Landfall = Forced PvP on PvE Realms?

General Discussion
Prev 1 8 9 10 22 Next
11/27/2012 10:05 PMPosted by Aleshanze
Don't know if this has been pointed out yet or not. Somehow, the hordies are getting the guards from the nearby actual horde base to roam into the daily area. This of course causes them to aggro on alliance, insta tag us and the fun for horde players ensues. I believe the same thing is happening to the horde players doing their dailies.

Can anyone confirm? If true, this is a pretty obnoxious issue.
Happened to me today. I was fighting an NPC non-flagged and a guard came up behind me. I figured not a big deal as long as I dont touch him I'm ok...then I noticed I was getting nuked by a Mage and figured out I was PVP flagged....
I was killing the rare Muerta not attacking anything but her and got randomly flagged and killed.

This has been my bane for the past 2 hours. Everytime I try to kill her, two guard NPCs from nowhere come running from who knows where to join the party. I get tagged, the mage and warlock flying around above see, and swoop down to gang up on me along with the two guards and Muerta.

I don't know if its just that those two guards have a strangely large aggro range or what, but the same thing happens trying to kill the Heavy Mook next to her.

Edit: After experimenting abit, I've discovered that the Heavy Mook(who is always right next to where Muerta spawns) aggros the three guards who are guarding the tower door way north by northwest of where he is. They immediately tag me before they even get in range to start shooting me. Why this happens, I do not know.

Edit2: More experimentation has concluded that pulling the Mook or Muerta by range from a distance to the south wont aggro the three guards from the door, however, this now places the fight with Muerta in the fighting area of one of the bosses for the daily quests, who has a very short respawn timer. Still much better than being tagged and fighting 2-3 guards, though. I made a ticket and tried to shove in as much info in the word limit as I could.
my guess is you either used an aoe and hit a player flagged for pvp or accidently attacked a quest giver or some such (i think they might flag you if you attack them?). If you didn't do anything I'd suggest putting a bug ticket in.
I only got flagged Hordeside when I hit a flagged Ally who ran in front of me with Howling Blast. Hell, I walked into the Ally base, killing people along the way, and didn't get flagged. Seems like something is bugged (or people aren't seeing the flagged person they hit. Or both.)
Exploits? Lets get that banhammer ready.
Selectively pick what things you participate in, yet expect to get everything?

makes no sense.
11/27/2012 09:14 PMPosted by Xiata

When are you being flagged? The quest should not flag you. Flagging for PvP should be the same as always on a PvE realm. If you're accidentally attacking opposite faction guards, you will be flagged as always.

I got flagged twice, I did NOT flag for PvP, I was just trying to do my dailies and I think I got shot by something in the air that flagged me. Then hordes killed me :(

I'm on a PvE server, I do NOT want to PvP... EVER!

The cannons.
They have the same PvP flag as guards. I have no idea why they do, but when these shoot you, there's a very good chance it will flip your PvP flag on.

And those stupid cannons have a pretty big range for both their shots and their agro.
Even being near a horde guard will flag you. I let my flag fall off and got targeted by a guard for being too close, and suddenly I'm flagged again and swooped down upon by half a raid of horde just hovering there. There are a ton of alliance corpses littering the ground. No one even wants to rezz because they just get murdered again. At no point did I even attack the guards back or attempt to fight because, well, one person versus a PVP guild isn't going to end well.

Long story short: On a PVE server forced to do unbalanced and, quite frankly, weird PVP. Logging out and not doing that quest area anymore.

makes no sense.

Excuse me?
I selectively picked to participate in pve activities that give pve currency that buys pve rewards!
Just how am i expecting ANYTHING outside of what i should expect?
Its not like i am asking for pvp rewards!
You know what is really sad here.. Its the ones saying working as intended. It clearly shows their desire for easy kill targets. Their desire to fight players what do not want to fight back. To fight players clearly unprepared for pvp combat. Their clear desire to attack targets that are not even properly geared for pvp.

Then they wonder why some of us despise pvp players!
I considered digging out a pvp set but I don't really like that stuff. Thank blizzard for bubblehearth and tank cooldowns. Denied a ganker his kill with that.
There apparently needs to be a kind of "PvP safety interlock" that makes it so one cannot accidentally flag or otherwise be tricked into getting flagged for PvP. Make it so you cannot damage a player opponent at all if they are flagged and you are not. Separate right click to attack and right click to query NPC, etc. into distinct keyed/moused actions. At the very least, have a tickbox on the combat page that causes a warning similar to deleting a rare item: you have to type a one-time-per-flagged-session passphrase to conspicuously attack the target, and would not prompt again until the PvP flag drops off.
11/27/2012 10:15 PMPosted by Sorrów
Can anyone confirm? If true, this is a pretty obnoxious issue.

I can confirm it. I've just had to fight off about a dozen PvP guards just to try and get out of combat long enough to mount up.

Edit: Something else that doesn't appear to be working right; Alliance controlling towers only gives a 1% damage boost, but the Horde I saw affected by the tower buff had 25% increase.

makes no sense.

Select a PvE realm because you dislike pvp, yet the game forces you to do pvp?

Makes no sense
Someone's gonna be doing overtime to fix these in a hotfix.
Played with this a bit tonight,

Outside in the fortress courtyard did not flag me. Going inside the horde guards attacked me and flagged despite my not attacking them. Its rather non-obvious that this area here is a alliance questing area and this area here that is with a ranged caster shot is a horde player base, rather then horde npc area.

Of course outside their are almost no quest crates and inside their are their are 4-5 just in the first room.:(
These are not PvP quests. None of the objectives require you to engage a player in combat. The rewards are PvE rewards. Thus, I should be able to complete these quests with PvP having zero impact.
Why is there no update on this from blizzard?
Bazun has all but nailed it,
I know my 2 flags happened near Muerta, the same elite guards came down and owned me.

Edit: After experimenting abit, I've discovered that the Heavy Mook(who is always right next to where Muerta spawns) aggros the three guards who are guarding the tower door way north by northwest of where he is. They immediately tag me before they even get in range to start shooting me. Why this happens, I do not know.

Edit2: More experimentation has concluded that pulling the Mook or Muerta by range from a distance to the south wont aggro the three guards from the door, however, this now places the fight with Muerta in the fighting area of one of the bosses for the daily quests, who has a very short respawn timer. Still much better than being tagged and fighting 2-3 guards, though. I made a ticket and tried to shove in as much info in the word limit as I could.