Bear/cat form art removal

Druid
Just started playing again after a hiatus and found that I was able to glyph away moonkin form. Tree of life has been gone. Can we get a minor glyph to remove bear and cat if we wish? (All of you purists out there can stay furry). Transmog looks like fun but I can't really see the point of doing it (same problem we've had with cool armor and weapons for ... ever). As far as our attacks being claw based, the "caster form" attack coding is already done. I've logged in on 3 different occasions in MoP with a mob in my face. I shifted to bear form but I didn't shift onscreen. My toon stayed elfish and proceeded to beat down the mobs with his cool looking 2 hander. The fighting style was very reminiscent of my NE DK tank. I liked it and I wonder if others would like to have the option.

The form bonuses would remain, obviously. Jut like the glyphed moonkin non-form. Or a warrior in protection stance.
No because then you'll just look like a silly brewmaster monk or rogue
I like this idea.
I don't think they should implement this, though I admit i'd utilize it.
For sure. This would be awesome even from a roleplay standpoint. A druid being able to be a warrior weapon wielder type who calls on the forces of animals to enhance his skills in combat. Using the spirit of a nightsaber to move with cat like agility. I don't see anything wrong with this. People who dont' like it can just not use the glyph.
Do you Mangle, Maul, Rake, Shred, etc with your hands? No, you don't. It makes very little sense even within the logic of World of Warcraft (where the logic is sometimes a little weird too).
I don't really see this being implemented. It worked out okay for Moonkin and Tree because those forms weren't really what the specs are based on. They are iconic, sure, but really they just add extra bonuses to the caster for casting their spells.

Feral and Guardian specs are completely built around the idea of shifting into a Bear or a Cat, as opposed to just adding bonuses to caster spells.
they could take away the silly night elf ears on cow druids.. and ad bigger horns or something.. or more jewelery/ect

trolls should customise tusks in forms aswell

or atleast customise the looks in bear,cat, and ad colour appearance to moonkin form like you do with cat,bear
trolls should customise tusks in forms aswell

or atleast customise the looks in bear,cat, and ad colour appearance to moonkin form like you do with cat,bear

I do agree with this =)
Do you Mangle, Maul, Rake, Shred, etc with your hands? No, you don't. It makes very little sense even within the logic of World of Warcraft (where the logic is sometimes a little weird too).

So how is is possible that we fight Elegon with our hands (actually our weapon)? Oh yeah, because it's a video game.
Glyph of the Beast: Causes your character to undergo a transformation resulting in beast like claws and razor sharp fangs. This new form replaces Cat/Bear form. Allows use of all Cat/Bear abilities but upon casting a Balance or Restoration spell reverts the caster to normal form.

Makes caster immune to Polymorph effects. Lasts until canceled.
Biggest problem would be for cat/bear is people rely on the shape change to know when you are going defensive or not. Not many people want to stare at your resource bar and be like "IT CHANGED TO RAGE HE IS IN BEARFORM!" and get off of you or stay on you to prevent damage from coming out. (Talking mainly for pvp)
roll a warrior/rogue. easy fix.
12/04/2012 06:53 PMPosted by Welda
roll a warrior/rogue. easy fix.

Pretty much.
I am normally not one for being on the 'okay' side of removing forms but if you hate cat/bear that much (and want to see your armor) but I have been giving it some thought as of late. Could this be an acceptable solution?

Why not offer a glyph that gives a 'Hybrid' option? I'm referring to the Panther Boss aka High Priestess Kilnara from Z.A. It would still allowing for 'bear' or 'cat' like attacks (having claws, etc) but would still allow for transmog and an easy visual of what form you where using?
@people telling me to roll a new class - no. Why do you care if I look different anyway? If other forms are doing it, we should be able to as well.

@Thebrawn - in raids healers use addons to heal people. Are there not PVP addons that help you target/cc people with the correct spells? I'm not being sarcastic I'm just asking.

@Rayen - that's a good idea. Or even mostly humanoid with bear paws or cat claws. I hadn't considered the PVP aspects of a change because I don't do much of it.
I am down for that.

The shifting with the glyph would just make it the same as stance dancing as a warrior.
12/05/2012 06:42 AMPosted by Wildkin
@people telling me to roll a new class - no. Why do you care if I look different anyway? If other forms are doing it, we should be able to as well.

Cat and Bear forms are beast ( trackable by hunters ). Moonkin and Tree are humanoid. That is why we were able to use our character forms. So unless you start standing on 2 legs as an animal and not walking on all fours ... then you are not humanoid.

Although i'd be comical to see a Nelf on all fours on the ground 'pawing' at mobs with their hands ... it makes no sense.
roll a warrior/rogue/monk easy fix.

Fixed that for you, for shame.
Idiots like this should just delete the druid and uninstall. You'd think after 90 levels, and 8 years people would just understand this is a core mechanic. As the others said, people need to be able to see what form you are. A druid just growing claws? That doesn't fit in lorewise at all and makes no sense. Before suggesting notions like this please take time to actually read about your class. Ah, the days when not everyone and their grandma was a druid, how I miss you.