvP server, they can encourage it all they want. On the PvE servers I choose to play on, I'd love for world PvP to become nonexistent.

This! I would pay double sub rates on both my accounts to have pvp gone entirely!
11/28/2012 02:15 PMPosted by Drunkenfox
I'm also getting PvP flagged the instant the turrets in Domination Point target me. Anyone else also having this problem?

This happened to my hubby and I the first time we went to Domination Point. .. and once those canons target you there is almost no way to become untargeted, short of killing the canons. Even flying out of range doesnt reset them, they retarget as soon as you get back in range unless some other poor sucker does something to draw its agro.

Once we figured out what was causing it (besides the flagged players who were intentionally flagging anyone not careful about targeting) we were able to avoid it
The only time I was ever flagged was when I accidentally targeted a hunters pet and she did not appreciate me killing it.

she griefed me for about 10 minutes then we both went quietly on our separate ways.
11/27/2012 01:20 PMPosted by Zhangu
It's the same QQ from the Children's Week PVP achieves, isn't it? Doesn't make it any less valid. I shouldn't have to PVP if I rolled on a PVE server.

Any less valid? It isn't valid in the first place. Either play that part of the game and do what you need to do, or you don't play that part of the game. There's plenty of dungeons for you to safely not be attacked by a real person.
I pay enough on one account to vote they keep both, both are great about wow
if you dont like it get two accounts doing something else.

This! I would pay double sub rates on both my accounts to have pvp gone entirely!

You play World of WARcraft.. seriously some people are such schmucks.
I do enjoy a good skirmish. Though, the best ones for me were the wars that were started over in front of the Ulduar Summoning Stone.
It's not being forced, you're just being tricked into it. Be more careful/aware of what is around you so you stop accidentally flagging yourself.
I am always flagged... Bring it!
12/21/2012 08:47 PMPosted by Daedectes
I am always flagged... Bring it!

I"M FIRIN MUH LAZAR!